Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Entertainment > Gaming

Like Tree1297Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 1st December 2009, 08:01 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Oh, can anyone recommend PES 2010.?

Im looking a new footy game and though I normally buy FIFA, I quite liked the PES Demo, but found the A I a bit easy on Pro setting.
I was just wondering if the end product was an improvement.
Old 5th December 2009, 01:28 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

Picked up SHADOWS OF ROME
N4S UNDERCOVER
JAX AND DEXTER:THE FINAL FRONTIER
MOTORSTORM:ARTIC EDGE
Old 6th December 2009, 04:27 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Good game NFS but make sure you get the game Patch and Free DLC Gigantor. 50 plus extra races and missions at an increased difficulty., plus the Patch fixes some minor tech and frameratre issues. that are more noticeable on PS3 , the Patch downloads automatically if your console is internet connected .
The Police chases in the game are brillant fun mate.

Last edited by vipco; 6th December 2009 at 04:49 PM.
Old 6th December 2009, 04:33 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Im in town tomorrow for some BluRays so im thinking strongly of getting PES 10 , Left 4 Dead or NBA 2K10 as well. as they're on offer in GAME at the moment.

Any recomendations.?
Old 9th December 2009, 12:58 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

I hope I'm not stepping on any toes or making enemies here but I really haven/t got into any Soccer er Football games,Which one is THE one to get?
Old 10th December 2009, 01:19 AM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

FIFA 09 & 10 are more realistic and have fully licensed teams, were PES 09 & 2010 are a more quicker arcadey version with set ways to score , though PES 2010 is trying for a more realistic game than PES 09 .(it suceeded)

The PES games arent fully licensed so some league teams have different names than the real teams, though PES has more National teams .

I buy FIFA as it has National teams plus alot more leagues including the US soccer league and English Prem, Champ. 1 & 2 divisions and most Euro leagues as well.
PES has the offical Euro Champions League.

Each game has a carear mode and a mode with Manager eliments to it were you run a club for so many seasons.
PES wins this imo with its Master League .

I own FIFA 09 as imho it plays a good game of soccer and is suitable for all skill levels.

I find FIFA to have the better gameplay, but if you get FIFA 09/10 or PES 09/10 you'll get a good , enjoyable Soccer game.

Hope this help's Gig.
Old 10th December 2009, 08:50 AM
Seasoned Cultist
Good Trader

I'd agree with Vipco there Fifa 09 is a great starting point as you can pick it up cheap enough and it plays great. I think it was this one that finally took over from PES in a lot of peoples eyes. I personally always preferred the Fifa series but most of my mates who were PES fans turned to FIFA when 09 came out.
FIFA 10 is a lot more of a challenge to play(about time!) and takes a lot of work to get decent at but is very satisfying when you do manage to score!
Old 10th December 2009, 12:39 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

yeah thanks!
Old 10th December 2009, 03:11 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

GameStop were selling PES 2010 for £19.99 here but they sold out.

Im a Fifa man to mbv. Is 10 a big step up from 09.?
Thats whats putting me off buying 10 as I only play Fifa casually now, prefering NBA & Madden for long plays and online play.
Old 10th December 2009, 07:45 PM
Seasoned Cultist
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by vipco View Post
GameStop were selling PES 2010 for £19.99 here but they sold out.

Im a Fifa man to mbv. Is 10 a big step up from 09.?
Thats whats putting me off buying 10 as I only play Fifa casually now, prefering NBA & Madden for long plays and online play.
Wait for the price to go down then. I find it better as it's more of a challenge at the harder levels. It's a lot more realistic than 09 but not earth shatteringly(I'm making up words now!) different

Like this? Share it using the links below!