All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree1298Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 5th May 2017, 10:18 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by gag View Post
The last of us .

So addicted to the game ..its Brilliant been ages since I so got into a game I just played 3hrs and how time flies ......highly recommended ...trust me its different in lots of ways .
I've played about 15,hrs and on 70%
Hands down the best video game I have ever played gag. A true masterpiece. Glad you're enjoying it.
gag and trebor8273 like this.
Old 6th May 2017, 08:55 AM
Cult Addict

completed final fantasy 15. back on bloodborne trying to do a pyramid head build. oh yeah
trebor8273 likes this.
Old 6th May 2017, 01:32 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by gag View Post
Also I didn't know Sam riami was making a film version of it
I think that the Raimi produced Last of Us film adaption has indefinitely stalled, it certainly still doesn't even have a completed screenplay. I actually picked up The Last of Us Remastered for the PS4 just a couple of days back. Have only played for a couple of hours so far (but I did previously complete the game on a PS3) and am especially looking forward to finally checking out the Left Behind additional content. The game's 'acting' is just as top-notch as I remember it and the graphics do look noticeably better so it was a good pick-up.

btw Tried out some of the free-to-play PS4 games and wasn't at all impressed - now I know why the games are 'free'. Did like not requiring PlayStation Plus to play online though, shame the PS4 charges for 99% of online play.
Old 7th May 2017, 06:43 PM
Cult Acolyte

Default pray

Started playing Prey, and while it is pretty good,I'm still not convinced it's as good as the reviews are making it out to be. It just feels like I have been here before a dozen times with other FPS set in space with an alien running around trying to nip at my ass.I can't put my finger on it but its just not getting my juices flowing, in fact, I'm getting a little bored if I'm honest.The graphics are as you would imagine pretty good, obviously, the gameplay it is the usual sneak around find key cards do the odd bit of puzzle solving.I'm not really keen on these aliens, they look like a cross between those critters from Pitch Black and that oil slick from Creepshow 2. The actual setting in the space station is nicely done and when you have to go out into space, the weightlessness is well done.Perhaps I'm getting a bit jaded by the endless stream of over hyped and over priced games, fans of BioShock and Deus ex will definitely enjoy this more than I am, I'm gonna spend the rest of my days counting down to November.But for me this another case of the emperor's new clothes.

Old 7th May 2017, 07:19 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inspector Abberline View Post
Started playing Prey, and while it is pretty good,I'm still not convinced it's as good as the reviews are making it out to be. It just feels like I have been here before a dozen times with other FPS set in space with an alien running around trying to nip at my ass.I can't put my finger on it but its just not getting my juices flowing, in fact, I'm getting a little bored if I'm honest.The graphics are as you would imagine pretty good, obviously, the gameplay it is the usual sneak around find key cards do the odd bit of puzzle solving.I'm not really keen on these aliens, they look like a cross between those critters from Pitch Black and that oil slick from Creepshow 2. The actual setting in the space station is nicely done and when you have to go out into space, the weightlessness is well done.Perhaps I'm getting a bit jaded by the endless stream of over hyped and over priced games, fans of BioShock and Deus ex will definitely enjoy this more than I am, I'm gonna spend the rest of my days counting down to November.But for me this another case of the emperor's new clothes.
yep think you are right, its not as good as reviews are making it out but still a good game just not the classic reviews are saying. bit dis pointed my progress didn't continue from demo, but have noticed a few difference between the main game and demo

to be honest having more fun with the new mass effect which got a bit of a savaging just got one of my main question answered why has there been no mention of Shepherd or the events of the other game.
Old 7th May 2017, 07:40 PM
Cult Addict

I been goin all retro and playing Ecco the dolphin on the PS3 via the Sega megadrive ultimate collection.
2370519-genesis_eccothedolphin_eu.jpg us-iphone-1-ecco-the-dolphin.jpg

What starts off as a nice swim about quickly turns into some ****ed up shit about aliens nicking off with your dolphin chums and becomes some weird sadness tinged epic journey as you try and rescue your mates.
Oh and theres time travel and a pterodactyl, evil bastard sea spider crabs and psychotic eels.
A great game that takes an unusual premise and screws with your head.
It's bloody infuriatingly difficult too in the way old games used to be, you will be frustrated and you will die about a million times.
Luckily there is an easy save option on this edition or there would be absolutely no chance of completion.
So frustrating yet so addictive. I played this back in the day and thought i'd got pretty far, turns out it was the tip of the iceberg so to speak.

MIKE: I've got it! Peter Cushing! We've got to drive a stake through his heart!
VYVYAN: Great! I'll get the car!
NEIL: I'll get a cushion.
Old 7th May 2017, 07:44 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by nosferatu42 View Post
I been goin all retro and playing Ecco the dolphin on the PS3 via the Sega megadrive ultimate collection.
Attachment 190355 Attachment 190356

What starts off as a nice swim about quickly turns into some ****ed up shit about aliens nicking off with your dolphin chums and becomes some weird sadness tinged epic journey as you try and rescue your mates.
Oh and theres time travel and a pterodactyl, evil bastard sea spider crabs and psychotic eels.
A great game that takes an unusual premise and screws with your head.
It's bloody infuriatingly difficult too in the way old games used to be, you will be frustrated and you will die about a million times.
Luckily there is an easy save option on this edition or there would be absolutely no chance of completion.
So frustrating yet so addictive. I played this back in the day and thought i'd got pretty far, turns out it was the tip of the iceberg so to speak.
great game, it was strange how it was frustrating but at the same time it was very calming!
nosferatu42 likes this.
Old 7th May 2017, 07:50 PM
Cult Addict

That's what keeps you transfixed it's enjoyably chilled when you're not being attacked and struggling for air.

Flipper never had this trouble.

MIKE: I've got it! Peter Cushing! We've got to drive a stake through his heart!
VYVYAN: Great! I'll get the car!
NEIL: I'll get a cushion.
Old 11th May 2017, 05:46 PM
Cult Acolyte

Default Prey

Still playing Prey, although for how much longer I'm not sure, it has improved somewhat, the setting of the space station and its myriad of tunnels and corridors are pretty cool, and being able to recycle and make ammunition is pretty good idea.My main problem is the alien itself, it is a pale imitation of the Xenomorph, and not a good one either.It's only skill apart from being annoying is that it can morph into inanimate objects,( a bloody useless ability if you ask me, oh look there are some space marines coming along to blast me into space I'll change into a sofa). The real highlight so far is having Walton Goggins voice act one of the characters, a nice touch. Personally, I would recommend people wait until the price drops or buy the superior Alien: Isolation.
trebor8273 likes this.

Old 11th May 2017, 07:05 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inspector Abberline View Post
Still playing Prey, although for how much longer I'm not sure, it has improved somewhat, the setting of the space station and its myriad of tunnels and corridors are pretty cool, and being able to recycle and make ammunition is pretty good idea.My main problem is the alien itself, it is a pale imitation of the Xenomorph, and not a good one either.It's only skill apart from being annoying is that it can morph into inanimate objects,( a bloody useless ability if you ask me, oh look there are some space marines coming along to blast me into space I'll change into a sofa). The real highlight so far is having Walton Goggins voice act one of the characters, a nice touch. Personally, I would recommend people wait until the price drops or buy the superior Alien: Isolation.
Feel the same, I'm selling mine while I still get a good price as its having poor sales and expect it to drop in price quickly, it has some very interesting ideas , like the making of your own stuff and some of the powers you get.

Like this? Share it using the links below!