Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Entertainment > Gaming

Like Tree1174Likes

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #2071  
Old 7th June 2021, 01:31 PM
bleakshaun's Avatar
Cult Addict
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Burntisland
Default

System Shock 2, years since I beat it last. Perfect example of Horror. **** shodan and **** the cyborg midwives

Sent from my PRA-LX1 using Tapatalk
__________________
It says here you're a HERETIC
Reply With Quote
  #2072  
Old 6th July 2021, 02:23 PM
SymbioticFunction's Avatar
Cultist on the Rampage
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Chichester, UK.
Default

Been trying out games on my new Series X console.

Elder Scrolls IV Oblivion and Elder Scrolls V Skyrim are vastly improved. Doom 2016 and Doom Eternal look amazing. And I've been having car fun with good looking Forza Horizon 4 and a pretty cool game called Wreckfest.

My wife has been playing the GOTY version of Fallout 4 which looks noticeably better than it did on our PS4 (although that could be because she's now allowed to use mods which improve textures).

Over the last week I've only watched one film because I've been enjoying this new console in my time off work. Got holiday next week so should be able to be watching movies as well.

btw The Series X is a very quiet console, very different to our PS4 which has the fan blowing if you play anything major.
__________________
PSN user name: suspiria-inferno
Xbox user name: suspiria742952
Reply With Quote
  #2073  
Old 6th July 2021, 02:55 PM
Nordicdusk's Avatar
Cult Veteran
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Ireland
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SymbioticFunction View Post
Been trying out games on my new Series X console.

Elder Scrolls IV Oblivion and Elder Scrolls V Skyrim are vastly improved. Doom 2016 and Doom Eternal look amazing. And I've been having car fun with good looking Forza Horizon 4 and a pretty cool game called Wreckfest.

My wife has been playing the GOTY version of Fallout 4 which looks noticeably better than it did on our PS4 (although that could be because she's now allowed to use mods which improve textures).

Over the last week I've only watched one film because I've been enjoying this new console in my time off work. Got holiday next week so should be able to be watching movies as well.

btw The Series X is a very quiet console, very different to our PS4 which has the fan blowing if you play anything major.
Series X is a great console everything is a vast improvement.

Wreckfest is a great game so much fun. Fallout 4 without modes looks so much better than PS4 and Xbox One even without the modes. Dirt 5 is one that really shows what its capable of when it comes to visuals and its a brilliant game. Oblivion really does look so good on it there is so much more detail for such an old game.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #2074  
Old 13th July 2021, 11:08 AM
gag's Avatar
gag gag is online now
Cult Veteran
Good Trader
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Here there and everywhere
Blog Entries: 2
Default

Seeing this is game thread thought I’d post this here,

Super Mario 64 game sells for record-breaking $1.5m at auction

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-57804089

And also saw this,



Knew games be worth something but even in superb wrapped and mint condition would never though this much tho, but then again anything only worth what someone willing to pay, just because someone says it’s worth x amount of money doesn’t meant someone going to pay it.
Reply With Quote
  #2075  
Old 13th July 2021, 01:51 PM
Nordicdusk's Avatar
Cult Veteran
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Ireland
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gag View Post
Seeing this is game thread thought I’d post this here,

Super Mario 64 game sells for record-breaking $1.5m at auction

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-57804089

And also saw this,



Knew games be worth something but even in superb wrapped and mint condition would never though this much tho, but then again anything only worth what someone willing to pay, just because someone says it’s worth x amount of money doesn’t meant someone going to pay it.
And i thought Stadium Events was the holy grail whe that sold for over 40,000 dollars
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #2076  
Old 13th July 2021, 02:29 PM
Justin101's Avatar
Cult Veteran
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Liverpool
Default

You have to keep in mind that the Nintendo fandom is not the same as others. Not all mint condition and 'graded' copies of games are worth silly money. Just Nintendo and Pokémon cards
__________________


You just gotta keep livin' man, L-I-V-I-N.

Reply With Quote
  #2077  
Old 19th July 2021, 06:08 PM
gag's Avatar
gag gag is online now
Cult Veteran
Good Trader
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Here there and everywhere
Blog Entries: 2
Default

Little nightmares II ,


Very good game, it’s plain simple and not much to it,
No dialogue or story telling, it’s all about you using your own imagination to what’s going on, the graphics are out standing and ground breaking like nothing seen before (except first one ).

You’re a little boy in a dark fantasy gothic horror world, its basic and simple you’ve to find your way around by puzzle solving in a world full of weird strange creatures without being seen or caught.

Here’s 2 trailers.

If you don’t mind games where not much happening but very atmospheric then it’s a great game, if you like your game full of action and plenty going on shooting etc then best to avoid.





Ps the switch versions not suppose to be as good I’ve read and heard it’s got a few minor problems, sluggish and hard to control and Handle the characters, colour frame rate speed etc aren’t quite as good as ps4.

Last edited by gag; 19th July 2021 at 06:20 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #2078  
Old 20th July 2021, 12:25 PM
bleakshaun's Avatar
Cult Addict
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Burntisland
Default

Completed Dark Souls 1 for the god knows how many time. Playing hellpoint

Sent from my PRA-LX1 using Tapatalk
MrBarlow likes this.
__________________
It says here you're a HERETIC
Reply With Quote
  #2079  
Old 20th July 2021, 06:25 PM
bleakshaun's Avatar
Cult Addict
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Burntisland
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleakshaun View Post
Completed Dark Souls 1 for the god knows how many time. Playing hellpoint

Sent from my PRA-LX1 using Tapatalk
Yeah.... **** hellpoint. Playing dread x collection instead

Sent from my PRA-LX1 using Tapatalk
nosferatu42 likes this.
__________________
It says here you're a HERETIC
Reply With Quote
Reply  

Like this? Share it using the links below!

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



Our goal is to keep Cult Labs friendly. If you feel discouraged from posting by certain members' behaviour then you can e-mail us in complete confidence.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2
All forum posts are contributed by members of the site; Cult Labs cannot take responsibility for all content posted on the site. If you have an issue with content posted on the site please click the 'report post' button.
Copyright © 2014 Cult Laboratories Ltd. All rights reserved.