Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Entertainment > Gaming

Like Tree1297Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 28th August 2010, 06:21 PM
Active Cultist

Mafia 2-good gfx,driving is good,ok storyline to many cut scenes for me though also its 2 short only got it yesterday and im on 2nd to last chapter all ready.Not as good as GTAIV, on par with Saints Row 2 but alot shorter
Old 1st September 2010, 02:33 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Was in town today and picked up Mafia 2 so i'll be playing that tonite.
It comes with download codes for The Betrayal of Jimmy were you play as Jimmy , a hired gun, and 2 other packs, Man Made and Greaser, all exclusive to PS3.
Old 2nd September 2010, 12:04 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Played a good few hours of Mafia 2 yesterday. Great game, beautiful graphics and really good story. The cut scenes are excellent with top notch voice acting and really emerse you into the story.
Great melee controls, sim or normal driving set up and an excellent cover & shoot system make this a joy to play.

Also still deep into Gran Turismo & F1 09 on PSP.
Old 3rd September 2010, 10:21 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by vipco View Post
Played a good few hours of Mafia 2 yesterday. Great game, beautiful graphics and really good story. The cut scenes are excellent with top notch voice acting and really emerse you into the story.
Great melee controls, sim or normal driving set up and an excellent cover & shoot system make this a joy to play.

Also still deep into Gran Turismo & F1 09 on PSP.
Mafia 2, absolutely stunning game...
Old 5th September 2010, 01:52 AM
Seasoned Cultist

RED DEAD REDEMPTION is a really good game, my copy was riddled with glitches though.

Im sure there will be more story to download for the game soon, cos the game feels kind of unfinished, a feeling of, "Theres more to come".

Been playing MASS EFFECT 2 most of the time, since it was released, with ODST, and GAY TONY in between..

HALO: REACH, and MASS EFFECT 2: LAIR OF THE SHADOW BROKER are released soon, Excited about these too games, though the latter is a download, not a disc..
Old 6th September 2010, 08:30 AM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Halo Reach is looking good Mahoney.
I only ever played Halo 1 and ODST in the Halo series. Really loved ODST .
Old 6th September 2010, 06:45 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by vipco View Post
Halo Reach is looking good Mahoney.
I only ever played Halo 1 and ODST in the Halo series. Really loved ODST .
Hi vipco, If you liked HALO 1, You'll love HALO 2, it's even better!
I have the same enthusiasm for ODST, the game was quality, the characters and story was so cool, a lot of fun.
No one seems to be playing it online anymore though, they all seem to be playing HALO: MYTHIC. (Until REACH comes out.)
I connected more with HALO: ODST, cos the main characters were more human, you could relate to their situation and their vulnerabilities as human beings. Although the MASTER CHIEF is a great iconic character, he was totally faceless, he may as well be a robot. In ODST, we get to see behind the mask, so to speak, something thats been carried over by BUNGIE in REACH.
Bungie.net : Home of the BR Spread features a bunch of really cool REACH videos to watch, the game looks set to be the best in the series.
Been reading your posts on MAFIA 2 vipco, I like the sound of this game too, will get hold of a copy when I get the chance..
Cheers...
Old 6th September 2010, 11:08 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

this is funny as hell....oh and it's game related....

Old 7th September 2010, 02:25 AM
Seasoned Cultist

I take it that weren't an official ad for the 360! that was priceless! I think I'll watch this again in a minute, so funny...
Poor little sod, this will come back to haunt him for years to come.

" I can't join session now!?"

Comedy gold this...
Old 7th September 2010, 04:35 AM
Seasoned Cultist

Been playing Dead Rising 2: Case Zero which is an exclusive Arcade Live game on the 360.

It's a prequel and nicely sets up the events that are to unfold when Dead Rising 2 is released at the end of the month.

It's not a massive game (you can probably clear it in a couple of hours), but it does give you a good taste of what the full game has to offer (it plays much better than the original DR) plus there is a lot of replay value.

At 400 Microsoft Points (about £3.50), I thought it was reasonably priced.

Any XP, combo cards, character levels, outfits, hairstyles, etc gained can all be carried over to the main game, which I think is pretty cool idea!

Oh did I mention, it has tons of zombies in it!!!

You make it easy.

Like this? Share it using the links below!