Go Back   Cult Labs > Entertainment > Gaming
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree1298Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 7th September 2010, 05:16 AM
Seasoned Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingofwitches666 View Post
Been playing Dead Rising 2: Case Zero which is an exclusive Arcade Live game on the 360.

It's a prequel and nicely sets up the events that are to unfold when Dead Rising 2 is released at the end of the month.

It's not a massive game (you can probably clear it in a couple of hours), but it does give you a good taste of what the full game has to offer (it plays much better than the original DR) plus there is a lot of replay value.

At 400 Microsoft Points (about £3.50), I thought it was reasonably priced.

Any XP, combo cards, character levels, outfits, hairstyles, etc gained can all be carried over to the main game, which I think is pretty cool idea!

Oh did I mention, it has tons of zombies in it!!!
I might give DEAD RISING a try, I've been meaning to play this one for ages now, Never played the game before.

I remember buying a copy of LEFT 4 DEAD, after all the hype etc, then after playing it for an hour or so, I was bored to death with it.
Compared to HALO, GEARS OF WAR, CALL OF DUTY 4, etc, it's utter c**p.

Then again, I never played this one LIVE, so maybe thats where the game really springs to life I guess...
Old 7th September 2010, 07:30 AM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Dead Rising is a fantastic game. I loved the fact you can just take pictures of events that unfold around you to gain points and stats. I only own a PS3 so I'm soooooo happy Dead Rising 2 is being released on it. Shame we don't get the Case Zero though like the Xbox owners :'(

Check out my wife and I's new travel blog www.wepackedourbags.com

My entire Blu Collection for sale: https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/dvd...tion-sale.html
Old 7th September 2010, 08:43 AM
Seasoned Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahoney32 View Post
I remember buying a copy of LEFT 4 DEAD, after all the hype etc, then after playing it for an hour or so, I was bored to death with it.
Compared to HALO, GEARS OF WAR, CALL OF DUTY 4, etc, it's utter c**p.

Then again, I never played this one LIVE, so maybe thats where the game really springs to life I guess...
Online play is TOTALLY where it's at as far as the Left 4 Dead series is concerned, especially 8 player Versus. 4 players as survivors, 4 players as special infected plus the survivors also have to deal with waves of AI controlled common infected. Great fun, very tactical too.

You make it easy.
Old 7th September 2010, 11:01 AM
Cultist

I have to agree; it's all about the online modes when it comes to Left 4 Dead. The single player was a bit annoying as the CPU companions would always walk behind you and were just generally irritating.
Old 7th September 2010, 11:25 AM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahoney32 View Post
Hi vipco, If you liked HALO 1, You'll love HALO 2, it's even better!
I have the same enthusiasm for ODST, the game was quality, the characters and story was so cool, a lot of fun.
No one seems to be playing it online anymore though, they all seem to be playing HALO: MYTHIC. (Until REACH comes out.)
I connected more with HALO: ODST, cos the main characters were more human, you could relate to their situation and their vulnerabilities as human beings. Although the MASTER CHIEF is a great iconic character, he was totally faceless, he may as well be a robot. In ODST, we get to see behind the mask, so to speak, something thats been carried over by BUNGIE in REACH.
Bungie.net : Home of the BR Spread features a bunch of really cool REACH videos to watch, the game looks set to be the best in the series.
Been reading your posts on MAFIA 2 vipco, I like the sound of this game too, will get hold of a copy when I get the chance..
Cheers...
Hi Mahoney......Thats what I enjoyed about ODST as well, the playing as a Human .

I'll have to check out those Halo Reach vids, thanks for posting the link.

Mafia 2's pretty cool as long as your not expecting a GTA clone set in the 40's/50's as its very strongly story driven and theres not much to do if you just choose to drive around looking for your own activities , but the story's really immersive and definetly strong enough to keep you hooked.
Old 7th September 2010, 05:11 PM
Seasoned Cultist

MAFIA 2: I've enjoyed a lot of those Hollywood gangster films over the years, so I think I'm going to like this game. A enjoy driving around virtual environments in stolen cars too...As soon as the excitement of REACH dies down, I'll get a copy.

LEFT 4 DEAD: I'll definitely go along with everything said about this game so far. Designed for LIVE for sure. I still think the offline campaign is awful though. I'd rather watch paint try to be honest...
Old 8th September 2010, 08:25 AM
Seasoned Cultist

Completed ME2: LAIR OF THE SHADOW BROKER last night, on the 360.
This was really good fun, one of the best downloads for ME2 so far.
The new missions feature the return of the Asari Dr T'soni, from ME1, some great new music, Some really entertaining shoot outs, a car chase, and a couple of really tough Boss characters to defeat.
The graphics are impressive here too, with an engaging storyline, and a Hollywood movie style score. A stunning piece of entertainment.
The story has a revenge/ rescue mission theme, that is captivating throughout.

Roll on MASS EFFECT: THE MOVIE!
Old 8th September 2010, 10:12 AM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Sounds good Mahoney.

Mass Effect the movie, that should be awesome.
Old 8th September 2010, 05:21 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by vipco View Post
Sounds good Mahoney.

Mass Effect the movie, that should be awesome.
I googled the topic of a MASS EFFECT film, and I believe there is one in the planning stages/ or in pre-production.
I'm hoping this project has fallen into the right hands, cos' just look how a lot of other game to movies have turned out. Totally naff.
STREET FIGHTER starring Kylie as Cammy, and MARIO BROS with Bob Hoskins Mario, spring to mind. Louie Spence as M Bison, and Nadia as T-Hawk? Anyone?
Old 9th September 2010, 11:25 AM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Video game to movie tie in usually are pretty crap , as are games of popular movies, but there are a few I enjoyed, Resi Evil series springs to mind , especially 1 & 2 , and I did like Final Fantasy, though it took a few veiwings, though as you say Mahoney they usually are naff.(House of the Dead, Doom etc)
I do believe though that a film set in the Mass Effect world would make for an interesting film plot and should be a pretty good movie .
Mass Effect's so interesting it wouldn't be that hard to make the film a sucess and still stay true to the game imo .

I read that HALO was gonna be made into a film but during pre poduction there was a major disagreement and the resulting film was District 9 .

HALO is the biggest grossing franchise going , outselling many top blockbuster movies in merch, its crazy they haven't made a true game to film tie in yet.

Who do you all recon would make a good Master Chief.?......I'd go for Jason Stratham . I think he'd be a great face behind the helmet as his voice sounds cold and emotionless but can pull off witty one liners........Anybody else have a good actor for Master Chief.?.

Like this? Share it using the links below!