Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Entertainment > Gaming
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree1298Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 30th September 2010, 11:26 AM
Seasoned Cultist

Really good recommendations there. No bulls**t, just straight up with the facts. From actual fans and customers, this is what I like. Nice.
Old 30th September 2010, 06:14 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

I picked up Codies F1 2010 today so im of to give it a test drive now.
Old 30th September 2010, 06:30 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Completed REACH campaign on normal and heroic now, just legendary mode left to go. Hope this is not too difficult for me. I should be able to do it though. Slowly inch my way through it, one checkpoint at a time. May start playing RED DEAD online afterwards. See what it's like online as a game. looks like fun from what I can tell. If you want to post me here about RED DEAD, I will read them and reply for sure. Haven't played RED DEAD for a little while now, But really enjoyed the story mode. Though I think the story itself is not quite as strong as the story in G.T.A 4 was. But a really good game. Hoping there is some more story in the works, for RED DEAD, to download soon too. Niko Bellic Vs John Marston?
Old 30th September 2010, 08:43 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by vipco View Post
I picked up Codies F1 2010 today so im of to give it a test drive now.
Hope you enjoy it vipco. I trade mine in at hmv today. I bought it for £32 from Amazon, and I got £35 for it. £3 profit Was going to get Inferno with they swipe card they gave me but they didn't have it on Bluray.
Old 30th September 2010, 11:49 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Loving it so far Merc. I took Mafia 2 to HMV to trade but they wouldn't take it as the slipcase barcode wouldn't register at they're till as it was a GAME special edition with exclusive DLC.
Game offered me £16 credit but I took it to GAMESTOP (top shop) and they allowed me £21 store credit so I took that and added £18 to get F1 2010.
Strange start to a game were you have to pick a team to race for before you get to try the cars out, but im really enjoying it so far.

That was a great price you got for F1 from HMV mate.

Have you tried the WRC Demo yet.? Rally racing perfection.
Old 1st October 2010, 09:23 AM
Seasoned Cultist

Quote:
Loving it so far Merc. I took Mafia 2 to HMV to trade but they wouldn't take it as the slipcase barcode wouldn't register at they're till as it was a GAME special edition with exclusive DLC.
Game offered me £16 credit but I took it to GAMESTOP (top shop) and they allowed me £21 store credit so I took that and added £18 to get F1 2010.
Strange start to a game were you have to pick a team to race for before you get to try the cars out, but im really enjoying it so far.

HI Vipco, how come you've sold your copy of MAFIA 2 already then? This has put my off buying a copy of it myself now. It couldn't be that good then mate? Recommend RED DEAD REDEMPTION if you haven't played it yet, It's a great experience. This game really takes you to the "Wild West", I enjoyed it very much. I like it when Grizzly bears sneak up behind you when your in the forests, it freaks me out every time...
Old 1st October 2010, 11:32 AM
Seasoned Cultist

Quote:

Didn't know it was on the playstation store mate. I will have to give it a try, as I haven't played many rally games since Vrally 2. Thay was long ago
Old 1st October 2010, 12:41 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahoney32 View Post
HI Vipco, how come you've sold your copy of MAFIA 2 already then? This has put my off buying a copy of it myself now. It couldn't be that good then mate? Recommend RED DEAD REDEMPTION if you haven't played it yet, It's a great experience. This game really takes you to the "Wild West", I enjoyed it very much. I like it when Grizzly bears sneak up behind you when your in the forests, it freaks me out every time...
Mafia 2, brilliant Mahoney , I couldn't put it down mate it was that good. Its completely story driven (@ 15hrs) so although you play in an open world , in a fully functioning living city , theres nothing you can do in the city that the story dose'nt need you to do. Yes you can go on a robbing or murder spree, but as in real life , in a city were the cops are armed , you'll be gunned down in no time .
The STORY is the game in Mafia 2, by chapter 5 YOUR Vito, you feel the emotion of his actions, theres twists aplenty so it never gets dull or you never want to stop playing.
To be honest I cursed when I saw the final cut seen, (a) because of the way the story ended (dont wanna put a spoiler) & (b) because I wanted more.
A wonderful game that plays on your emotions . You'll do things that are noble and fully deserving and you'll feel good, then the game that has put you on a high thows a curve ball and forces you do do something thats against your morals , but not out of character of the lifestyle you chose to live and it will play on your conseqious ,(forgive spelling) then your reward has you on a high again but you start to question your actions and look at the people you call friends and who you obey without thought.
Not a true shooter, not a true driving game, not a true stealth game , though all 3 eliments are handled well by the game mechanics and make it a joy to play , but more of an experience of life as a 'wise guy' in 40's / 50's America, that at times you enjoy , even love , but a other times feel bad about what the story asks of you.
A true gem of modern day interactive story telling thats well worth checking out .

Last edited by vipco; 2nd October 2010 at 12:39 AM.
Old 1st October 2010, 04:57 PM
Seasoned Cultist

To be honest I cursed when I saw the final cut seen, (a) because of the way the story ended (dont wanna put a spoiler) & (b) because I wanted more.
A wonderful game that plays on your emotions.

Hi, I've played a few games that left me feeling like this too Vipco. I know exactly what you mean. GTA IV was a bit like that too in a sense. Nice little review of MAFIA 2 by the way. I can tell that you feel strongly about this game, so it must be pretty good then. Will get it eventually. Keeping some money back, cos we got DEMONS, and VAMP etc, coming out soon. Hey, have you played DJ HERO? The second game is due out shortly. I enjoyed the first one, it was good fun. No way was it worth £100 though, that was a joke. That aside, it was a really fun game to play. Will pick up a copy of the second game, when it comes right down in price. I like the look of that METALLICA HERO game too, would love to play that right now. A bit of KILL EM ALL or the BLACK album, nice!
Old 2nd October 2010, 12:36 AM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

I aint played DJ Hero yet mate but I am very tempted to buy it in HMV as its down to £29, deck controller and all.
I like Rap so the forth comming Rap DJ game has got my interest up.

What way does DJ Hero play Mahoney.? Is it pre set songs you mix or can you do your own mash up's ?

Do you remember that music making game on PS1 by Codies I think.? I loved that,

I know what you mean, Q3 & Q4 are host to some marvellous games and Sham and ARROW are putting out some must own films , i'll be holding off on a few games myself till the price drops so I can get the new Sham and ARROW stuff . I need all the penny's I can save. as I really want most of the new DVDs /BD's announced . Im really looking forward to them all except Vamp, plus im really keen to get the Bronx films in a Shamless yellow box at last and ARROW's Island of Death is really got me excited. Sometimes it sucks to have a few collecting hobbies....LOL

Take your time with Mafia 2 mate as the DLC is PS3 exclusive and it'll be a good game no matter when its bought.
Thank you for your kind remarks, im flattered as I wasn't trying to write a review, just explain the game. Thanks , maybe i'll try a write a few Reviews and get them up.

I wouldn't mind seeing a few Reviews from your good self and a few of the other posters in the Game Threads.
Maybe you could get some 360 stuff up Mahoney.

Last edited by vipco; 2nd October 2010 at 12:48 AM.

Like this? Share it using the links below!