Go Back   Cult Labs > Entertainment > Gaming
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree1298Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 16th October 2010, 01:35 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahoney32 View Post
Thanks for taking the time to write this excellent information on Red Dead redemption. It's been very helpful to me. I recently downloaded all the stuff you've listed here, apart from The Zombie DLC. Liars and cheats seems to be the best DLC for the game so far, been killed by that Exploding rifle already. You don't stand much of a chance against that weapon. Undead Nightmare looks fantastic, theres a new trailer for the game available to download now. Looking forward to taking on the four horsemen of the Apocalypse, and thats just one element of the DLC! 800MSP is not to bad for all that. thanks again...

Hey Vipco, have you played this game yet? Check it out if you haven't yet, it's a great game.
Hey no problem, glad to be of help. Looking futher into the Undead Nightmare pack I have some good news & some bad news. The bad news is you don't get to take on the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse (boooo!!!), but you can obtain there steeds instead!

Each of the four horses possess special powers, provided you can break them. I've posted some pictures below:

'With Hell following close behind, Death carries with him a violent wake that rattles through the skulls of the undead, causing a spectacular cranial explosion for any zombie it comes in contact with'.

'Attracting a swarm of insects wherever it travels, Famine's thin shadowy frame and crimson eyes mask an everlasting stamina'.

'A ghastly harbinger of plague and disease that's easily identifiable by its exposed wounds and ocular hemorrhaging, Pestilence possesses an exceptionally high pain threshold'.

'Given power to take peace from the earth, the fiery red horse known as War ignites a trail of flame upon all those in its path, turning the living and the undead alike into smoldering ash'.

It's all looking good, roll on the 26th!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg undeadnightmare_4horses001.jpg (75.3 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg undeadnightmare_4horses002.jpg (51.4 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg undeadnightmare_4horses003.jpg (77.5 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg undeadnightmare_4horses004.jpg (66.7 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg undeadnightmare_4horses005.jpg (48.1 KB, 7 views)

You make it easy.
Old 16th October 2010, 05:36 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Quote:
Thanks for taking the time to write this excellent information on Red Dead redemption. It's been very helpful to me. I recently downloaded all the stuff you've listed here, apart from The Zombie DLC. Liars and cheats seems to be the best DLC for the game so far, been killed by that Exploding rifle already. You don't stand much of a chance against that weapon. Undead Nightmare looks fantastic, theres a new trailer for the game available to download now. Looking forward to taking on the four horsemen of the Apocalypse, and thats just one element of the DLC! 800MSP is not to bad for all that. thanks again...

Hey Vipco, have you played this game yet? Check it out if you haven't yet, it's a great game.
I havent Mahoney.
Im not wild keen on the games time period to be honest.
Old 17th October 2010, 12:24 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by vipco View Post
I havent Mahoney.
Im not wild keen on the games time period to be honest.
I understand Vipco. I'm a bit like that with Victorian style settings.
Old 17th October 2010, 12:50 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingofwitches666 View Post
Hey no problem, glad to be of help. Looking futher into the Undead Nightmare pack I have some good news & some bad news. The bad news is you don't get to take on the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse (boooo!!!), but you can obtain there steeds instead!

Each of the four horses possess special powers, provided you can break them. I've posted some pictures below:

'With Hell following close behind, Death carries with him a violent wake that rattles through the skulls of the undead, causing a spectacular cranial explosion for any zombie it comes in contact with'.

'Attracting a swarm of insects wherever it travels, Famine's thin shadowy frame and crimson eyes mask an everlasting stamina'.

'A ghastly harbinger of plague and disease that's easily identifiable by its exposed wounds and ocular hemorrhaging, Pestilence possesses an exceptionally high pain threshold'.

'Given power to take peace from the earth, the fiery red horse known as War ignites a trail of flame upon all those in its path, turning the living and the undead alike into smoldering ash'.

It's all looking good, roll on the 26th!
I like the sound of the WAR horse. A burning trail of death...

I've managed to get some challenges done now, started to get into the rhythm of the thing. The Co-op Ammunition mission is tough, cos it's set during the night. Going to keep trying that one until I beat it. Great fun though. Loving the river missions too. I would like to get a game of poker on the go soon, Couldn't get one started the other night.

Bonnie Mcfarlane makes an appearance in Undead Nightmare too, going by the trailer. One of the best characters in the game...

I'm a Lt Colonal in Halo Reach now. Just discovered that you can eventually wear the armour of your favourite Noble 6 Spartan. Even the cool Emile helmet! The items are not cheap though....

Going to start playing Gears of War 2 again soon, So I'm hoping that there will still be players online on it. Not too long for Gears 3, March I think....
Old 17th October 2010, 06:51 PM
Seasoned Cultist

I beat the Ammunition mission in Red Dead redemption earlier on. I just wouldn't give up. The small targets in the distance are very hard to see properly, especially in the dark. And I wore glasses to play this too! I'm enjoying this game online a lot more now. I understand it a little better. Came third in my first game of Red Dead online poker earlier on too. It was a cruel end to my game. Totally humiliating, but it's just a game at the end of the day. There will be other day's, and other games...
Old 17th October 2010, 06:56 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Will be playing Gears Of War 2 a lot leading up to the release of Gears 3, so if anyone wants to play, just sign yourselves up with "mahoney32". Then we will play sometime for sure. I want to put a bullet in the Locust Queen's brain this time, and finish this thing...
Old 18th October 2010, 01:12 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Quote:
I understand Vipco. I'm a bit like that with Victorian style settings.
I like Civil war to Indain war period Westererns but I believe Red is set at the end of the 'wild west' (I could be wrong).
Not too keen on Victorian style settings myself mate.

I think SVR11 will be the next big game I tackle. This looks awesome.
Old 18th October 2010, 05:40 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Quote:
I like Civil war to Indain war period Westererns but I believe Red is set at the end of the 'wild west' (I could be wrong).
Not too keen on Victorian style settings myself mate.

I think SVR11 will be the next big game I tackle. This looks awesome.
I haven't played a Wrestling game for years, heres the official site for SVR11: Smackdown vs Raw - Home. Some good pictures and info on there for you to see...
In Red Dead Redemption, the rail roads have already been built, and the first Motor Cars are beginning to hit the streets. The game doesn't focus too much on these details though. But the "Wild West" is slowly dying, and the legends of the West are almost a thing of the past, as Law and order is swiftly gaining control of all territories.
But in this game, the West is still pretty wild, as you'd find out if you were to play through "Red Dead". There's a great deal of countryside in this game, which means you don't run into trouble as much as you would if you were playing GTA IV. This game is much more laid back in a way, a tad more subtle than the Niko Bellic epic...
Not a lot in the way of Native Indians in Red Dead redemption either, and you don't really think about this until you actually meet a few towards the end of the game.
Rockstar have managed to avoid a few of the clichés of the genre here, which is good to know that they have really thought some of these details through here. The game features a really pleasant musical score, which is peppered with two or three really nice songs, that really complement this game. I just wish Rockstar had taken the time to iron out most of the glitches that I discovered while playing through it. This makes me wonder about the quality of upcoming Rockstar releases, in the future, including GTA 5. We shall see...
Old 18th October 2010, 09:41 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Quote:
No your dead riight Vips it is set towards the end of the 'Wild West'. The evolution of the railroad features prominently & the Pinkertons drive about in early automobiles.

You make it easy.
Old 19th October 2010, 12:41 AM
Seasoned Cultist

There was a couple of really annoying players on Red Dead earlier this evening. They kept shooting me dead, then the game kept re-spawning me right near them, and this happened again and again. In the end, I had to bugger off to Mexico just to get away from them. Let them have their American fun, and let me have my fun in Mexico. Slowly starting to build up my character now in this game. Will start tackling the races next...

Like this? Share it using the links below!