Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Entertainment > Gaming

Like Tree1297Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 1st November 2010, 01:30 AM
Seasoned Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by pedromonkey View Post
have both Fallout:New Vegas and Fable 3 to attack soon, but as i just picked up and old Xbox console, im currently battling my way across europe in Call Of duty: The Big Red One. I also have the Zombie DLC for Red Dead Redemption to work through. too many games and not enough time...
I haven't played Fable 1 & 2 yet. "Not enough time" as you say...
Looking forward to playing Fallout: New Vegas myself, really enjoyed the last one.
Old 1st November 2010, 12:20 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Way to old for trick or treating mate. A quiet nite in with the missus watching Horror films was as my Halloween .

SVR games are far from perfect Mahoney, they can be a bit broken to non wrestling fans just looking for a beat em up, and far to easy, but SVR10 & 11 give us the ability to write our own episodes of Smackdown, Raw & ECW, for years in advance , script, characters, the lot, add cut scenes from 100's in the library before and after each match, direct the camera angles and set the facial expressions of those we choose to put in them, ie angry,excited, normal etc , book matches and PPV's and run the WWE for 10 years or more , Pretty good, but time consuming and as I said the fighting system is pretty poor. It's not for everyone.

If you decide to buy I hope you enjoy it but you'd be best to check out a few online reviews from Gamespot , IGN etc or video reviews on UTube before you buy.
Old 1st November 2010, 07:12 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by vipco View Post
Way to old for trick or treating mate. A quiet nite in with the missus watching Horror films was as my Halloween .

SVR games are far from perfect Mahoney, they can be a bit broken to non wrestling fans just looking for a beat em up, and far to easy, but SVR10 & 11 give us the ability to write our own episodes of Smackdown, Raw & ECW, for years in advance , script, characters, the lot, add cut scenes from 100's in the library before and after each match, direct the camera angles and set the facial expressions of those we choose to put in them, ie angry,excited, normal etc , book matches and PPV's and run the WWE for 10 years or more , Pretty good, but time consuming and as I said the fighting system is pretty poor. It's not for everyone.

If you decide to buy I hope you enjoy it but you'd be best to check out a few online reviews from Gamespot , IGN etc or video reviews on UTube before you buy.
That's a shame. We could have gone out there together last night. You dressed as "Randy the Ram", and me dressed as "Elmer" from Brain Damage. And someone else could of gone along as "Colin" too. I could've used the money...
I'm way too old to go trick or treating too unfortunately. Those day's have long since passed...

Those Wrestling games seem as dodgy as they were back in the day's of the SNES and N64. As long as they feature the official logo's, they are gonna sell. I like the sound of the Direct/ Edit show feature though. Best fighting games around these day's are probably Super Street Fighter 4, and Fight Night: Round 4...

IGN are pretty reliable when it comes to Video game reviews. Fair, and to the point, with not too much ass kissing either. I can't stand Ass lickers and Fence sitters, generally speaking. how about you?

The original Halloween was on Telly again last night. Halloween 4 the night before, and Halloween: Resurrection the night before that. I caught a bit of Resurrection. Was that some sort of joke? It came across like a bad Mel Brooks film. Truly awful. What the Hell was the director of this thinking?

My Xbox Dashboard was updated earlier by Xbox Live. In advance, for the arrival of Kinect I guess. It's been updated two or three times so far now. I've pimped up my dashboard with an Undead Nightmare Theme, and I've dressed my Avatar Character as "Emile" from Halo: Reach. Oh, and a "The Dishwasher" Gamer Picture too. Nice.

Do you have a copy of this new "Grindhouse Blue-Ray" then? Nice set. An HMV exclusive apparently. Two disc. There was a six disc R1 edition a while back too...
Old 2nd November 2010, 05:01 PM
Seasoned Cultist

"Elmer" from Brain Damage? What can I say? It was late etc...
Old 3rd November 2010, 06:26 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

I haven't seen the Grindhouse BD Mahoney.
Old 4th November 2010, 12:55 AM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Had to go collect my Pre Order Films from HMV today so I ended up getting SVR11 for my PSP.
Been playing it from I got back from Church meeting tonite and its identical to its PS3 counterpart bar the massive PS3 Online mode and you cant alter the WWE stars stats, just CAW's, but overall a fun WWE simulator that will fill in many hours of waiting rooms and sleepless nites.

I'll not be here for a few weeks as I've alot of stuff on at the mo and spare time is limited so "happy gaming" eveyone and see ya all soon.........vip's.
Old 4th November 2010, 05:45 AM
Seasoned Cultist

Happy gaming!
Old 4th November 2010, 09:39 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

customer came into blockbuster today and wanted to trade some games and dvds in, one of the games he was getting shot of was Call Of Duty 3 on the original Xbox, he would have been given 6p buyback so i gave him 40p and snagged the game, Bargain of the day....
Old 5th November 2010, 12:31 PM
Cultist in Training

Quote:
Originally Posted by pedromonkey View Post
customer came into blockbuster today and wanted to trade some games and dvds in, one of the games he was getting shot of was Call Of Duty 3 on the original Xbox, he would have been given 6p buyback so i gave him 40p and snagged the game, Bargain of the day....

Bargin indeed, i loved this game when it came out, I'm now wondering what sort of trade in I can get for my XBox and PS2? Picked up Star Wars The Force Unleashed for £2 at CEX.

If in space no one can hear you scream...why do you always hear a spaceship go past???
Old 5th November 2010, 12:45 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Donloaded the Monkey Island 1 & 2 special edition bundle for the PS3 2 days ago. Just completed Monkey island 1. Brings back good memories. Love the fact that you can switch between classic view and the new updated graphics, which incidentally look absolutely stunning at 1080 res. And the new voiceovers are great

Blu Rays ---- Vinyl ---- For Sale / Trade ---- Blu Spaghetti

Like this? Share it using the links below!