Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Entertainment > Gaming
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree1298Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 13th November 2010, 09:23 PM
Seasoned Cultist

They seemed to have cooked up Black Op's very quickly. Modern Warfare 2 hasn't been out that long has it?
Old 13th November 2010, 09:26 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Modern Warfare will probably be the first Call Of Duty game that I will play in the series, as it is the one that I like the look of the most.

I'm a Colonel in Halo: Reach now. It took around two solid months of play to reach this rank. More ranks yet to achieve.
Old 14th November 2010, 04:20 PM
Active Cultist

Just finished 007: Blood Stone. It was a solid little game (and I mean little, because it was short) that didn't do much wrong yet did nothing remarkable at the same time.

I think what I liked most about it was that it successfully managed to combine the more serious aspects of the recent Daniel Craig movies with the more entertainingly OTT qualities you'd expect from the Brosnan films. The story was a bit 'meh' though.

But if you're a fan and after a Bond fix (and because we won't be seeing film #23 for another two years if MGM's finiancial plans stay on track, then you most probably are after a fix), I do reccommend it.
Old 14th November 2010, 06:20 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJ Doc View Post
Just finished 007: Blood Stone. It was a solid little game (and I mean little, because it was short) that didn't do much wrong yet did nothing remarkable at the same time.

I think what I liked most about it was that it successfully managed to combine the more serious aspects of the recent Daniel Craig movies with the more entertainingly OTT qualities you'd expect from the Brosnan films. The story was a bit 'meh' though.

But if you're a fan and after a Bond fix (and because we won't be seeing film #23 for another two years if MGM's finiancial plans stay on track, then you most probably are after a fix), I do reccommend it.
Nice one TJ, I've been waiting for someone to give an opinion on 007: Bloodstone. I to am a massive Bond freak & with no new movie imminent I always look to the games for my Bond fix (I even bought the Quantum of Solace game when it came out which was also, to quote a bit 'meh'). So I think I'll purchase on your recommendation. Cheers buddy!

You make it easy.
Old 15th November 2010, 05:16 AM
Ex-member

been playing left for dead 2 on xbox live,this game is great but i think left 4 dead 1 is better.
Old 16th November 2010, 04:42 PM
Active Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingofwitches666 View Post
Nice one TJ, I've been waiting for someone to give an opinion on 007: Bloodstone. I to am a massive Bond freak & with no new movie imminent I always look to the games for my Bond fix (I even bought the Quantum of Solace game when it came out which was also, to quote a bit 'meh'). So I think I'll purchase on your recommendation. Cheers buddy!
Well, glad I could help and I hope you agree with me.

And although it is short (took me around 5-6 hours on Agent (hardish) difficulty), there were plenty of points during the game that I really wanted to play through again, so I started a second playthrough immediately after I'd finished it.

Lots of fun.
Old 17th November 2010, 01:51 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Cheers TJ. I was thinking of asking for it for Christmas but I think someones already getting me Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood so It might have to wait a bit. Then of course theres Fallout: New Vegas & The Force Unleashed II, I'm still playin' Black Ops... aarrggh, too much!

You make it easy.
Old 17th November 2010, 10:42 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

I was a bit skint this wk. so thought id buy a cheep game got a horror game for the wii ju-on the grudge....

im undecided it isnt a gr8 game by all means but ive seen hell lot worse
I think it is trying to much and hard for the scare tactics to the sense it isnt realy working
Plus it is a tadge dull and boring, all your realy doing is wondering in the dark with a torch aand things jumping out at u all the time and well erm thats about it realy

has any 1 played this if so what are your thoughts on it
Old 19th November 2010, 04:56 AM
Seasoned Cultist

Yep, I'm still playing Reach folk's. Black Op's can wait. A long time...

Yo Bower, I think there is more chance of you playing online with Roughale, than there is with me. Ha ha ha. Time will tell I guess...

He'll have a good game of Hexic HD waiting for you, when he gets back from his travelling. lol
Old 19th November 2010, 10:52 AM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahoney32 View Post
They seemed to have cooked up Black Op's very quickly. Modern Warfare 2 hasn't been out that long has it?
Activision use 2 different developers for the COD series, Infinity Ward and Treyarch so each game has well over a years work on it.
One company do the Mod War series, while the other the WW2 set games. It was the guy's behind COD World at War who worked on Black Op's.

Im not sure who does what game as im a fan of EA's MOH series when it comes to real war FPS games, but the team behind the Mod War series are regarded as the lead team in the franchise and generally put out the better game.

Like this? Share it using the links below!