Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Entertainment > Gaming

Like Tree1297Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 25th August 2011, 10:13 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Project Zero for PS2, man this is a creepy game. like the sound of Deadly Premonition though, and this cthulu game, hmmmm.
Old 25th August 2011, 12:11 PM
Cult Acolyte

Cool

Been having great fun with the PS1 'HOGS OF WAR' hadn't played it for a while, what a cracker(tho it takes ages to use the long range weapons effectively) the bots play a mean game, so ideal for a rainy afternoon with a cup of tea. Fab commentary by Rik Mayall as well "Why don't you go bury yourself in the garden, you're making the rest of us puke"(you can pick it up cheap for the PC as well, tho old it works fine on XP)
Old 26th August 2011, 12:42 AM
Seasoned Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by keirarts View Post
Any pc or xb360 gamer try call of cthulu dark corners of the earth. Easier to get on pc via steam, but on xb360 the old xbox disc is compatible.

Very creepy game, and best lovcraftian game ever.
Yep I still have my copy along with a bunch of other 360 compatible Xbox titles (Vice City is still the best GTA game bar none).

Quote:
Originally Posted by thehamish View Post
Project Zero for PS2, man this is a creepy game. like the sound of Deadly Premonition though, and this cthulu game, hmmmm.
I loved the Project Zero game, even the two sequels were pretty decent especially the second one, Crimson Butterfly. The other Jap horror games I remember for the PS2 were the two Forbidden Siren games. I believe they made a movie based on 'em!

You make it easy.
Old 26th August 2011, 12:48 AM
Seasoned Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baseball Fury View Post
If anybody wants to add me on XBL, you can find me under Dislecksier
I'll hit you up for an add BF. You'll know it's me by my gamer tag.

You make it easy.
Old 26th August 2011, 07:21 AM
Cult Rookie

Send a message via Yahoo to parkrobs

The Getaway. Classic PS2
Old 29th August 2011, 03:23 PM
Seasoned Cultist
Good Trader

Currently I have been playing SUPER STREET FIGHTER IV 3D on the Nintendo 3DS. I lost many hours to the game already!
Old 29th August 2011, 04:56 PM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by KPWNINJA View Post
Currently I have been playing SUPER STREET FIGHTER IV 3D on the Nintendo 3DS. I lost many hours to the game already!
Anything with "STREET" and "FIGHTER" in it from Capcom has always been the biz.
Old 1st September 2011, 11:33 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

Just sent back Virtua Tennis 4 to Lovefilm. My verdict? Not that great. The gameplay mechanics are very simple, it's literally impossible to knock an over the net dropshot or play tactically, it's all middle court returns or baseline power tennis. The career mode is awful (it's like a board game with move cards and Monopoly style chance/community chest-like squares!) and badly planned. Unless you're on year 2 or 3 (which the game never tells you is actually possible until you complete your first block of 4 seasons) you get injured just before EVERY SINGLE final you play in, which means you can't run or hit accurately. Loads of fun there. I had to read up online about the balance between playing tournies/exhibitions and training mini-games as the game gives no indication of your first year stats etc carrying over to another set of seasons. Infuriating! The game also has support for Kinect, but only in the form of exhibition matches. This feature is poorly implemented and just felt bolted on at the last minute.

All in all, if you're after an arcadey tennis game to play exhibitions and/or mini games, it's quite fun. If you're after a proper tennis game with career mode etc, I'd give it a miss.
Old 1st September 2011, 11:34 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by platostotal View Post
Anything with "STREET" and "FIGHTER" in it from Capcom has always been the biz.
Apart from Street Fighter EX 3, it's awful!
Old 12th September 2011, 06:16 PM
Competitions Moderator
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Picked up Kiss Pinball on the PS1 yesterday at the local bootfair for only 50p. After reading reviews online and finding out that it's quite possible one of the worst games ever made, I feel like I've been ripped off.
Demoncrat likes this.

Like this? Share it using the links below!