Go Back   Cult Labs > Entertainment > Gaming

Like Tree1297Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 16th January 2012, 04:25 PM
Cult Master
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by keirarts View Post
well worth getting, and very worthy of support, to show games companies gamers are interested in games other than COD and all its wannabee copycats. (not that I dislike COD, i'm just sick to death of realistic war simulators)
Yeah even tho i like COD games i still feel they are ruining modern gaming because developers are not willing to be different. Games like Mirrors Edge and Enslaved odyssey to the west. Enslaved is a fantastic game the world looks fantastic and you care about the development of the story and the people in the game.
Old 16th January 2012, 04:36 PM
Cult Master

Im playing Biowares Jade Empire for original xbox. Its an RPG set in ancient China it looks great with a really deep story only a few hours into the game but really enjoying it so far.
Old 17th January 2012, 10:30 PM
Seasoned Cultist

I've recently been playing on the 360:

COD World at War: Nazi Zombies - Still impossible to beat after all this time
Warhammer 40000 Space Marine - Reminds me of Gears of War but more fun and less depressing
L.A Noire - Have been wanting to play this for a while but it's turned out to be quite boring so far
Left 4 Dead 2 - Amazing!
Old 17th January 2012, 10:36 PM
Cult Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedEyeTheCylon View Post
I've recently been playing on the 360:

COD World at War: Nazi Zombies - Still impossible to beat after all this time
Warhammer 40000 Space Marine - Reminds me of Gears of War but more fun and less depressing
L.A Noire - Have been wanting to play this for a while but it's turned out to be quite boring so far
Left 4 Dead 2 - Amazing!
I know LA NOIRE is alot of the same thing over and over but i enjoyed it. The game looks great i find the cases interesting and i really like the great 40s feel they have managed to pull off. As for left for dead 2 your right its a fantastic game even tho sometimes teaming up with randoms online is a bit hit and miss some people dont like to help each other out.
RedEyeTheCylon likes this.
Old 17th January 2012, 10:41 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by nordicdusk View Post
I know LA NOIRE is alot of the same thing over and over but i enjoyed it. The game looks great i find the cases interesting and i really like the great 40s feel they have managed to pull off. As for left for dead 2 your right its a fantastic game even tho sometimes teaming up with randoms online is a bit hit and miss some people dont like to help each other out.
I probably shouldn't judge L.A Noire as I'm only about half way through it at the moment but I agree, they've done a great job with the look of it (then again, Rockstar always do)
Old 17th January 2012, 10:47 PM
Cult Master

Quote:
I probably shouldn't judge L.A Noire as I'm only about half way through it at the moment but I agree, they've done a great job with the look of it (then again, Rockstar always do)
I do think that the questioning took too much of a front seat in the game. I had hoped for more of a mixture not just drive look for clues questions drive more questions so on. Rockstar has never let me down im a total GTA whore even tho a ton of people hated GTA IV but i loved it. Roll on GTA 5
Old 28th January 2012, 06:06 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Just been playing through Call of Duty: World at War on Veterans mode, they're certainly not lying when they say "You will not survive"
Nordicdusk likes this.
Old 28th January 2012, 06:08 PM
Cult Master

Quote:
Just been playing through Call of Duty: World at War on Veterans mode, they're certainly not lying when they say "You will not survive"
Hell of alot of grenade spamming when playing it on veteran.
Old 30th January 2012, 12:56 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

as i finally dug out the XBox, itl be The Call of Cthulhu for me...and have just picked up an old copy of Silent Hill for the PS! so i can now at last show mate the splendour of visiting said town!!
Nordicdusk likes this.

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 30th January 2012, 09:27 PM
Cult Master

Ah good old Silent Hill fantastic games seem to have lost their way with the franchise lately tho. Looking forward to the remastered HD versions of Silent Hill 2 and 3 for PS3 soon.

Like this? Share it using the links below!