Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Entertainment > Gaming
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree1298Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 25th October 2010, 11:00 AM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

FIFA 11's excellent Mahoney but I was very tempted to opt for PES 11 as its very good this year and a big improvement over PES 10 . (Judging by the Demo's)
Im not a big soccer game fan but the ability to play as my team, Millwall FC , swung it in favour of FIFA for me , im more into Motor Racing, NFL and NBA as a sport, though Wrestling's my big passion.
I dont know how big a jump from FIFA 10 , FIFA 11 is though , as I passed on 10 and got the FIFA World Cup game instead, but it is much better than that.

Bands....... music ways I love 'the blues' and Brit R'n'B bands like NBZ, Dr Feelgood, The Who , and the Mod revival bands like Secret Affair, The Chords , Squire etc , but NBZ would be my top band though Secret Affair was the best gig i've been to this year by a long shot.
I also like old skool Rap / Hip Hop and hard house .
Old 25th October 2010, 08:29 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by vipco View Post
FIFA 11's excellent Mahoney but I was very tempted to opt for PES 11 as its very good this year and a big improvement over PES 10 . (Judging by the Demo's)
Im not a big soccer game fan but the ability to play as my team, Millwall FC , swung it in favour of FIFA for me , im more into Motor Racing, NFL and NBA as a sport, though Wrestling's my big passion.
I dont know how big a jump from FIFA 10 , FIFA 11 is though , as I passed on 10 and got the FIFA World Cup game instead, but it is much better than that.

Bands....... music ways I love 'the blues' and Brit R'n'B bands like NBZ, Dr Feelgood, The Who , and the Mod revival bands like Secret Affair, The Chords , Squire etc , but NBZ would be my top band though Secret Affair was the best gig i've been to this year by a long shot.
I also like old skool Rap / Hip Hop and hard house .
I remember reading in a Gamer Magazine that said to buy South Africa 2010, rather than Fifa 10, if you didn't own either yet. The World Cup game does look more fun. I'd like to get into a sports game sometime soon, as I've been playing shooters for a long while now.
If you have a sports game to recommend to me, I will note it down for the future.
You have a nice varied taste in music and films, and you are into a wide variety of sports too. Your not that uninteresting really. I read the shout box mate.
When you say "NBZ", do you mean N-Dubz? They were on Celebrity Juice a few nights back. I saw a TV appearance with them a little while ago, where the two male singers of the group were wearing what looked like "Babies Winter Hats". I think they have broken JK's record for wearing the most ridiculous hats on live telly. I quite like The Who as well. Then & Now was the last CD I bought by them. One of my favourite tracks would be "Won't get fooled again", though Planet Rock play this at least 100 times a day. So I wouldn't mind if I don't hear the track again over the course of this decade. I've a varied taste in music too. I like everything from Muse, to Curtis Mayfield, Prince, David Bowie, Marvin Gaye, Dream Theatre, Kiss, New order etc. So many to name really. I like a bit of NWA, Dr Dre, Eminem, every now and then. If you like Blues, then I recommend you Joe Bonamassa. His albums are fantastic. I have copies of Sloe Gin and The Ballad of John Henry at the moment. Both great albums. Check them out, I think you may like His music...
Won two games of 6-7 player Red Dead poker last night, in a row. My best performance so far. Before the game started I could hear some American guy talking to another on my headset. The one guy said "There should be a High Roller table, for High Rollers like us". "Then we won't have to play these faggot's". This was one obnoxious moron for sure, I Busted his ass out of the game first, followed shortly by his moronic pals, one after the other. Sweet as a nut. High Rollers? He's not going to be doing much High rolling with no f**king money! A***ole...
Old 26th October 2010, 10:03 AM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

NBZ or 9BZ is short for Nine Below Zero mate .

The FIFA 2010 World Cup game is imho a better football game than FIFA 10 but FIFA 10 has more longevity than WC provided you ignore the chip shot, as its a certainty to beat the keeper that way.

Good sports title,? You cant beat the EA range imo. NBA ,NHL, NFL, Soccer, Golf, Skateboarding, MMA, Boxing and more. If its a sport then chances EA has it covered .

Thanks for the blues recommendations mate, i'll check them out for sure.

Sounds like your having a blast online with Red., nice one , that taught them twats a lesson.lol.
Old 26th October 2010, 07:47 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Quote:
NBZ or 9BZ is short for Nine Below Zero mate .

The FIFA 2010 World Cup game is imho a better football game than FIFA 10 but FIFA 10 has more longevity than WC provided you ignore the chip shot, as its a certainty to beat the keeper that way.

Good sports title,? You cant beat the EA range imo. NBA ,NHL, NFL, Soccer, Golf, Skateboarding, MMA, Boxing and more. If its a sport then chances EA has it covered .

Thanks for the blues recommendations mate, i'll check them out for sure.

Sounds like your having a blast online with Red., nice one , that taught them twats a lesson.lol.
How the Hell did you expect me to guess that mate? You don't strike me as being an N-DUBZ fan anyway. lol
I will be getting a copy of Fifa 11 in time, but not before Dj Hero 2, and Fallout: New Vegas though.
Undead Nightmare is a really cool game so far, took ages to download it. Had to go and reset my router three times, because it kept cutting off during the downloading. This happens from time to time, very irritating. The zombies in this look the part, the really gross looking types. If you begin to get overpowered, find the nearest roof top to climb onto, then pick them off one at a time with shots to the head. Check out the trailers at Rockstar Games. If your tempted to play this game, then it will available on Disc for PS3 and 360 at the end of November sometime. I would of bought a copy if I weren't online. It's packed with all the other DLC that was released previously too. Outlaws to the end and Liars and cheats are great fun to play, proper Western action...
Had an e-mail advertising EA's Need for speed: Hot pursuit earlier, looks like a really fun racer this. It featured the coolest looking Police car I've ever seen. Worth a look. Check out the reviews of that first though, in case it's crap. I've never played a Basketball title before, but they look like a lot of fun to me.
Yeah, I think you will enjoy Joe Bonamassa's music, very bluesy style classic rock, he sure knows how to play guitar this guy. Must be one of the best artists around these day's. Red Dead is really good fun at the moment, you should get in on the action mate, you can have a good game of cards, and then blow peoples brains out, as you travel across the vast landscape. Capture the bag is great fun too.
HALO REACH: Just recently heard news from Bungie that there is going to be three new multiplayer maps available as DLC at the end of November. They are really attractive Science fiction style environments too. Very detailed looking. You can have a good look at them at www.bungie.net. I hope there is a lot more of these Halo reach DLC's to come in the future, especially if this is the last Halo game that Bungie themselves will be making. The multiplayer aspect of the game is extremely good fun, and quite addictive. Great playability too. I wonder what company will be continuing the Halo series? No doubt we will find out soon enough...
Twats? Sure, but I was thinking of something a little stronger. lol

Last edited by Mahoney32; 26th October 2010 at 08:05 PM.
Old 26th October 2010, 08:08 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by MatOfTheDead View Post
At the moment Just Fallout:New Vegas so there goes another 100+ hours of my life
How's Fallout: New Vegas going then? Same quality as the previous game?
Old 26th October 2010, 09:52 PM
Active Cultist

Bought Fallout: New Vegas at the weekend, just been playing that. It's essentially just Fallout 3 but in Nevada/Las Vegas, so if you played Fallout 3 and enjoyed it then you will like New Vegas. There are a few differences here and there but otherwise it's pretty much just a continuation from Fallout 3 (not in the storyline sense though). Superb game in my opinion, I spent a lot of time playing through Fallout 3 so no doubt this will be the same.
Old 27th October 2010, 03:12 AM
Seasoned Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by LineSix View Post
Bought Fallout: New Vegas at the weekend, just been playing that. It's essentially just Fallout 3 but in Nevada/Las Vegas, so if you played Fallout 3 and enjoyed it then you will like New Vegas. There are a few differences here and there but otherwise it's pretty much just a continuation from Fallout 3 (not in the storyline sense though). Superb game in my opinion, I spent a lot of time playing through Fallout 3 so no doubt this will be the same.
I will definitely be getting a copy of this after reading your post here. I don't mind if it's just more of the same really. It sounds good to me anyway. I would love to start playing through Fallout 3 and Oblivion again, but they are so time consuming, you could clock up 250-300 Hrs on each game, easy. The Brotherhood in Fallout 3 were very cool weren't they? There's a bunch of DLC that I haven't played through yet in Oblivion. If you haven't played this one yet, then check out the Game of the year edition of Oblivion. A huge adventure. So in New Vega's, you play as an all new character? Or can you continue with your character from Fallout 3? I played through Fallout 3 twice and ended up with two different endings. I had an ending where I survive, and one where I didn't make it. Yeah, so, If you have any more recommendations for the Xbox360, then I would appreciate that, That goes for anyone reading this too.
I like that film American Psycho, It didn't feature the extreme gore scenes that the book had, but the film version definitely captured the essence of the original novel for sure. I thought the director of this film made a respectable book to film with American Psycho. It's one of my favourite Christian Bale performances too. The "Susudio" sequence is a laugh riot...
Old 27th October 2010, 10:09 AM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Is Vegas more action based and slanted towards shooting than Fallout 3 was.?

I see you mentioned Need For Speed Mahoney , I been getting alot of Dev vids and info on this game from it's announcment and its gonna be a cracking arcade style action Racer imho.
This outing is being developed by Burnout creators Criterean, who jumped at the chance to make a NFS game when EA asked them , and as fans of the NFS series Criterean are looking to bring the 'Street Racer' version back to its former glory.

The cop car you saw was probably a Lambo . You can choose to play as a Cop or a Racer and start of small and work your way up in levels with better cars, Mods, Nos, etc for the Racers and helicopter support callouts, better Police cars with roadblock stinger's and the ability to set up roadblocks mid chase etc for the Cop player .
You chase and race in an open world environment with 24hr Day / Night cycles with City, Desert, Mountain and Forrest roads, much like the original NFS venues on the 3DO.

The Online side is gonna be massive, kind of similar to Burnout Paradise City's Online mode but better , were you can 'jump in' to Online mode with no need to use menu's anytime your playing the single player game .
The Single Player game world will act like a hub for the Online game but will still contain its own solo story and objectives for both Cop and Race modes for those who dont bother with Online Gaming.....This is on my Pre Ordered list and is out at the end of November in 2 versions, Standard and Special Ed..

A seperately developed NFS SHIFT 2 , probably by the same team who give us the sucessfull first SHIFT game , and should be out next year sometime , aimed more at the 'sim' racing fans and fans of Gotham Racing style games with real life Tracks and closed of city circuts and 'proper races with no traffic or illegal stuff .
Old 27th October 2010, 07:02 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Quote:
Is Vegas more action based and slanted towards shooting than Fallout 3 was.?

I see you mentioned Need For Speed Mahoney , I been getting alot of Dev vids and info on this game from it's announcment and its gonna be a cracking arcade style action Racer imho.
This outing is being developed by Burnout creators Criterean, who jumped at the chance to make a NFS game when EA asked them , and as fans of the NFS series Criterean are looking to bring the 'Street Racer' version back to its former glory.

The cop car you saw was probably a Lambo . You can choose to play as a Cop or a Racer and start of small and work your way up in levels with better cars, Mods, Nos, etc for the Racers and helicopter support callouts, better Police cars with roadblock stinger's and the ability to set up roadblocks mid chase etc for the Cop player .
You chase and race in an open world environment with 24hr Day / Night cycles with City, Desert, Mountain and Forrest roads, much like the original NFS venues on the 3DO.

The Online side is gonna be massive, kind of similar to Burnout Paradise City's Online mode but better , were you can 'jump in' to Online mode with no need to use menu's anytime your playing the single player game .
The Single Player game world will act like a hub for the Online game but will still contain its own solo story and objectives for both Cop and Race modes for those who dont bother with Online Gaming.....This is on my Pre Ordered list and is out at the end of November in 2 versions, Standard and Special Ed..

A seperately developed NFS SHIFT 2 , probably by the same team who give us the sucessfull first SHIFT game , and should be out next year sometime , aimed more at the 'sim' racing fans and fans of Gotham Racing style games with real life Tracks and closed of city circuts and 'proper races with no traffic or illegal stuff .
The shoot-outs in Fallout 3 are not quite as exhilarating as games such as Gears of war, Halo, and Mass effect 2, but the game defiantly has it's moments, action wise. You travel across the wasteland and encounter gangs of savages, Mutants, Crazed animals, psychos, while slowly building up your character. You start out with bare-bones minimum, but if you keep traveling and exploring, you will eventually find all the weapons and supplies that you need to pull through the game. Don't try and rush through the game, it's not that sort of game. Just take your time, collect items, and weapons, and start talking to the right people that you meet along the way. You will eventually earn enough money to start buying your own in-game properties around the Fallout world too, which are normally used as posts to save your progress and a few other things. The new game and Fallout 3 seem to be very similar action wise though, same tone etc...
Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit reminds me of an old arcade game from the 80's, That game that was obviously inspired by Miami Vice, where you chase down criminals in a sports car on the freeway. I can't remember the name of it now, but it was a great game in it's day. But the Demo for this new game reminded me of it straight away. You've already pre-orderd this have you? You don't waste any time do you? lol
Hey Vipco, Have you ordered a copy of this new Battle Royale box-set then? I have. I was checking out the pictures of it yesterday, and decided to buy it. Mainly because it's supposedly limited. I've alway's liked the film, it's a crazy idea for a movie, but it's gripping stuff to watch. A classic. I might go for that Fulci box-set too in time, cos i don't own any of those three films. Anyway, If you do eventually buy a copy of Fallout 3, make sure you get the Game of the year edition, because it has all the DLC on it too.
Old 28th October 2010, 03:49 AM
Seasoned Cultist

Undead Nightmare is really entertaining so far, well worth the 800MS points to download. Been playing it for a few day's now, and I'm not bored with it yet. I've found two of the mythical horses so far, War and Pestilence, and I've hunted three out of the six "Bigfoots" that are in the game. I'm hoping there is a Jack Marston story in the works for a DLC too, at some point in the near future. The new Undead nightmare multiplayer aspect of the DLC is great fun. Basically four online players fighting for survival against wave after wave of Zombies, in a handful of different "Red dead" environments, which include Tumbleweed and Coots Cemetery. This new DLC has defiantly breathed new life into my Red Dead Redemption experience, and should maintain my interest for a little while yet...

Like this? Share it using the links below!