All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree1298Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 28th October 2010, 10:07 AM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahoney32 View Post
Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit reminds me of an old arcade game from the 80's, That game that was obviously inspired by Miami Vice, where you chase down criminals in a sports car on the freeway. I can't remember the name of it now, but it was a great game in it's day. But the Demo for this new game reminded me of it straight away. You've already pre-orderd this have you? You don't waste any time do you? lol
Hey Vipco, Have you ordered a copy of this new Battle Royale box-set then? I have. I was checking out the pictures of it yesterday, and decided to buy it. Mainly because it's supposedly limited. I've alway's liked the film, it's a crazy idea for a movie, but it's gripping stuff to watch. A classic. I might go for that Fulci box-set too in time, cos i don't own any of those three films. Anyway, If you do eventually buy a copy of Fallout 3, make sure you get the Game of the year edition, because it has all the DLC on it too.
I get NFS every year mate from its first outing on 3DO. Besides I know how good it is as I got to try it out one day last month.
I like to Pre Order as much as I can with Games and DVDs/BD's as it makes sure you get a copy on day one , plus doubles your Reward points . Once I get a release date I pre order.
I got SVR11 (Fri), NFS (Nov) and GT5 (?) left on Pre Order .

Oh, the NFS Demo is now available to download .

I will be getting Battle Royale when it comes out, im in town tomorrow for SVR11 and a PS shop card plus i've a a few dvds I ordered ready to collect so i'll probably Pre Order it then.
I wasn't gonna get it at first but its turned out to be too good a package to turn down.

I'll pass on the Fulci set as I got them as individual Shameless releases , as well as an uncut dvd of NY Ripper, but it is a nice item .

Thanks for the advice on Fallout mate, much appreciated .
Old 28th October 2010, 10:50 AM
Active Cultist

I used to buy the Smackdown vs. Raw games a few years back but they are essentially the same thing every year, I only used to buy them for the legends wrestlers that were on there but it was also usually the same faces every year. I bought that Legends of WrestleMania the other year which was enjoyable and a bit different, I want something else a bit like that, or those Legends of Wrestling games that were out years ago, they were buggy as hell and limited in terms of matches and stuff but they were good fun and had an insanely huge roster of classic wrestlers, you name it, they were on there.

I actually might pick up the Showdown: Legends of Wrestling game for the PS2 as I never got round to playing that one. It will probably be clunky as hell by todays standards but until we start getting games based on classic wrestling then what else is there.
Old 28th October 2010, 04:08 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

I agree with you up to SVR10 on the SVR series of games Line Six, but with the Creation Tools available for this years outing it basically allows us to alter everything in the game from Story to Wrestlers stats and abillites. It also has its largest Roster ever , with a good few Legends included, and more to come via 3 DLC packs .
Looking at SVR as a gamer then 'Yes', its a rubbish game , but looking at it as a wrestling fan I can forgive it it's many faults , start writing my own storylines with no limits , adding my own cut scenes and change the wrestlers stats, and get some enjoyment outta it , but i'd much prefer to be buying a PS3 version of Fire Pro any day .

LOW has some great Legends in it but the gameplay is very arcadish. It does have some nice touches here and there , but overall SVR10 was the superior game imho for wrestling fans .
Old 28th October 2010, 05:26 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by vipco View Post
I get NFS every year mate from its first outing on 3DO. Besides I know how good it is as I got to try it out one day last month.
I like to Pre Order as much as I can with Games and DVDs/BD's as it makes sure you get a copy on day one , plus doubles your Reward points . Once I get a release date I pre order.
I got SVR11 (Fri), NFS (Nov) and GT5 (?) left on Pre Order .

Oh, the NFS Demo is now available to download .

I will be getting Battle Royale when it comes out, im in town tomorrow for SVR11 and a PS shop card plus i've a a few dvds I ordered ready to collect so i'll probably Pre Order it then.
I wasn't gonna get it at first but its turned out to be too good a package to turn down.

I'll pass on the Fulci set as I got them as individual Shameless releases , as well as an uncut dvd of NY Ripper, but it is a nice item .

Thanks for the advice on Fallout mate, much appreciated .
I wasn't going to bother with the new Battle Royal either, as I already bought the original Tartan special edition in the steel case years back. But it's one of the most impressive Arrow releases that I've seen so far, so I couldn't resist the pre-order of this. I'm very tempted by the Limited edition blue-ray box-set of Inception too, which comes in a sliver brief case. Very cool.

I only really pre-order a video game if I'm after the "Collectors" or "Limited" edition versions, such as the Halo Reach Legendary edition. Otherwise I would just assume that there would be a "Standard" edition for me at the shop when I eventually turn up to buy it. I love getting double points though.

What is going on with this release of GT5 then? It still hasn't been released yet?
By the way, what is 3DO again Vipco? you've mentioned this a few time now. Some sort of console? I will download the demo later for NFS. Where did you get to try the game out then?

I might pass on the Fulci set too, as the Shameless NYR is "Cut" isn't it?

I recommend the Guide books for Oblivion and Fallout 3 too, the wealth of information in them is exhaustive, as these are pretty epic games. If you get really stuck, you can look up the particular Mission or Quest to set you straight. But only read up on a mission if you are really stuck on it, as this will only spoil the experience for you otherwise...
Old 28th October 2010, 05:46 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Vipco, did you buy the PS3 version of Kinect in the end? Just thinking this now. It's £129.99 for the 360, a bit steep for such a small accessory. I'll wait and see what they release on it first.

Anyone playing DJ Hero 2 at the moment? I enjoyed the first one. There's a bunch of tracks to download for it on Xbox live. Not cheap though, over 600MS points for just three tracks. There's around twelve to download on the Live Marketplace. I like the look of the Eminem set list...
Old 29th October 2010, 09:56 AM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

The 3DO was /is a classic console that came out between the Snes and PS1.
Panasonic and Goldstar made the UK versions with Sanyo making a limited edition Japan only model.
The idea was that any company could make they're own model and compete against eachother in a single market.
It was the first disc operated 3D games machine and also played CD's, VCD's as well as many other multi media style functions and had no region lock .
A truly excellent machine but the high RRP (£400 +) and the game devs not really knowing what to dowith it in the early 90's 2D era killed it off. (EA got the idea and brought out the ultimate versions of NFS, Road Rash , Madden and FIFA on 3DO)
Very sought after today by Retro gamers.

We got PSMove Mahoney, with a Starter pack RRP of £49.99 and the navigator controller optional at RRP £24.99.(You can use standard PS Pad) Total RRP of 75 Quid with a 9 game Demo disc.
It looks good so I recon i'll buy in when a few more hardcore games use the tech.

Well mate, im of to get my films and SVR11 and lose myself in the world of the WWE storyline writer for a while.
Old 29th October 2010, 05:29 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Quote:
The 3DO was /is a classic console that came out between the Snes and PS1.
Panasonic and Goldstar made the UK versions with Sanyo making a limited edition Japan only model.
The idea was that any company could make they're own model and compete against eachother in a single market.
It was the first disc operated 3D games machine and also played CD's, VCD's as well as many other multi media style functions and had no region lock .
A truly excellent machine but the high RRP (£400 +) and the game devs not really knowing what to dowith it in the early 90's 2D era killed it off. (EA got the idea and brought out the ultimate versions of NFS, Road Rash , Madden and FIFA on 3DO)
Very sought after today by Retro gamers.

We got PSMove Mahoney, with a Starter pack RRP of £49.99 and the navigator controller optional at RRP £24.99.(You can use standard PS Pad) Total RRP of 75 Quid with a 9 game Demo disc.
It looks good so I recon i'll buy in when a few more hardcore games use the tech.

Well mate, im of to get my films and SVR11 and lose myself in the world of the WWE storyline writer for a while.
The 3DO totally passed me by, with the reason for this probably being the £400+ price tag. I was playing the SNES around this time I think. Remember the Neo Geo console too? This was from that same era as well. Another cool console that was a lot more obscure in the UK, than the other systems. It featured Streetfighter rivals Fatal Fury, and King of fighters etc.
I downloaded the Need for speed demo last night Vipco. I came across it by chance while I was browsing on Xbox Live. I've played it through twice so far, with the the two Police cars there was to choose from. First impressions of this are pretty good. It's seems like an extremely fun arcade game. I very nearly knocked out all four Criminal racers on my second go, but had to settle for three racers, as the fourth one managed to escape. The graphics on this are very attractive, and the demo race featured some dramatic movie style music, that really helps absorb you into the game. I might actually go for a copy of this one myself. I bet the multiplayer version of this will be awesome.
I think that I have pretty much completed Undead Nightmare now. Does anyone know how I get the end credits to roll? There must be something else to do in this game before hand maybe. I really enjoyed this game though, really good fun. The PS3 Move sounds like a better deal than the Xbox Kinect version.
Old 30th October 2010, 12:16 AM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

I remember the Neo Geo mate, now that was pricey. Nearly every game was an SNK Arcade game. Samurai Showdown was my fav.
The Atari Jag was great but the games were £69.99 each back when it was battling the SNES, 3DO etc.
Still both the 3DO & Jag represented my happiest days in gaming and were well worth the cost.
I recon this current crop of Consoles we have today haven't produced that many true classic games and will be looked at by future gamers as pretty average games ways.

Anyhow,

I started playing SVR11 and its quite good. I can see this eating up a big chunk of my free time over the next few months as theres so much you can do, wrestle, direct and create the TV shows and PPV's from hundreds of cut scenes in ring and out , storyline and script writing, CAWs , online to name a few . A real deep game if you love wrestling , and I do .
Old 30th October 2010, 08:00 AM
Active Cultist

Quote:
I started playing SVR11 and its quite good. I can see this eating up a big chunk of my free time over the next few months as theres so much you can do, wrestle, direct and create the TV shows and PPV's from hundreds of cut scenes in ring and out , storyline and script writing, CAWs , online to name a few . A real deep game if you love wrestling , and I do.
If they made something like this based on the old superstars similar to Legends of Wrestling (in terms of the roster size and the stars featured) then I would be interested. But I honestly have no interest in any of the wrestlers today, they are all bland and boring, exactly the same cookie cutter guys that can't cut promo's and the matches are usually crap aswell.
Old 30th October 2010, 03:58 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Quote:
I remember the Neo Geo mate, now that was pricey. Nearly every game was an SNK Arcade game. Samurai Showdown was my fav.
The Atari Jag was great but the games were £69.99 each back when it was battling the SNES, 3DO etc.
Still both the 3DO & Jag represented my happiest days in gaming and were well worth the cost.
I recon this current crop of Consoles we have today haven't produced that many true classic games and will be looked at by future gamers as pretty average games ways.

Anyhow,

I started playing SVR11 and its quite good. I can see this eating up a big chunk of my free time over the next few months as theres so much you can do, wrestle, direct and create the TV shows and PPV's from hundreds of cut scenes in ring and out , storyline and script writing, CAWs , online to name a few . A real deep game if you love wrestling , and I do .
Smackdown Vs Raw: It's good that there is a lot of other stuff to do in the game, other than just Wrestling Vipco. Do you get to do the "Ram Jam" in this too mate? lol
What did you think about that movie called The Wrestler? I'm sure you would have seen this by now, if you really like American wrestling Vipco.

SNK: Yeah, true. There's a bunch of SNK fighter's that pop up on the 360 Marketplace from time to time. Haven't downloaded any of them myself yet though. The graphics haven't held up in my opinion, going by the screenshots. 800-1000ms points to download.

Yes, I'm liking Hot Pursuit so far. Seems like great fun...

Last edited by Mahoney32; 30th October 2010 at 04:15 PM.

Like this? Share it using the links below!