Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Entertainment > Gaming

Like Tree1297Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 2nd December 2010, 02:59 AM
Seasoned Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inspector Tanzi View Post
Yep. HMV online is normally a couple of quid cheaper than instore, I went into town to get it thinking it would be £20 (what's an extra £2 to get it there and then right?) but everywhere had it for £25 so I left it and got it online, It arrived yesterday. Worth waiting a couple of days to save £7 I reckon.

I have seen it in Morrisons for £20 though if there is one near you.
You made the right choice by the sound of it. It's a good idea to scope out as many prices for a product as you can, before buying that item from a particular retailer. I would normally do this myself too. No, I already downloaded Undead Nightmare for the xbox360, a month ago, from the xbox live marketplace.

DLC means "Down Load Content". Basically they are game add-ons that are available for your games on Xbox Live, or the Playstation 3 equivalent. you need to buy online points to buy the downloads first though. These are available from your local game shops or online too.

The Undead Nightmare DLC cost 800 points, which I think works out at around £6 or so, in actual money, but I could be wrong...
Old 2nd December 2010, 03:10 AM
Seasoned Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahoney32 View Post
You made the right choice by the sound of it. It's a good idea to scope out as many prices for a product as you can, before buying that item from a particular retailer. I would normally do this myself too. No, I already downloaded Undead Nightmare for the xbox360, a month ago, from the xbox live marketplace.

DLC means "Down Load Content". Basically they are game add-ons that are available for your games on Xbox Live, or the Playstation 3 equivalent. you need to buy online points to buy the downloads first though. These are available from your local game shops or online too.

The Undead Nightmare DLC cost 800 points, which I think works out at around £6 or so, in actual money, but I could be wrong...
Rather than Undead Nightmare, I was really hoping for some new Jack Marston missions and story, for download instead. Hopefully that is in the works at Rockstar, for later on.

I'm hoping that there is going to be an "Episodes from Liberty City" type thing for Red Dead Redemption. Now that would be cool...
Old 2nd December 2010, 03:15 AM
Seasoned Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by vipco View Post
Most games are so short these days its good to see your getting a good run with REACH Mahoney.
Im getting a good turn outta SVR11 but the difficulty is still to easy on Legend for vets of the series so im staying clear of the RTW stories and playing Universe mode were i've used the Attribute Adjuster to set my wrestlers Strike attacks to lower than what they should be for that paticular wrestler and lowered his Durability as well so I need all my skill to win. So far its working well and im getting 12 to 15 min matches were I feel under pressure and dont always win.
That sounds like good advice for anyone that owns a copy of SVR11, to be honest. Maybe you should have wrote the guide book, instead of that other dude. Whoever that was. lol
Old 2nd December 2010, 03:14 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

My advice to THQ / Yukes would be simple, " use a new game engine for Smackdown v Raw 12 as the current engine was built for PS2 and is nowhere near capable of giving us a game thats using the power of PS3 / 360 " .

They're still one of the few companies supporting PS2 and use the same engine for all platforms. I've nothing against PS2, it's a great machine, but I do object to paying £39.99 for a £29.99 PS2 game with an Online mode and HD graphics. My PSP SVR11 is even the exact same as my PS3 game.
Support PS2 by all means THQ as its still a lucrative market, but please build a seperate game engine , or even use your UFC game engine, for future PS3 / 360 versions of SVR .
This years game showed signs of what could have been if you weren't tied by the limitations of a 10 year old engine .
Old 2nd December 2010, 03:27 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

I received a PS3 console on tuesday and haven't played it yet and i have a choice of 13 games to play, so for the rest of the week i may be absent.
Old 3rd December 2010, 06:44 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Cool.
Hope you enjoy it.
Old 6th December 2010, 06:22 AM
Seasoned Cultist

Will be taking a break from Halo: Reach shortly, as I really need to start playing something new, or something else now. Before the game helps to induce a frigging breakdown in me. lol

The Noble Map Pack is fun. anyone enjoying that at the moment?

It's becoming painfully slow again now, when it comes to building up through the ranks of the UNSC. I've been trying to fill the Colonel grade 3 meter for, I don't know how long now. Really should put this down for a bit, before my eyes start to bleed.

I'm only really waiting to play two games now, which are Gears of War 3, and Mass Effect 3, and there's month's to go yet, before they are due for release. Although a lot sooner for Gears 3, which is due in April 2011. We should get to meet Marcus Fenix's father in this one. And hopefully, we will finally get to kill the Locust Queen too. A quality set of games, that I really enjoyed playing.

Best DLC of the year for me, would be "Lair of the Shadow Broker" for Mass Effect 2. That was special. This will be bundled with the PS3 edition of the game, along with a bunch of other cool stuff too...
Old 6th December 2010, 07:05 AM
Seasoned Cultist

My favourite American's were playing Poker in Red Dead Redemption again last night.

"Get outta here man!" "Get outta here!" "Get outta here man!" "you got no money man!" "Get outta here!"
Old 6th December 2010, 07:08 AM
Seasoned Cultist

"You still here?" "Get outta here!"
Old 7th December 2010, 04:14 AM
Seasoned Cultist

Halo: Reach.

Some online Reach players seem to think, that killing civilians and UNSC troops in front of me, is impressive.

Well, it's not. It never has been either. It just makes me want to quit the game, and leave you assholes to it.

Some of these types of players, are probably the kind of people that enjoy harming small animals and shit too.

This game drives me completely crackers at times.

Like this? Share it using the links below!