Like Tree1297Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 26th May 2012, 11:48 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by nordicdusk View Post
Max Payne 3

Rockstar has done it once again an amazing game everything they touch turns to gold GOLD I TELLS YA. The story is fantastic great gameplay voice acting is spot on and the multiplayer is great.
I completed the first two last month.

How does pt 3 compare to them?

Letterboxd | Youtube | Twitter
Old 26th May 2012, 11:50 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

In addition to MAX PAYNE 1 & 2 I've also recently completed:

HALF LIFE 2 (XBOX) - MUCH better than the first one with better, more interesting levels & graphics. The final levels in the Skyscraper were superb. The gravity gun (or whatever it's called) is awesome.

DOOM 3 (XBOX) - Incredible graphics (for the time) and some genuinely scary moments but a bit boring in places. The levels set in Hell are the highlight.
Baseball Fury and Nordicdusk like this.

Old 27th May 2012, 12:02 AM
Cult Master
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete View Post
I completed the first two last month.

How does pt 3 compare to them?
It feels like a Max Payne game right from the start. The voice actor doing Max Paynes voice is the same guy from the original games so thats a plus right there. Its set in Brazil but there are flash back levels where you play as Max before he left New York so again an other touch that keeps the feel of Max Payne. Also when you are playing through missions Max still talks to himself like the other games with the same over the top drama. The cut scenes in Max Payne 3 are not like the other two games where in those they had the graphic novel look all the cut scenes here are using the in game engine . I was a little worried at first when i heard about it coming out a few years back when i saw the look of the game but it works so well and its just a natural progression for the series while it stays true to the source material and world created by the first two games.
Pete likes this.
Old 27th May 2012, 12:05 AM
Cult Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete View Post
In addition to MAX PAYNE 1 & 2 I've also recently completed:

HALF LIFE 2 (XBOX) - MUCH better than the first one with better, more interesting levels & graphics. The final levels in the Skyscraper were superb. The gravity gun (or whatever it's called) is awesome.

DOOM 3 (XBOX) - Incredible graphics (for the time) and some genuinely scary moments but a bit boring in places. The levels set in Hell are the highlight.
Half Life 2 is an amazing game episodes 1 and 2 are amazing also i wish valve would pull their finger out and bring out episode 3 or better again Half Life 3. Episode 2 ended on such a cliffhanger.

I also agree with Doom 3 looks fantastic but i think looks took center stage for id with this one because it can get very boring at times.
Old 27th May 2012, 12:12 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
It feels like a Max Payne game right from the start. The voice actor doing Max Paynes voice is the same guy from the original games so thats a plus right there. Its set in Brazil but there are flash back levels where you play as Max before he left New York so again an other touch that keeps the feel of Max Payne. Also when you are playing through missions Max still talks to himself like the other games with the same over the top drama. The cut scenes in Max Payne 3 are not like the other two games where in those they had the graphic novel look all the cut scenes here are using the in game engine . I was a little worried at first when i heard about it coming out a few years back when i saw the look of the game but it works so well and its just a natural progression for the series while it stays true to the source material and world created by the first two games.
That's good to know. I was also a bit worried that it would be too different as I love the atmosphere of the first 2 (especially the snowbound chapter 1 of the original).

Old 27th May 2012, 12:16 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Half Life 2 is an amazing game episodes 1 and 2 are amazing also i wish valve would pull their finger out and bring out episode 3 or better again Half Life 3. Episode 2 ended on such a cliffhanger.

I also agree with Doom 3 looks fantastic but i think looks took center stage for id with this one because it can get very boring at times.
I haven't played Chapters 1 and 2. Are they available for the X-Box 360 and/or PS2? I wan't to know what happens to Alyx.

Yeah, it does seem like they went for style over content. It's not a bad game but it becomes a bit repetitive after a while and some of the enemies are really irritating (those spiders!). Anther annoying thing is that you can't hold a gun and the torch at the same time.

The original games are a lot more fun.

Old 27th May 2012, 12:21 AM
Cult Master

You can get episodes 1 and 2 as part of the Orange Box for Xbox 360. You could pick it up real cheap now it has Half Life 2 + both episodes + Portal and Team Fortress so 5 great games for maybe no more than a tenner at this point. Without doubt one of the best deals in gaming i paid 60 for it the day it came out and it was worth every cent.
Pete likes this.
Old 27th May 2012, 12:30 AM
Cultist

I am currently engaged by an iPad game called Call of Cthulhu: Wasted Land. It's a turn based strategy affair that I am loving.
Old 27th May 2012, 12:37 AM
Cult Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.R. View Post
I am currently engaged by an iPad game called Call of Cthulhu: Wasted Land. It's a turn based strategy affair that I am loving.
Ipad seems to have some cool games.
Old 27th May 2012, 01:05 AM
Cultist

In general, yeah... but AVOID the Army of Darkness one: its SHIT!

Like this? Share it using the links below!