Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Entertainment > Gaming
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree1298Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 5th August 2013, 10:57 AM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Finished Hotline Miami the other night, an arcade game on PS3. Terrific it is; the great reviews are justified, and anyone with a love of retro top down shooters with a modern, ultra-violence twist and 80's soundtrack/styling will love it.

Also finished Bioshock: Infinite which was superb and faithful to the Bioshock universe without being too samey.

Currently playing Uncharted 2 which is great fun.
Nordicdusk and SCM like this.
Old 6th August 2013, 11:03 PM
Cult Master
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delirium View Post
Finished Hotline Miami the other night, an arcade game on PS3. Terrific it is; the great reviews are justified, and anyone with a love of retro top down shooters with a modern, ultra-violence twist and 80's soundtrack/styling will love it.

Also finished Bioshock: Infinite which was superb and faithful to the Bioshock universe without being too samey.

Currently playing Uncharted 2 which is great fun.
A great list of games there and your right about Hotline Miami its just brilliant everyone needs to play it.
Old 7th August 2013, 09:05 AM
Ex-Member

Now that Lovefilm game rentals is ending I have had to buy games again. As I can't afford this it's usually one game every 3 months, so I best pick good ones. Sometimes I find cheaper titles in Sainsburys but the games I never tire of playing that I won't trade in are

Skyrim
Just Cause 2
No More Heroes 2

No More Heroes 2 on wii is an amazing game. Wipes the floor with the first one and I never thought taking away the free roam element of the first would make the game better but it really does. Blood, swearing and laser swords. What more could you ask for.
Nordicdusk and SCM like this.
Old 7th August 2013, 09:18 AM
Seasoned Cultist

About to start Lord of the Rings: War in the North
Old 7th August 2013, 09:23 AM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Been playing Rage recently, after picking it up for cheap. Not a bad game but I can see why it didn't take off as well as the developers had hoped.
SCM likes this.
Old 7th August 2013, 09:38 AM
Seasoned Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Refused View Post
Been playing Rage recently, after picking it up for cheap. Not a bad game but I can see why it didn't take off as well as the developers had hoped.
Rage is an under appreciated masterpiece of fps, although it's something you could probably play only once
Nordicdusk likes this.
Old 7th August 2013, 03:18 PM
Cult Master
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

Playing the last of us. Wow this is one hell of a game. Characters story telling combat voice acting atmosphere all top top notch i just dont want it to end.
trebor8273 and SCM like this.
Old 9th August 2013, 11:30 AM
Ex-Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Refused View Post
Rage is a fantastic game. Never got the attention it deserved. Although the final level was a WTF moment. Like that's it?

Lord of the Rings War of the North was a major let down for me. They have done something so much better. LOTR should be open world, not bound into areas you can't leave and have to hack and slash. For what its worth Aargons Quest was okay on wii. Not as dark as WITN but a fun game with some open world to it. It was converted directly from wii for ps3 to help shift prs3 motion (wii type thing can't remember the name of), but it was awful with poor frame rate issues and lags.
Old 10th August 2013, 07:53 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

I'm playing The Godfather II.
Old 10th August 2013, 09:24 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

Had to set up my old Xbox because I'm playing Stranger's Wrath. One of the best games I own and it's not compatible with my 360

Like this? Share it using the links below!