Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Entertainment > Gaming

Like Tree1297Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 18th August 2009, 12:08 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Im a senior Member at CodeMasters game site , so before here CM forum's was my 'home'.
I remember a mate from there was stuck at the start of JERICHO . It tells you to fire primary and secondary weapons then a cut scene plays, but it dosent tell you that your primary weapon had to be in 'full auto' and this guy spent hours of solid frustration till he looked at the site and seen the problem was widespread.
It was by chance that someone retraced their steps and posted the auto gun setting, as you've Single, 3 round burst and full auto.
The Codies forums are great for help as each game has its own forum and people are glad to help out.

If you approach JERICHO as a standard FPS it can be frustrating, but if you remember that each member has an archane abbilty, like pocession, blood ward etc, then the puzzles become quite logical, and the games QTE's are clearly marked and become easy with practice, but the auto shot thing was just needlessly frustrating and totally lacking logic.

Hope you enjoy JERICHO , its totally on rails, but it is great fun .
Old 18th August 2009, 03:04 PM
Ex-member

real time events ruined Jericho 4 me
Old 18th August 2009, 07:17 PM
Ex-member

Quote:
Originally Posted by vipco View Post
Im a senior Member at CodeMasters game site , so before here CM forum's was my 'home'.
I remember a mate from there was stuck at the start of JERICHO . It tells you to fire primary and secondary weapons then a cut scene plays, but it dosent tell you that your primary weapon had to be in 'full auto' and this guy spent hours of solid frustration till he looked at the site and seen the problem was widespread.
It was by chance that someone retraced their steps and posted the auto gun setting, as you've Single, 3 round burst and full auto.
The Codies forums are great for help as each game has its own forum and people are glad to help out.

If you approach JERICHO as a standard FPS it can be frustrating, but if you remember that each member has an archane abbilty, like pocession, blood ward etc, then the puzzles become quite logical, and the games QTE's are clearly marked and become easy with practice, but the auto shot thing was just needlessly frustrating and totally lacking logic.

Hope you enjoy JERICHO , its totally on rails, but it is great fun .

How much are Codemasters paying you to flog that dead horse?
Old 18th August 2009, 07:29 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

There's a code to turn them off.
What system did you play it on Gax. .? PC players found the QTE's to be the most frustrating.

I'ved played the PS3 version till the end , but recently picked up a new X 360 copy for 7 quid and found the QTE's to be a bit more akward than the PS3 game , but I put it down to my unfamiliarity with the 360's button layout , as I favour my PS3 .

They can be a bloody nuisance though , and in some cases slow down the temo of the game, but imho never do they ruin the game itself.

I wouldn't expect to see anymore QTE's in the unlikelyhood that CM decide to complete the JERICHO trilology .
Old 18th August 2009, 08:47 PM
Ex-member

im a pc gamer m8,thats what makes them so hard the QTE in Resi 4 suck on the pc also
Old 19th August 2009, 10:12 AM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

QTE's using a console Joypad aren't to bad. The ones in Legends of Wrestlemania worked quite well , though im sure using a PC set up would be very akward and frustrating.
Have you ever thought about using a Joy Pad for the console games . ? My mate plays using a pad really similar to the X 360 pad. when he's playing the console games on his PC., say's it workes a treat.

There was a code to turn them off in JERICHO , but CodeMasters always release they're games in several different batches, each with an individual batch number that only a code unique to your game's batch will work on your game .
It's to prevent mags and websites publishing them free , as CM would prefer you either buy them from their site or use their £1 a minute Code Line.

Last edited by vipco; 19th August 2009 at 10:35 AM.
Old 21st August 2009, 03:10 AM
Cult Rookie

Super Happy Black

BLACK is my favourite game so far!!
It's a nice shooter and the FX are SO great!!!
The guns and levels are incridible.
One thing; way too short game!
Norman Bates: Mother, she's just a stranger. She's hungry, and it's raining out!

Norman Bates: Shut up! Shut up!
http://www.legendsofhorror.org/images/bates/ppic6.jpg
Old 21st August 2009, 12:23 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

I'm currently playing The Warriors on the PS2. I haven't made the upgrade to PS3 yet.
Old 22nd August 2009, 11:52 AM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Its worth it D, as your PS2 games library ,will be in most cases , compatible with the PS3, esp the 60GB Model.

New , they've dropped to 249 quid but you also get a BluRay player, SDVD Upscaler, an full Internet Web Browser, music 'thingy's' (hi tech jargon there, lol) as well as a Hi Def games machine, so £249 new is reasonable for everything that your buying into , plus you could also trade in PS2 and games and knock the price down further.
Another option is 'Pre Owned' for about £200 with warranty, again you could trade your PS2.

Not cheap I know, but the games are going for 2 x 30 quid, BluRay's are more established and industry supported, and with various offers on in 'Bundle form' , its a good time to get into a BluRay supported Hi Def format, or at least thinking about it , especially if you have a TV that is HD Ready.

The 360's another way to go that'll give yoy HD gaming and SDVD Upscaling, but no BluRay option, for £99 pre 'Owned' (GAME) though there are rumours that MS want to release a BluRay Disc Player ad on, but there's nothing solid.
Again, if its purley gaming , then the 360's a good enough option.

If its strictly games only though, you can buy an HD Converter for PS2 , from ARGOS, GAME, and most other game stores, its made by Datel i think.
The PS2 is a good machine that is still industry supported to an extent and well worth sticking to if your still having fun on it , cos at the end of the day its not BlueRay , Hi Def, or Web Browsers that we look for from our consoles, its fun games , and with the games library that the PS2 has , then theres plenty of fun to be got from the PS2 console yet.

I liked the warriors game, some great gangs featured in it.
Old 22nd August 2009, 01:42 PM
Ex-member

Quote:
Originally Posted by vipco View Post
Its worth it D, as your PS2 games library ,will be in most cases , compatible with the PS3, esp the 60GB Model.
Every model released after October 2007 (CECHGxx, CECHHxx, CECHJxx , CECHKxx, CECHLxx, CECHPxx) have no PS2 compatibility. This includes the slim version (CECH-20xxA). Sony removed the ability to play PS2 games on the PS3, no update now or in the future will change this.

The CECHCxx 60GB is compatible, but you're likely to see a new one of these rested on top of a pile of rocking horse shit. Second hand ones are easier to come by.

Like this? Share it using the links below!