Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Entertainment > Gaming

Like Tree1297Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 18th March 2010, 12:18 PM
Cultist

Ha, I've never heard of Flatout but it sounds like a pretty good game. What platform is it on?

Have you ever played any of the Need for Speed series? Need for Speed 3: Hot Pursuit on the PC is one of my all time favourite racing type game mainly due the sheer amount of custom cars/vehicles you could download - any vehicle you can think of would have been available: snow plow, mario kart, dune buggy, rocket car (it went 300mph in about a second so you'd constantly crash straight into a barrier), fifth element taxi etc. Playing the hot pursuit mode with a friend with both of you as snow plows was great. The police cars would try to stop you by ramming you but obviously you just rammed them back and they'd go flying. Doing a jump in a snow plow is pretty special too.
Old 18th March 2010, 12:26 PM
Competitions Moderator
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Well I've got it on the Xbox 360, Phats. I'm not sure if it's on any off the others.

Ah, I luv Need For Speed! They're brilliant! The one with the police cars is obviously the best of the series, especially when you have a whole army of them on your tail, a helicopter above you, and a bunch driving straight at you. I've only played them on the PS2 though. But the PC version sounds great - I'll have to get that!

I don't really play games on the PC but I really should. The idea of downloading extra things is a lot of fun. I know that Left 4 Dead has a custom mod where instead of zombies running at you, it's...teletubbies!!!!!! The video's on youtube - it's really funny. Check it out if you can.
Old 18th March 2010, 12:35 PM
Cult Rookie

Default Re: What are you playing?

Final Fantasy XIII it's consuming my life! I normally hold off buying gnaws until they are cheaper/unfashionable buy I am a total JRPG and Squaresoft maniac. Love the FF series but it really swallows you whole. I've even started dreaming about it!
Old 18th March 2010, 12:35 PM
Cultist

Teletubbies in Left 4 Dead? Youtube is blocked here at work so I'll have a look later. The PC really is terrific for mods and such but like you I too have neglected it when it comes to gaming. I have Left 4 Dead on 360 and tend to only buy games for the PS3 or 360 although I did get Bully (dreadful game ) on the PC for £3 and another game that I've yet to play called S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Call of Pripyat but they are probably the only games I've bought on the PC in the last year.

Counter Strike: Source is amazing when it comes to modded levels and there's even a mod called Goldeneye: Source where you can play the old levels from Goldeneye on the N64, on the PC, online. The funniest has to be the "Honey, I shrunk the kids" type levels where you are in a room in a house and everything is giant. Sniping your mate who is on top of a fridge, jumping into a sink whilst hiding on a bookshelf between books is a great experience.
Old 18th March 2010, 12:43 PM
Competitions Moderator
Good Trader

You're probably going to hate me Dave but I have never actually played a Final Fantasy game! Shame on me, eh! Now it's too late to jump on board!

Ah right! Well, when you get home have a look see - it's great - and still remains gory!

I luv that Honey I Shrunk The Kids mod! I may have to buy that game just for that! As for Bully, I've never played it, but I rememeber everyone was going crazy about it when it came out saying how good it was (on the PS2). I wasn't convinced. Never played it.
Old 18th March 2010, 12:56 PM
Cultist

I've never played a Final Fantasy game either. I've never even watched someone else playing a Final Fantasy game before.
Old 18th March 2010, 01:30 PM
Cult Rookie

Default Re: What are you playing?

It's never too late for anyone.

They don't follow on their all individual stories and break you in gently with continous tutorials. You get 50-60 hours gameplay out of it too!
Old 18th March 2010, 01:45 PM
Cult Addict
Senior Moderator Alumni

Currently revisiting Tomb Raider III - and even today the PC controls are so incredibly annoying that my hands end up splayed like inebriated pretzels across the keyboard.
Old 18th March 2010, 01:51 PM
Competitions Moderator
Good Trader

50-60 hours of gameplay! NOW THAT'S GOOD! Most new games seem to be finished in a few hours unless you have an internet connection - which sucks!

Ahh, a bit of Croft eh, Vince? I haven't played that one but I remember the first one of the PS1 - I was rubbish at it and ended up cheating my way through the levels.
Old 18th March 2010, 01:53 PM
Cult Addict
Senior Moderator Alumni

Quote:
Originally Posted by iluvdvds View Post
Ahh, a bit of Croft eh, Vince? I haven't played that one but I remember the first one of the PS1 - I was rubbish at it and ended up cheating my way through the levels.
I have 2, 3 & 4 (the later ones were too buggy). Still great fun games despite ending up looking like I'm playing Twister on the keyboard. I've lost count of the amount of times the fair, long-legged Lara has been flung to a painful death.

TR2 is the best in my opinion.

Like this? Share it using the links below!