All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree13Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 23rd October 2010, 06:12 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by BioZombie View Post
Is the 360 not bacwards compatible then?
it is but the 360 is my brother's so i thought for 7.99 i'll have one, ive just ordered Brothers in arms: road to Hill 30 + Earned in blood and Call of Duty: Finest hour, the most expensive was 99p..
Old 24th October 2010, 12:12 PM
The Big Cheese
Good Trader

I keep meaning to dig out my Dreamcast from the attic - I loved that console - I always have a soft spot for console underdogs!
platostotal likes this.
Old 24th October 2010, 01:21 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by BioZombie View Post
Is the 360 not bacwards compatible then?
The original 360 is backwards compatible only when its internet conected. You need to download a patch for the original XBox game or something and this is done automatically when your consoles internet conected .
Just the basic connection is needed (Silver) you dont need to take out a Gold subscription .
I played many an original XBox title on any 360 I owned. Its the only way I could play the excellent SSX Tricky & Rallisport 2.
Oh, and it also Upscales them to 1080P.

Last edited by vipco; 24th October 2010 at 02:32 PM.
Old 24th October 2010, 01:44 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Almar@Cult Labs View Post
I keep meaning to dig out my Dreamcast from the attic - I loved that console - I always have a soft spot for console underdogs!
The SEGA DC was the last truly great console imho. I loved mine .
It was like having an Arcade in your home with some of the greatest arcade game ports ever on any console.
The PS2 just couldn't run 2D games like StreetFighter, Mortal Kombat etc like the DC could as it could run 2D games with multiple depth layers, something the PS2's Emotion chipset just couldn't do .

You got a cracking console there Almar that has some of the greatest games ever made games included in its back catalogue Almar, that still look gorgeous by todays standards, its a sin to keep it in the loft, get it man out and start playing !
platostotal likes this.
Old 24th October 2010, 02:29 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

If EA would have supported the DC and released Madden, FIFA etc then the PS2 / DC war would have went on a hell of alot longer, and been a lot closer , though EA's lack of support did push the then fledgling SEGA Sports into what we now know as 2K Sports, EA Sports biggest rival and makers of what many would regard as the best NBA, US Football and NHL games available today .

You can buy a 'Boot' disc Almar for the DC from most Import and Retro games stores that enables the DC to play games from all Regions, including the US and Japan.
Worth getting as some great DC titles did'nt make it to the UK / Europe.
Old 2nd July 2011, 05:52 PM
Cult Acolyte

Cool

[QUOTE=vipco;109658]If EA would have supported the DC and released Madden, FIFA etc then the PS2 / DC war would have went on a hell of alot longer, and been a lot closer , though EA's lack of support did push the then fledgling SEGA Sports into what we now know as 2K Sports, EA Sports biggest rival and makers of what many would regard as the best NBA, US Football and NHL games available today .

Indeed, but Sega let EA spend millions on dev kits and game development only to announce that the DC would use a different system, nothing like telling companies in effect to f**k off just before you launch a major console. SFIII on the DC is genius my DC's still going strong, unlike those VMU things, tho it does run hot these days
Old 2nd July 2011, 06:05 PM
Cult Acolyte

Cool

The best is... that's a tough one, but if I total up hours it would be either ps1 or snes. So I would give it to the snes, the first proper next-gen console to compete with computers(and win). Using it after the Amiga or ST made me see the light, got thru 3, stepped on the first, 2nd one melted(true, I left it on when I yanked a cartridge out and an hour later I came back and found a Dali impression) 3rd still good as gold getting on for 20 years old.
Old 26th November 2013, 09:43 PM
Competitions Moderator
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Now that we're in the 'new generation' of gaming, it's time to bump this thread...

*bump*

With the Xbox One & PS4 hitting shelves how do you think they compare to other consoles? Are these really the best?

I still vote for the almighty PS2 - the single greatest games console of them all in my mind! So many fantastic games, great graphics, backwards compatibility and a huge step forward from the Playstation.

What do you guys think? What's the greatest console of all time?
Old 26th November 2013, 09:54 PM
Cult Master
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by iluvdvds@Cult Labs View Post
Now that we're in the 'new generation' of gaming, it's time to bump this thread...

*bump*

With the Xbox One & PS4 hitting shelves how do you think they compare to other consoles? Are these really the best?

I still vote for the almighty PS2 - the single greatest games console of them all in my mind! So many fantastic games, great graphics, backwards compatibility and a huge step forward from the Playstation.

What do you guys think? What's the greatest console of all time?
PS2 hands down. Im not sure it will ever be beaten. I started collecting for it again over a year ago and its taking me ages to get all the games i want because there are so many fantastic games for that console. I added two more to the collectiontoday Red Dead Revolver and Syphon Filter The Omega Strain.
Old 26th November 2013, 10:20 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

I just find the console market the same as the phone market just all legalised cash machine to make money, you get a new phone and 2 wk it's out dated and being bombarded with loads of other phones, same with consoles and hand held they release a hand held console few week later ltd edition them a wider screen then 3d you can keep up with them, and each time a next gen console gets released its cost a fortune to buy.

Sorry rant over ,

i prefer ps2 like others so many great games silent hills, thought clock tower 3 was equally as good
Ico and shadow of the colossus where very basic simple and praticaly nothing to them but at same time excellent game play and addictive ,
A lot of games on ps 3 are just sequels or soup up better versions of games from ps2
I bought loads of games on ps 2 but haven't bothered that much about ps3
Xbox have never at any point interested me .
But I kinda like Nintendo for the mario and Zelda games .

I like playing games but not a addict or gamer more because their is some games out there and a good time filler playing them, I tend to wait a year after they are out by then there a selection of games and they are probably half price by next Xmas .

Like this? Share it using the links below!