Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Entertainment > Gaming
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree13Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 1st September 2009, 08:20 AM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

I'd agree with you B.E. though personally I really like the 360 pad., suits my sasuage like fingers.

Half the estate I live in has drunken Wii parties, even the gangsters. lol , though the PS3 and 360 are getting popular with guys in 30's / 40's. who have no gaming history.
Old 1st September 2009, 09:52 AM
Ex-member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbv View Post
I'm picking mine up tomorrow or wednesday hopefully.

I already have a ps3 but was going to get a blu ray player for the bedroom and thought an extra cheaper ps3 was a better idea.
With 6 kids in the house my gaming time is very limited...........UNTIL NOW
I'd buy the older 80gig version (most retailers are selling these off for £200) along with a 320gig hard drive and a 2.5inch SATA II HDD case for the same price as the slim PS3.

Then replace the 80gig HDD in the PS3 with the 320gig. Use the 80gig as an external.

Old 1st September 2009, 02:15 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Great Post Noss.

Did you get v3.00 update today.?
It seems to add BBCi player and a fancy searching circle, replacing the invisible swirley thing. (very high tec lingo there lol)
Old 1st September 2009, 02:33 PM
Ex-member

Quote:
Originally Posted by vipco View Post
Great Post Noss.

Did you get v3.00 update today.?
It seems to add BBCi player and a fancy searching circle, replacing the invisible swirley thing. (very high tec lingo there lol)

Not as yet, I may give it a few days as Sony's servers tend to be overloaded around the time the make a new update live.
Old 4th September 2009, 11:39 AM
Seasoned Cultist
Good Trader

Best console hands down is the original Playstation, closely followed by the Dreamcast.

The Playstation changed how video gaming was perceived. Gaming wasn't just for the kids anymore. The Playstation also introduced some great game mechanics that are still used today. Then the Dreamcast came along and saw Sega bring the arcade into our home almost flawlessly. Games like Soul Calibur and House of the Dead 2 still play better on the Dreamcast than they did at the arcade or on their latest console ports.

I remember seeing Oddworld for the first time on Playstation and just thinking to myself... WOW!
Old 5th September 2009, 02:08 PM
Ex-member

Oddworld: Abe's Oddysee was a great game.
Old 5th September 2009, 05:15 PM
Ex-member

dreamcast best ever,out of this gen i would say PS3,last week i was house sitting for a nephew (i have 20+ nephews big familys ftw)hes got a PS3,playing Klilzone 2 on a 46" telly in HD is the nuts,360s are good but mine broke just after warranty run out so im never gonna get another 1
Old 5th September 2009, 07:58 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by KPWNINJA View Post
Best console hands down is the original Playstation, closely followed by the Dreamcast.

The Playstation changed how video gaming was perceived. Gaming wasn't just for the kids anymore. The Playstation also introduced some great game mechanics that are still used today. Then the Dreamcast came along and saw Sega bring the arcade into our home almost flawlessly. Games like Soul Calibur and House of the Dead 2 still play better on the Dreamcast than they did at the arcade or on their latest console ports.

I remember seeing Oddworld for the first time on Playstation and just thinking to myself... WOW!
Sorry mate but I cant agree with you here.

Now this is purely a personal preference thing, but for me The 3DO and Ataris Jaguar have to be the best consoles EVER.!

I did like the DC though.
Old 6th September 2009, 05:22 PM
Ex-member

The console that nearly killed Atari and the console that made sure that Panasonic would never enter the market again. I guess someone has to like them.
Old 6th September 2009, 11:46 PM
Ex-member

i rlly wanted a jaguar when they came out but no where sold them in southend

Like this? Share it using the links below!