Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Entertainment > Gaming

Like Tree13Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 20th May 2015, 02:24 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Out of this generation i'd call it a draw .
I got my PS4 on day one and my Xbox One about 8 months later due to lack of first party and decent 3rd party exclusivse's on PS4.
I would say they're honestly both asgood as eachother in they're own way. It really is down to the games this time with PS4 and X-one. I will say this though, gaming hasn't been as exciting as it is now since the DreamCast / PS2 days

I did'nt buy into Nintendo Wii U as I never use my Wii much .Nintendo Wii U hasn't sold well but has some great exclusive games , though with Nintendo 'NX' due out next year it might be best to wait for a Wii U pricedrop before investing , even though Nintendo say 'NX' will not be a replacement for the Wii U.

Definitely a great time to be a gamer as next year also see's Sony and MS release VR headsets.
Nordicdusk likes this.

Last edited by vipco; 20th May 2015 at 02:46 PM.
Old 20th May 2015, 02:26 PM
Cult Acolyte

PS1 for me, it had the better games
trebor8273 likes this.
Old 20th May 2015, 02:45 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

PS1 was a benchmark in gaming along with 3DO but the leap between PS1 to PS2 / DC was highly noticeable and exciting one were as the move from PS2 / XB to PS3 / 360 seemed more of a natural continuation of things than a jump. What I ment was the gap between PS3 / 360 to PS4 / X-One is a big leap and gives dev's alot more tech to play about with, which will be good for whichever console people own , so theres no real 'best' console this gen, more personal choice as both are great in they're own ways.

My all time 'best' console is a tie , 3DO / Atari Jag.
Old 20th May 2015, 04:37 PM
Cult Master
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by vipco View Post
Out of this generation i'd call it a draw .
I got my PS4 on day one and my Xbox One about 8 months later due to lack of first party and decent 3rd party exclusivse's on PS4.
I would say they're honestly both asgood as eachother in they're own way. It really is down to the games this time with PS4 and X-one. I will say this though, gaming hasn't been as exciting as it is now since the DreamCast / PS2 days

I did'nt buy into Nintendo Wii U as I never use my Wii much .Nintendo Wii U hasn't sold well but has some great exclusive games , though with Nintendo 'NX' due out next year it might be best to wait for a Wii U pricedrop before investing , even though Nintendo say 'NX' will not be a replacement for the Wii U.

Definitely a great time to be a gamer as next year also see's Sony and MS release VR headsets.
Hopefully this will be the best E3 for many years with the new generation really kicking off with some great announcement. Hopefully anyway.
vipco and Bringer Of Funerals like this.
Old 20th May 2015, 06:31 PM
Cult Acolyte

I had loads of RPG'S for PS1

Final Fantasy 1-10
Breath Of Fire 3
Blood Omen - Legacy Of Kain
Alundra
Alundra 2
Vandal Hearts

Never got to play Suikoden
trebor8273 likes this.
Old 20th May 2015, 06:43 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

The snes is the greatest console of all time followed by the ps1 if it weren't for the ps1 I suspect gaming wouldn't be what it is today, they would definitely be no Xbox and that's one thing Xbox fan boys need to remember if not for the ps1 and 2 Microsoft would of never gotten into the console market
vipco and platostotal like this.

Last edited by trebor8273; 21st May 2015 at 12:20 PM.
Old 21st May 2015, 05:56 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bringer Of Funerals View Post
I had loads of RPG'S for PS1

Final Fantasy 1-10
Breath Of Fire 3
Blood Omen - Legacy Of Kain
Alundra
Alundra 2
Vandal Hearts

Never got to play Suikoden
First two are on the psn store. Classics and the second for me is on of the greatest RPGs of that era and all time
Old 30th June 2015, 02:49 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

The PS4 and Xbox One might be a draw in my eyes but the PS4 loses big time when it comes to the quality of the controller.
Four DS4 pads i've went through since release. Two black , (the original one plus replacement ), a white one and its replacement red DS4 .
My black replacement DS4's R2 trigger stuck last night mid game. I got it working again with a dry clean using a can of air and a static cloth but its still not as springy as the L2 trigger, but playable for now.
Outta caution I picked up a blue one today at GAME as apparently the replacement pads are only covered with the reciet of the original and that was outta warranty ,so I hope it lasts abit longer than the others.
Pretty disappointed with the DS4. A great design but terrible build quality .
Old 30th June 2015, 06:39 PM
Cult Master
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by vipco View Post
The PS4 and Xbox One might be a draw in my eyes but the PS4 loses big time when it comes to the quality of the controller.
Four DS4 pads i've went through since release. Two black , (the original one plus replacement ), a white one and its replacement red DS4 .
My black replacement DS4's R2 trigger stuck last night mid game. I got it working again with a dry clean using a can of air and a static cloth but its still not as springy as the L2 trigger, but playable for now.
Outta caution I picked up a blue one today at GAME as apparently the replacement pads are only covered with the reciet of the original and that was outta warranty ,so I hope it lasts abit longer than the others.
Pretty disappointed with the DS4. A great design but terrible build quality .
The PS4 pad is not very sturdy the rubber keeps wearing and splitting on the thumb sticks they should of just made them hard plastic like the Xbox One controller but design wise i love the PS4 pad with the touch pad and the speaker built in.
vipco likes this.
Old 4th July 2015, 07:15 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

[QUOTE=Nordicdusk;454857]The PS4 pad is not very sturdy the rubber keeps wearing and splitting on the thumb sticks they should of just made them hard plastic like the Xbox One controller but design wise i love the PS4 pad with the touch pad and the speaker built in.[/QUOTE

I love the DS4 pad, the design is excellent , the speaker and touch pad are really good ideas but its build quality is average at best .
I got a new pad yesterday and the shop said they'd change it in store for up to 12 months if anything goes wrong so at least im covered for a year.
Im surprised theres no PS4 3rd party pads out yet as the shop had at least two 3rd party Xbox One pads , Rock Candy range and the Xbox One mini pad , both in bright puke green but sturdy enough pads with nice stick movement but the Mini was to small for prolonged adult use but ideal for a kid.

Like this? Share it using the links below!