Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Gaming (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Last Game Bought (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/gaming/2512-last-game-bought.html)

Nordicdusk 29th April 2013 03:27 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Attachment 108699 Attachment 108700 Attachment 108701

zane 29th April 2013 03:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prince_Vajda (Post 332079)
Can anybody recommend a decent vampire/zombie shooter for PC? I loved 'Clive Barker's Undying'...

Sent from my I9100 Galaxy S II via Tapatalk 2

Nosferatu. It is not that good but it has a really nice atmosphere.

Let's Play Nosferatu WoM 01 - Not Your Average Family Get Together - YouTube

And Judge Dredd: Dredd vs. Death . You battle vampires and zombies most of the time.

Nordicdusk 1st May 2013 08:24 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Attachment 108912 Attachment 108913 Attachment 108914

ArgentoFan1987 3rd May 2013 04:39 PM

Recently purchased.

Not played*

SPOILER:
SPOILER:
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/05/04/emezy9y6.jpg (very disappointed with this. I went into this expecting a really good third person adventure game. Instead it was an FPS. I hate FPS's

gag 10th May 2013 07:08 AM

Bought uncharted 3 just over a week ago.
But I played hr r 2 every day I've now completed it, got metal gear solid 4 few week ago couldn't get into it, plus the fact it one of those games u have to learn million and one moves and things I can't be doing with games like that.
So gone back to playing silent hill games boy these games are so brilliant, type you can revisit and play now and again and never get bored of, everything about them is great they are earie, weird music, atmospheric, some fantastic creatures / monsters, I think it was 3 I wasn't keen on some of them they just looked like penises on legs, 4th is the weakest IMO the one where you are stuck in the room, I'm replaying home coming at the moment, these games kick arse over resident evil any day, to me resident evil has become more of a zombie shoot em up now and also have become dull, boring, repetitive, where as silent hill hasn't and changes all the time but keeps with the format of the horror.

Delirium 10th May 2013 10:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nordicdusk (Post 338873)

Good isn't it? I'm a sucker for 80's nostalgia anyway, but I just love the style and humour in this game. Love the guy's dry voice-over, and it has a great soundtrack too.

SCM 10th May 2013 10:43 AM

currently playing Fallout New Vegas and just ordered the Devil May Cry HD Collection from play.
Surprised about New Vegas, I never got into Fallout 3 but I'm completely in love with New Vegas

Nordicdusk 12th May 2013 12:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Delirium (Post 340552)
Good isn't it? I'm a sucker for 80's nostalgia anyway, but I just love the style and humour in this game. Love the guy's dry voice-over, and it has a great soundtrack too.

The game is so much fun ill replay this many times. So many great tributes to 80s action films it blows my mind :lol:

The tutorial at the start had me in stitches " To look around. Look around " :lol:

Like you said there is a great soundtrack also and collecting the VHS tapes was funny too. Better than collecting flags and feathers anyway :lol:

SCM 16th May 2013 02:29 PM

My copy of the Devil May Cry HD Collection came through today
:dance: :clap:

SCM 16th May 2013 02:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ArgentoFan1987 (Post 339237)
Recently purchased.

Not played*

SPOILER:
SPOILER:
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/05/04/emezy9y6.jpg (very disappointed with this. I went into this expecting a really good third person adventure game. Instead it was an FPS. I hate FPS's

Dishonored has to be one of the best games that came out last year.

keirarts 16th May 2013 03:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SCM (Post 341979)
Dishonored has to be one of the best games that came out last year.

Just started playing Dishonoured. Beginning to use some down time to get back into the epic games collection I built up. Loving it so far.

SCM 16th May 2013 03:31 PM

If you're trying to do without killing too many people then I honestly wish you luck

keirarts 16th May 2013 03:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SCM (Post 342013)
If you're trying to do without killing too many people then I honestly wish you luck

Thats already not an option. :lol:

Its definately got replay value, if only to go back over each level and try to do it again and get zero kills. So far first time through I seem to be getting a little stabby!

SCM 16th May 2013 03:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keirarts (Post 342015)
Thats already not an option. :lol:

Its definately got replay value, if only to go back over each level and try to do it again and get zero kills. So far first time through I seem to be getting a little stabby!

Me and a lot of my friends have tried but failed terribly

keirarts 16th May 2013 05:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SCM (Post 342016)
Me and a lot of my friends have tried but failed terribly

I suspect perseverence to be the key!

SCM 16th May 2013 05:46 PM

I doubt played it twice already both times ended killing everyone :censored:

SCM 17th May 2013 10:45 AM

Christopher Walkenthrough - Dishonored - YouTube

Bringer Of Funerals 17th May 2013 11:24 AM

Completed GodOf War - Chains Of Olympus yesterday. I was surprised it was such a short game. 8hrs it took me with 71% trophies

Nordicdusk 17th May 2013 09:10 PM

6 Attachment(s)
Attachment 110702 Attachment 110703 Attachment 110704 Attachment 110705 Attachment 110706 Attachment 110707

Criterion7 24th May 2013 04:39 AM

Today I traded in some games expecting to end up with a couple throwaway games and instead I ended up with....

http://images.bestbuy.com/BestBuy_US...7333042_ra.jpg

and it also came with this...

http://community.us.playstation.com/...v=mpbl-1&px=-1

Cost after trade-in...1 dollar.

Been playing all evening :rockon:

SCM 24th May 2013 07:38 AM

please tell me you're fighting a big daddy with raiden, it is the dumbest battle you could play

SharonLynette 3rd June 2013 01:53 AM

Woot!

James has very kindly pre-ordered me the Animal Crossing 3DS XL which comes with the new animal crossing installed. It's a big treat as I'm in hospital for my surgery next Thursday and will be in for up to a week, I won't get it until I'm out but it's something to look forward to.

I haven't owned a ds before but I've wanted one so I have some ideas of what I want to play but if anyone has any suggestions I would be happy to hear. I still use my GBA to play my old Game Boy games :lol: I've had my Tetris cartridge since 1990.

So far I've ordered:

Tetris
James Nori's Hollywood Crimes
Professor Layton and The Curious Village
Hotel Dusk: Room 215

I'm also thinking that next I would like to get the recent Pang as I loved that as a kid. Also on my wishlist are a couple of Moshi Monsters games (don't ask, for some reason I've gone a bit Mosh Monster mad), Sonic Classic Collection, Angry Birds Trilogy, New Super Mario Bros. and those are the ones at the top of my list, they won't be bought for a while, apart from Pang, as I haven't seen them for cheap second hand.

keirarts 3rd June 2013 06:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SharonLynette (Post 345159)
James has very kindly pre-ordered me the Animal Crossing 3DS XL which comes with the new animal crossing installed. It's a big treat as I'm in hospital for my surgery next Thursday and will be in for up to a week, I won't get it until I'm out but it's something to look forward to.

I haven't owned a ds before but I've wanted one so I have some ideas of what I want to play but if anyone has any suggestions I would be happy to hear. I still use my GBA to play my old Game Boy games :lol: I've had my Tetris cartridge since 1990.

So far I've ordered:

Tetris

I'm also thinking that next I would like to get the recent Pang as I loved that as a kid. Also on my wishlist are a couple of Moshi Monsters games (don't ask, for some reason I've gone a bit Mosh Monster mad), Sonic Classic Collection, Angry Birds Trilogy, New Super Mario Bros. and those are the ones at the top of my list, they won't be bought for a while, apart from Pang, as I haven't seen them for cheap second hand.

If you have a 3ds you really NEED legend of zelda ocarina of time.

Nordicdusk 3rd June 2013 08:10 AM

5 Attachment(s)
Attachment 112172 Attachment 112173 Attachment 112174 Attachment 112175 Attachment 112176

Edgeworth 3rd June 2013 09:30 AM

Quote:

So far I've ordered:

Tetris

PHOENIX WRIGHT - the greatest series on DS consoles.
If you like Hotel Dusk you will like PW. I'm playing a game called 999 at the moment, also similar to those kind of games. Worth checking out.

SCM 3rd June 2013 11:21 AM

I bought Bioshock Infinite about a week ago

Delirium 3rd June 2013 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SCM (Post 345210)
I bought Bioshock Infinite about a week ago

Really want to play that. Waiting for a magic price!

SharonLynette 3rd June 2013 01:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keirarts (Post 345167)
If you have a 3ds you really NEED legend of zelda ocarina of time.

I was thinking about getting that in the future, James was talking about the Zelda games which I have never bothered with. It got confusing though as he was saying it was a new one that had been released that was supposed to be really good but then because Ocarina of Time was an old N64 game he didn't think that was the one. It then got very confusing.

SharonLynette 3rd June 2013 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Edgeworth (Post 345191)
PHOENIX WRIGHT - the greatest series on DS consoles.
If you like Hotel Dusk you will like PW. I'm playing a game called 999 at the moment, also similar to those kind of games. Worth checking out.

I've got them on my list, I was going to pick up the first one first, I love order, but I couldn't find any of them cheap.

I'm also thinking of picking up Trauma Center. Actually I just have for £2.98.

keirarts 3rd June 2013 02:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SharonLynette (Post 345227)
I was thinking about getting that in the future, James was talking about the Zelda games which I have never bothered with. It got confusing though as he was saying it was a new one that had been released that was supposed to be really good but then because Ocarina of Time was an old N64 game he didn't think that was the one. It then got very confusing.

Ocarina of time is a re-release of an old N64 zelda game. Thing is its still the best Zelda game going. Its huge with decent amount of exploration involved, horribly catchy theme music that will having you humming it constantly and a great story. Its certainly the best zelda game since the SNES release a link to the past.

BAKA 3rd June 2013 04:06 PM

Quote:

I haven't owned a ds before but I've wanted one so I have some ideas of what I want to play but if anyone has any suggestions I would be happy to hear.

Luigi's Mansion 2 is adorable, hugely enjoyable, well worth a purchase. There's a game promotion on at the moment, if you buy 3 selected titles (from 8) they'll send you a free download code for a 4th. With your Animal Crossing bundle you'll already get one. So it's worth checking that out, to see if there's anything you're interested in.

I got Professor Layton and The Miracle Mask in the last promotion they had and fell in love with it. Despite not thinking it would be a game I'd like. Similar to Animal Crossing, never expected it to be a game I would love, but I got hooked on the last and have my pre-order in for the upcoming game. Cannot wait.

SCM 4th June 2013 07:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Delirium (Post 345212)
Really want to play that. Waiting for a magic price!

I got lucky; 20 quid at cash generator :dance: :woot:

Delirium 4th June 2013 08:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SCM (Post 345363)
I got lucky; 20 quid at cash generator :dance: :woot:

Great price!

Nordicdusk 10th June 2013 06:19 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Attachment 112532 Attachment 112533

Nordicdusk 16th June 2013 03:22 AM

5 Attachment(s)
Attachment 112831 Attachment 112832 Attachment 112833 Attachment 112834 Attachment 112835

Dungeon Siege 3 was downloaded off Xbox Live so no photo.

Nordicdusk 18th July 2013 02:10 AM

3 Attachment(s)
Attachment 114726 Attachment 114727 Attachment 114728

PaulD 18th July 2013 08:05 AM

1 Attachment(s)
So I this version for the PS3 up on Amazon for £13 while wary of the reception the game had. I have to be honest, I think it's a good game. Sure, there are problems with the AI at times and the graphics aren't all they could or should have been (especially based on the preview video released) but it's a lot better than the reviews and comments online (possibly influenced by paying full price for it and playing before the patches and updates went live) indicate. It really nails the feel and atmosphere of the film and although it's a shame it had such a troubled production it was definitely worth the money I paid for it at least.

Bringer Of Funerals 31st July 2013 03:43 PM

007 Legends
Lego Lord Of The Rings

Both on PS3, while i'm at it I have an idea. My memory is running out so how about I delete everything game wise then just re upload when I want to play a game and when i've completed said game I delete it again

Nordicdusk 31st July 2013 09:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bringer Of Funerals (Post 355552)
007 Legends
Lego Lord Of The Rings

Both on PS3, while i'm at it I have an idea. My memory is running out so how about I delete everything game wise then just re upload when I want to play a game and when i've completed said game I delete it again

Just delete the install and keep the saves.

Edgeworth 31st July 2013 11:06 PM

I do the same on Xbox, install the disc so it runs off the HDD and delete when i'm done. Keeps all my saves that way.

Not bought much recently as i'm mostly playing loooong RPGs but picked up Ultimate Marvel VS Capcom 3, Too Human and 2 different versions of Divinity II.