Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Entertainment > Gaming

Like Tree2420Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 22nd January 2015, 05:01 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Would also like to know what it's like, heard graphically it's not huge improvement on the GameCube version, might of been better to wait as sony are supposed to be releasing 10% off codes for people with plus this weekend
Old 22nd January 2015, 05:01 PM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by nordicdusk View Post
Have you played it yet?
Not yet - it'd dwnloading
Old 22nd January 2015, 05:07 PM
Cult Master
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bringer Of Funerals View Post
Not yet - it'd dwnloading
Keep us posted .
Old 22nd January 2015, 08:24 PM
Ex-Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by trebor8273 View Post
not nice but sadly its true. i only know one person with a wii u love Nintendo games but they are stuck in the past unwilling to go forward hence the truly awful wii u sales and added to that the lack of third party support(and little interest in there games no matter how good to the general gaming public) is why they are in the position they are. might pick one up if the rumours of a price drop too either £99 or£129 in the summer
Nintendo IMO are not stuck in the past. The Wii revolutionised gaming, DS did the same and Xbox were quick to copy with there awful kinect.
Wii u sales have been poor but have vastly improved due to bayonetta, Mario kart and amibo.
The price of wii u dropped to 160 before Xmas.

I'm not a fan of online gaming, I love PS3 but never been fussed about gaming online.

My favourite console ever was the GameCube. It didn't sell well over here but it had a wealth of great games. No one makes games like Nintendo. Yes I'm a fan and it's worrying about wii u but there have been so many rumours. But with games planned for this year and into next it looks good.
trebor8273 likes this.
Old 22nd January 2015, 08:49 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rassilon View Post
Nintendo IMO are not stuck in the past. The Wii revolutionised gaming, DS did the same and Xbox were quick to copy with there awful kinect.
Wii u sales have been poor but have vastly improved due to bayonetta, Mario kart and amibo.
The price of wii u dropped to 160 before Xmas.

I'm not a fan of online gaming, I love PS3 but never been fussed about gaming online.

My favourite console ever was the GameCube. It didn't sell well over here but it had a wealth of great games. No one makes games like Nintendo. Yes I'm a fan and it's worrying about wii u but there have been so many rumours. But with games planned for this year and into next it looks good.
not getting at nintendo, my first console i bought with my own money was the snes and its still my favourite console of all time and i loved the game cube fopr me it was the best console of its generation. they still make the best exclusives but sadly these great games don't appeal to the average gamer who are only bothered about FPS and on-line, me personally i don't like online games and the few times i played i didnt enjoy it. even one of the people who work for them said they are behind the times, i didn't mean with innovation, like the 3ds,wii or wii u pad. its more from a business stand point which he makes in this interview. sadly its also look at as a kiddie console which is strange considering its supposed to have the highest attach rate of adults of any console.

Former Nintendo Executive Dan Adelman Discusses Nintendo’s Culture, Third Party Support, Virtual Console, And More — Dromble
Old 22nd January 2015, 09:55 PM
Ex-Member

Yeah I understand what you mean. There are all sorts of figures on YouTube about sales and globally wii u has sold more than Xbox one. Even monthly sales the Xbox isn't beating it.

However like you I adore nintendo own games, Pikmin for me is the best game ever made.
Sure I like assassins creed but would rather play superman 64 than Destiny or call of duty as I have no interest in those games.

Behind with the times, yes but then so am I lol
Old 23rd January 2015, 12:59 PM
Cult Acolyte

Played Resi Evil Remake for about an hr. The mansion is a lot darker and more atmospheric, there are more zombies and extra rooms that were not in the PS1 edition. The trophies are hard as hell and I can wave bye to that platinum.

On the off side the controls are a bit clunky with the Analouge stick and your better off sticking to the direction pad.
Old 23rd January 2015, 03:28 PM
Ex-Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bringer Of Funerals View Post
Played Resi Evil Remake for about an hr. The mansion is a lot darker and more atmospheric, there are more zombies and extra rooms that were not in the PS1 edition. The trophies are hard as hell and I can wave bye to that platinum.

On the off side the controls are a bit clunky with the Analouge stick and your better off sticking to the direction pad.
Yes its the GameCube version which was amazing. It got rereleased on Wii during the early days and I spent just as many hours on that. Would like it in HD but might wait for price drop.

As I recall its harder, some zombies run like demons and there are plenty hidden secrets.

I hope they rerelease Resident Evil zero too as they both are done in the same style.
Old 23rd January 2015, 03:48 PM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rassilon View Post
Yes its the GameCube version which was amazing. It got rereleased on Wii during the early days and I spent just as many hours on that. Would like it in HD but might wait for price drop.

As I recall its harder, some zombies run like demons and there are plenty hidden secrets.

I hope they rerelease Resident Evil zero too as they both are done in the same style.
I completed Res 1 on the Gamecube and I remember having Resi 0 on Gamecube too, it was very good. Hopefully if this sells well they may consider doing the Zero re release
Old 23rd January 2015, 04:06 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Those new zombies that ran are terrifying. Don't know how many times they killed me when I played it on the GameCube

Like this? Share it using the links below!