Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Entertainment > Gaming

Like Tree2420Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 3rd March 2015, 04:57 PM
Cult Acolyte

Default dead light

Bought this the other day,Unfortunately i should of followed my guy instict and kept away,does'nt work for me on any levels,the gameplay is monotonous,the zombies look as bored as me playing the game,the missions weak and the atmos as about as lively as Russ Abbot concert on the moon,only kind thing i can say is that open city lay out is pretty good and your ability to climb everything is also a bonus.Saying that i hated Dead island (is that what it was called?) so no surprise that this did'nt appeal to me,die hard zombie fans may enjoy i did'nt,I may be in the minority with this one.

4.jpg
Vipp likes this.
Old 3rd March 2015, 05:03 PM
Cult Addict

The characters and storyline of Dead Island was awful. Gameplay wasn't so bad but the cut scenes really took me out of the game. Dying Light did appeal to me at first but the free running aspect put me off. Why is free running a worthwhile addition to a zombie game??
Old 3rd March 2015, 05:17 PM
Cult Veteran
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

I played Dead Island for a few hours, then sold it back to CEX, bored the crap out of me, unlike the Left 4 Dead games, which I play regularly
Vipp likes this.
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 3rd March 2015, 05:21 PM
Seasoned Cultist

I enjoyed Dead Island quite a bit, even finished it.
Old 3rd March 2015, 05:27 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

No need to hide, I know plenty of people that loved it, I just got bored very quickly
Vipp and VeZius like this.
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 3rd March 2015, 05:34 PM
Cult Addict

Does anyone remember the original trailer they made for Dead Island? With the small family in a hotel room? All done in reverse and slowed down? It was brilliant and if the game had kept that sort of vibe with characters that you could invest in. A father trying to get his family to safety or something along those lines. I also didn't get the Dead Rising games. Brilliant premise ruined by silly humour for me.
I can't think of a really good zombie game since Resident Evil 4.
Old 3rd March 2015, 06:28 PM
Cult Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by J Harker View Post
Does anyone remember the original trailer they made for Dead Island? With the small family in a hotel room? All done in reverse and slowed down? It was brilliant and if the game had kept that sort of vibe with characters that you could invest in. A father trying to get his family to safety or something along those lines. I also didn't get the Dead Rising games. Brilliant premise ruined by silly humour for me.
I can't think of a really good zombie game since Resident Evil 4.
The first trailer of Dead Island really did give the wrong message about the game that was to follow. I have to say i LOVE Dead Rising and Dead Rising 3 i could not get into Dead Rising 2 for some reason. The more you play Dead Rising you uncover a very dark story behind all the humour. Left 4 Dead games are fantastic and Undead Nightmare was also a brilliant zombie add on for Red Dead Redemption. The problem is that zombies are popular in the mainstream now so they are put in games to to appeal to that crowd and there is not enough actual taught put into making it a stand out game.
Old 4th March 2015, 05:52 PM
Ex-Member

Loved the first Dead Island game.
Resident evil went down hill after 5.
Zombiu is class.
trebor8273 and J Harker like this.
Old 4th March 2015, 06:31 PM
Cult Master

55-426.jpg 2664006-7158019745-VH-BA.jpg Rayman-Legends.jpg

Three games free this month Rayman Legends is free on games with gold and the other two are free PS+ games for march. Valiant Hearts looks beautiful and from the trailer quite an emotional ride through WW1.
Vipp likes this.
Old 4th March 2015, 06:42 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rassilon View Post
Loved the first Dead Island game.
Resident evil went down hill after 5.
Zombiu is class.
I thought Resi 5 was a big step down from 4.
nosferatu42 likes this.

Like this? Share it using the links below!