Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Entertainment > Gaming
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree2420Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 16th June 2015, 02:46 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

What would be the best single player rpg for a complete rpg virgin to start with ? (PS4 / X-One / 360)
I only ever tried a Japanese turn based rpg on 3DO and that totally lost me. It's the leveling up and XP points that I get lost with .
Any ideas / recommendations ?
Vipp likes this.
Old 16th June 2015, 03:22 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by vipco View Post
What would be the best single player rpg for a complete rpg virgin to start with ? (PS4 / X-One / 360)
I only ever tried a Japanese turn based rpg on 3DO and that totally lost me. It's the leveling up and XP points that I get lost with .
Any ideas / recommendations ?
Mate i have also tried many RPG games and i have never managed to enjoy one because i just don;t understand what the heck is going on... I'mtold Fallout 3 is an RPG? or at least based on one but i'm not sure about that? i like Fall out and understand what im doing.

If someone tells you to play a Zelda game i wish you luck. I've always wanted to play a game like Skies of Arcadia but i just don't understand...
vipco likes this.
Old 16th June 2015, 06:17 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Probably going to get an Xbox one tomorrow was think of getting these two games anyone played them

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1434478666.488978.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1434478674.157912.jpg
vipco likes this.
Old 16th June 2015, 06:46 PM
Cult Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by trebor8273 View Post
Probably going to get an Xbox one tomorrow was think of getting these two games anyone played them

Attachment 166073

Attachment 166074
Have you ever played Halo before ?
Old 16th June 2015, 06:48 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordicdusk View Post
Have you ever played Halo before ?
The first one and the second
Old 16th June 2015, 06:53 PM
Cult Master

I love RPGs and I have played a few JRPGs but I am really bad at turn based games so I avoid them. Mass Effect is a great action RPG series. The Elder Scrolls especially Oblivion. Fallout is another amazing game but if you are looking for a next gen RPG get the Witcher its amazing but be prepared to loose alot of hours of your life.
vipco likes this.
Old 16th June 2015, 06:56 PM
Cult Master

Quote:
The first one and the second
The Master Chief Collection is an amazing package with Halo CE through top Halo 4 and you can download Halo ODST now. When it came out first it had a lot of online issues but its cheap now and for four epic games its more than worth it.

Sunset Overdrive its fun and a beautiful game with plenty of great weapons and alot of humour worth it if you find it cheap but do not buy it full price it can get a bit repetitive at times.
Old 16th June 2015, 07:03 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
The Master Chief Collection is an amazing package with Halo CE through top Halo 4 and you can download Halo ODST now. When it came out first it had a lot of online issues but its cheap now and for four epic games its more than worth it.

Sunset Overdrive its fun and a beautiful game with plenty of great weapons and alot of humour worth it if you find it cheap but do not buy it full price it can get a bit repetitive at times.
Cheers , but do I really need another console barely have time to play the games for the ones I have and it's only a small handful of game sim interested in for the Xbox one might be better to wait a year or so when it's even cheaper
Old 16th June 2015, 07:15 PM
Cult Master

Quote:
Cheers , but do I really need another console barely have time to play the games for the ones I have and it's only a small handful of game sim interested in for the Xbox one might be better to wait a year or so when it's even cheaper
I would wait a little longer might get a better deal around Xmas with a Halo 5 bundle or something like that might even get a terabyte hard drive. I have always had both a Playstation and an Xbox because they both have great exclusive franchises that I love and could not miss out on. Its nice to have the best of both world between exclusives and exclusive content for games that come out on both systems. It really comes down to one thing and thats money more than time. If you can afford both I would say go ahead they both have something you will love so it wont go to waste.
Old 16th June 2015, 07:22 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Default Last Game Bought

Quote:
I would wait a little longer might get a better deal around Xmas with a Halo 5 bundle or something like that might even get a terabyte hard drive. I have always had both a Playstation and an Xbox because they both have great exclusive franchises that I love and could not miss out on. Its nice to have the best of both world between exclusives and exclusive content for games that come out on both systems. It really comes down to one thing and thats money more than time. If you can afford both I would say go ahead they both have something you will love so it wont go to waste.

It's more time than money also have wii u, vita and 3ds and don't have enough time for them. But as I said it got some great exclusives so might wait for a cheap 1tb model as I'm sure it's more expensive to replace the hard drive in them just like it was on the Xbox 360

Edit

Just won this on eBay for £20, even though I only traded it in last week, it's definitely worth £20 and can't see it dropping to that price for sometime

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1434483266.227964.jpg

Last edited by trebor8273; 16th June 2015 at 07:34 PM.

Like this? Share it using the links below!