Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Gaming (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Last Game Bought (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/gaming/2512-last-game-bought.html)

iluvdvds@Cult Labs 19th March 2010 05:29 PM

Last Game Bought

All this talk about games has made me buy a game - first time in too long.

Bought Evil Dead: A Fistful Of Boomstick for quite a cheap prize on Amazon today. Should be a lot of fun!

So, here's the thread to talk about the latest games you've just bought - in the same way as the recently bought DVD thread!

Pete 19th March 2010 05:41 PM

Duke Nukem: Time to Kill - £I.99 ebay.

Its nowhere near as good as Duke Nukem 3D.

gag 19th March 2010 06:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iluvdvds (Post 68053)
All this talk about games has made me buy a game - first time in too long.

Bought Evil Dead: A Fistful Of Boomstick for quite a cheap prize on Amazon today. Should be a lot of fun!

So, here's the thread to talk about the latest games you've just bought - in the same way as the recently bought DVD thread!

I bought a fistfull of boomsticks ages ago i enjoyed it.... but im stuck on 1 bit after so many atempts i gave up and not gone back to it since...yes i know i could check the walkthrough...
But i so many games i need to finish of ill come back 2 it in a yr r 2 :biggrin:

I bought condemed 2 on ps3. any 1 played this ?
I liked the level on the doll factory.... it not as scary as some ppl making out... i think scariest game ever by far got to be original silent hill on your own lights out in the dark ..whoooo

partner bought few bits 4 wii mainly exercise y i dont know she doesnt use them like the wii dance.

I bought simpsons on dsi.

And god of war on psp ..i just recently bought psp of a friend with 4 games £40 bargain r what..

But my next game when i can afford it ......maybe ill wait till i can get it half price in a game exchange r somewhere will be god of war on ps3,. these games r def top notch no 2 way about it.:thumb:

vincenzo 19th March 2010 09:53 PM

I downloaded most of the old classics (Doom, Duke Nukem, X-Com etc) from various abandonware sites ages ago before most of them were closed down or the contents pulled.

iluvdvds@Cult Labs 19th March 2010 10:40 PM

Doom and Duke Nukem are BRILLIANT games Vince! I absolutly luv both of them!

Never played X-Com though - have to give that a look.

Why are PS1 games so expensive damnit? I was hoping they'd have gone down to pennies. :doh:

iluvdvds@Cult Labs 19th March 2010 11:04 PM

Btw - has anyone here played Carmgeddon on the PS1? Any good?

darthelvis 20th March 2010 05:48 AM

Come out and play!

Wish they would make another Warriors game but for the PS3. I would love to play the old game again but believe it won't work on my PS3.

LineSix 20th March 2010 08:46 AM

I'm still waiting on Duke Nukem Forever...lol, it ain't going to happen any time soon.

Stephen@Cult Labs 20th March 2010 10:19 AM

Spider-Man for the Atari 2600.....1984 :lol:

vincenzo 20th March 2010 10:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iluvdvds (Post 68115)
Btw - has anyone here played Carmgeddon on the PS1? Any good?

I've got the original Carmageddon and Carmageddon II (Carpocalypse Now) for the PC. Still blast them up on occasions. Manic fun. :dance:

LineSix 20th March 2010 10:54 AM

Back on topic, the last game I bought was probably Tekken 6. I don't buy many games these days, I find I get bored of them very easily now. I remember a time when I use to buy at least one game every week or two.

gag 20th March 2010 11:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by darthelvis (Post 68137)
Wish they would make another Warriors game but for the PS3. I would love to play the old game again but believe it won't work on my PS3.

The very 1st ps3 is compatable with any ps games ps 1 r 2
any ofter ps3 consoles after that arent

pedromonkey 20th March 2010 02:28 PM

the last game i bought was Modern Warfare 2 on the 360, i can't justify paying £40 for game. my bro on the other hand has just got Mass Effect 2 and Final Fantasy 13. I want a ps3 mainly for God of war 3 and Heavy Rain.

iluvdvds@Cult Labs 20th March 2010 09:54 PM

Bought yet ANOTHER zombie game! One called Hunter: The Reckoning.

My mission in life (and I choose to accept it!) is to play every zombie game, read every zombie book, watch every zombie film, do everything zombie related! :woot: :woot:

http://image.com.com/gamespot/images...9406_front.jpg

Gigantor 21st March 2010 03:07 PM

Good Luck with that goal!

pedromonkey 21st March 2010 07:02 PM

@ Iluv: you got a plan for the coming zombie apocalypse then, i have. mine is mapped out like macauly culkins home protection plan from Home alone.

iluvdvds@Cult Labs 21st March 2010 07:07 PM

Mine too Pedro. I've got everything I will need packed and ready to go (gotta keep moving during the outbreak - be sensible though) in a special room. Including food and weapons.

pedromonkey 27th March 2010 04:06 PM

just picked up Farcry 2 collectors edition from Blockbuster pre-owned for 7.95 for my xb360

Basketcase 30th March 2010 12:23 AM

The last games i bought were God of War III, Heavy Rain on ps3 and Call of duty: modern warfare 2 on 360.

vipco 30th March 2010 11:56 AM

Pedro, could you let me know if Far Cry 2 is any good as im looking a decent FPS.

pedromonkey 30th March 2010 12:22 PM

to be honest i only bought it for the map building tool, but having played the game many times before i can say that yes it is a very good game and it's open world.

vipco 1st April 2010 04:00 PM

I got MX vs ATV REFLEX (PS3) plus Resistance F.O.M 2 (PS3) in the HMV sale today and pre ordered S.A. World Cup 2010 outta GameStop (PS3) .

vipco 29th October 2010 02:29 PM

Just got SVR11 Special 'Hitman' Ed. (PS3).
You get the game , a code to unlock the in game Bret Hart playable character and a Bret 'the Hitman' Hart DVD in a nice double BD case with slip cover.
I also bought WWE Fan Access pack that basically gives you all DLC for SVR11 when its ready including the Day 1 pack.
That should eat up a few months of my life as the games massive.

I also got the original Wolfenstein 3D game via PS Store for only £3.99. I love that game.

Pete 9th May 2011 03:52 PM

Just bought EXHUMED (aka POWERSLAVE) for the PS1 - It's one of my all time favourite games.

stefanmetal 9th May 2011 04:34 PM

Mirror's Edge for ps3, love every moment of it. Free running is always fun in games.

Baseball Fury 9th May 2011 09:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pete (Post 149280)
Just bought EXHUMED (aka POWERSLAVE) for the PS1 - It's one of my all time favourite games.

This game was badass ! I tried to play it the other day though and struggled with the controls. too used to dual analog FPS's now! I've been playing Portal 2 and Final Fantasy Tactics on the PS1

napalm-in-the-morning 10th May 2011 06:05 AM

Bulletstorm. Seems to be in abundant supply preowned! Quite good but very few players online. The worlds obsessed with COD.

KPWNINJA 11th May 2011 08:16 AM

Currently playing Dead Space 2 on PS3 :) Bought the game on release and I just haven't had the time to play through it! :shocked:

Also playing Final Fantasy V on PS1 :p

Pete 27th May 2011 05:19 PM

**** you CALL OF DUTY - I bought FINAL DOOM today and it still way more entertaining than you!

gag 1st June 2011 10:26 AM

My birthday today got some games ......Donkey kong country, Silent hill, Shatterd memories wii..Now have got every silent hill games inc those on psp...also got Zelda spirit tracks ds..at the mo im playing the hour glass on the ds, And Read dead redemption Undead Nightmare ps3....

Pete 25th December 2011 06:25 AM

Been spending a lot on old games recently, over the last few weeks I've bought:

N64:
DOOM
PERFECT DARK (boxed)
QUAKE 2 (boxed)
TUROK 3 (boxed)

PS1:
CASPER (Not played it since I first got a PS1 in 1998)
DUKE NUKEM: LAND OF THE BABES
PRO EVOLUTION SOCCER

PS2:
PRO EVOLUTION SOCCER 6
QUAKE 3
MEDAL OF HONOUR: EUROPEAN ASSAULT
MEDAL OF HONOR: RISING SUN
SILENT HILL COLLECTION
SMUGGLERS RUN
UNREAL TOURNAMENT

I also swapped a load of Vipco dvd's for a SEGA SATURN with the Light Gun and several games:
CRYPT KILLER
DIE HARD TRILOGY (LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this game!)
FIFA 96
FIGHTING VIPERS
OLYMPIC SOCCER
VICTORY BOXING
VIRTUA COP
VIRTUA COP 2
VIRTUA FIGHTER
VIRTUA FIGHTER 2 and few others I can't remember at the mo.
DOOM (though this wasn't part of the deal, I bought it on Friday)

antmumford 25th December 2011 05:54 PM

Not exactly bought but for Christmas I got Dead Island, Uncharted 3 and the God of War Collection for the PS3. Have to wait until Wednesday night before I can play any though :-(

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using Tapatalk

pedromonkey 25th December 2011 09:57 PM

last game i bought was Saints Row 3, absolutely mental game which seems to take the ideas behind GTA and make them absolutely stupid. Awesome!!

RedEyeTheCylon 30th December 2011 05:43 PM

Just bought for the Xbox 360 in the sales:

Fable 3
Warhammer 40000 Space Marine
Spiderman: The Edge of Time
LA Noire
Left 4 Dead 2
Call of Duty: World at War (Still the best COD game out there)

Dave 30th December 2011 05:51 PM

I upgraded my old PS2 titles of "Ico" and "Shadow Of The Colossus" with the PS3 2in1 disc :happy:

pedromonkey 30th December 2011 06:15 PM

literally just bought complete GTA collection and Mafia 2 on steam for less than 10 quid.

Baseball Fury 31st December 2011 07:05 AM

Swapped my copy of MW3 (which I got for £18 on Amazons black Friday thing) for new copies of Skyrim and Deus Ex 3 with GAME. I couldn't believe it!

keirarts 31st December 2011 07:37 AM

Bought Fist of the north star dynasty warriors for the xb360.

I know it didn't get the best of reviews but i've always been a total FONS fanatic since I first saw the anime way back on vhs. I have all the series and manga ect so its the perfect addition to my collection and its not all that bad, like most dynasty warriors spin offs its just a little samey. Got it for 2 for 20quid at work with the first infamous for my ps3.

keirarts 31st December 2011 07:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave (Post 206597)
I upgraded my old PS2 titles of "Ico" and "Shadow Of The Colossus" with the PS3 2in1 disc :happy:

if you flog the ps2 ones you might still make a few quid, I got about £20 on amazon for my ltd edition shadow of the colossus.

Dave 1st January 2012 02:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keirarts (Post 206727)
if you flog the ps2 ones you might still make a few quid, I got about £20 on amazon for my ltd edition shadow of the colossus.

yeah they are fetching quite high prices at the moment. gonna sell them eventually.