Go Back   Cult Labs > Entertainment > Gaming
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree72Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 25th July 2011, 03:33 PM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by thehamish View Post
uuuh...have just acquired a N64....six months i spent playing that Zelda....a very "solid" game
Keep some 'head cleaning' fluid handy, the contact pins on the cart get covered in muck and dust over time, a good scrub will re-animate many a duff cart.
Old 26th July 2011, 10:17 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by platostotal View Post
Keep some 'head cleaning' fluid handy, the contact pins on the cart get covered in muck and dust over time, a good scrub will re-animate many a duff cart.
ta. am getting it today...as long as the bundle includes goldeneye im happy, Halflife really ****ing me off at moment. the bloody controls!! am glad it didnt come out for the dreamcast now....ahem.
Old 26th July 2011, 11:09 AM
Cult Rookie

Quote:
'Zombies'-Snes, This one has so many horror/sci-fi references it was a mandatory purchase at the time, wonder why Lucasfilms can't be as much fun as their game is here. Chased by zombies, Jason and a chucky clone with an axe, you have to rescue dim-wits who stand around waiting to get killed. Every member here into retro will enjoy this... Guaranteed.
Did you ever play the Zombies sequel called Ghoul Patrol? I only found out that it existed a couple of years ago, but had I have known about it back when I was a kid when that era of the games were on the shelves then I definitely would have tried to get a hold of it. Like I said in the other retro gaming thread the first one Zombies was a great game and the best that I ever played for the Mega Drive.

Hopefully one day Konami releases a classics collection for the current consoles and included in the mix is Zombies (and Ghoul Patrol if it was any good).

Zombies, Castlevania, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Rocket Knight Adventures, International Superstar Soccer, Lethal Enforcers and Sunset Riders would be among the names you would expect to see in a Konami Classics Collection.

I would also like to see a classics collection by Electronic Arts as well, in which this one would include the James Pond games, the Shadow of the Beast games, the Road Rash games, Zool, Haunting, Rolo to the Rescue, Desert Strike, Jungle Strike and one of the old FIFA games.

Last edited by Big Gaz; 26th July 2011 at 02:48 PM.
Old 9th January 2012, 01:46 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Some cool collection's from Platostoal and Baseballfury. Here is what I have:

n64.JPGn642.JPGps1.jpgps12.JPGps2.jpgps2..jpgsegasat.jpgsegasatu.jpg

I've a few NES and Megadrive games somewhere, too.
iluvdvds@Cult Labs and Vipp like this.

Letterboxd | Youtube | Twitter
Old 9th January 2012, 01:50 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete View Post
nice haul there chief! i take it the SH collection is 2, 3 and 4: the room, aye?

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 9th January 2012, 01:52 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by thehamish View Post
nice haul there chief! i take it the SH collection is 2, 3 and 4: the room, aye?
Aye! Completed SH2 before Christmas but not tried the other two yet.

I used to have loads more PS1 and N64 games but I've no idea what happened to them.

Old 9th January 2012, 02:42 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Aye! Completed SH2 before Christmas but not tried the other two yet.

I used to have loads more PS1 and N64 games but I've no idea what happened to them.
ok, didnt think theyd updated the 1st (shame). let me know what you think of 3 &4, after 2 (best game ever) dont get your hopes up ahem....
Pete likes this.

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 9th January 2012, 02:55 PM
Cult Acolyte

Cool

Quote:
Some cool collection's from Platostoal and Baseballfury. Here is what I have:

Attachment 38346Attachment 38347Attachment 38348Attachment 38349Attachment 38350Attachment 38351Attachment 38354Attachment 38355

I've a few NES and Megadrive games somewhere, too.
Nice Saturn gear too, saw a Saturn running SFII, amazing at the time, so fast for a pal version, but never saw it cheap enough, even 2nd hand, then it was gone.
Old 9th January 2012, 04:39 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
And now...'Revenge of the Living N64 Carts' All work ok, but some internal batteries have given up so no saves on em. Not worth breaking em open just to mess with. One of em is an original 'WWF no mercy' with a battery that holds a save for about 24 hours

Never played Command & Conquer for the N64, any good?
Vipp likes this.

Old 3rd March 2012, 11:42 AM
Cult Acolyte

Cool

Quote:
Never played Command & Conquer for the N64, any good?
IMHO it's much more fun on the Ps1(C&C red alert, the skirmish mode is great fun) tho the N64 has cool 3d like graphics it doesn't feel quite right, whereas C&C always reminds me of playing with loads of toy armies and tanks from childhood, the N64 version feels more like a normal computer game. So look out for C&C red alert for Ps1 for console goodness.
Pete likes this.

Like this? Share it using the links below!