All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree72Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 5th July 2011, 07:16 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete View Post
ISS PRO - now PRO EVOLUTION S***** - is still the best football series around. Never that much of a fan of FIFA. FIFA 98 is good though.

I used to have the Japanese version of ISS 64 and it was pretty decent.
I only ever play on 1 game on the PS3 and thats PES, I just buy the next one each year Have never tired of them since owning ISS on the N64. All other games get old but these are just endlessly playable!

Blu Rays ---- Vinyl ---- For Sale / Trade ---- Blu Spaghetti
Old 5th July 2011, 07:30 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike View Post
That was it - Road to the World Cup
Yeah, that was FIFA 98. Still the best one of all, especially as you could have indoor matches.
Old 5th July 2011, 07:32 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_Vajda View Post
"World Cup 98" had great atmosphere. Really liked it.

Greetings!
It was brilliant, I used to love the 'World Cup Classic' mode where you could play the World Finals of old. (If I remember rightly, you had to win the WC unlock it on the PS but you didn't on the N64)
Old 5th July 2011, 07:33 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by oaxaca View Post
I only ever play on 1 game on the PS3 and thats PES, I just buy the next one each year Have never tired of them since owning ISS on the N64. All other games get old but these are just endlessly playable!
Neither do I.

I never got why FIFA was more popular.
Old 5th July 2011, 07:35 PM
Cult Acolyte

Cool

Gran Turismo 2-ps1, This game brought 'proper' racing to the consoles, tuning, analogue steering and gravel rally tracks make this a long term challenge, no "I finished it in 2 hours" here. Some prefer the smoother first game, but this is the one for me. The first some of us ever heard of something called a 'Skyline' (sigh). And don't think you can tune up an Evo to 800 bhp and stomp the competition, you'll have to learn how to handle it and tune the car first. Most driving sim type games today are a clone of this in some way. Give it a shot.
Old 5th July 2011, 07:45 PM
Cult Acolyte

Cool

Crash Bandicoot 3-ps1, this sequel hooked me straight away with it's run into the screen style and ease of gameplay, anyone from 6 to 60 can pick it up and play. Tho like all platform style games it's run-jump-spin overdose after a while but until then enjoy among other sights riding a tiger along the Great Wall of China.
Old 5th July 2011, 07:59 PM
Cult Acolyte

Cool

Front Mission 3-ps1, This game took dozens of hours of my game time as giant mech robots shoot, bash and missile each other set against a weird future storyline. Takes a while to get to grips with all the options(armour is as important as weapons) and the way new characters are integrated as you go along will remind you of the Final Fantasy series(also by Square). To give you an idea of how good this is I finished it, and in a couple of days went "might as well start again", Something very rare for me. Been round just over twice, too many other games to give it a third go round tho.
Old 5th July 2011, 08:07 PM
Competitions Moderator
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by platostotal View Post
Crash Bandicoot 3-ps1, this sequel hooked me straight away with it's run into the screen style and ease of gameplay, anyone from 6 to 60 can pick it up and play. Tho like all platform style games it's run-jump-spin overdose after a while but until then enjoy among other sights riding a tiger along the Great Wall of China.
I was only playing this again just the other day. Brilliant game - Crash and Spyro were my childhood. Ever played Crash Bash?
Old 5th July 2011, 08:13 PM
Cult Acolyte

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by iluvdvds@Cult Labs View Post
I was only playing this again just the other day. Brilliant game - Crash and Spyro were my childhood. Ever played Crash Bash?
Yep, still got it somewhere, shame ol' Crash wasn't pushed as a Mario or Sonic beater, coulda stood toe to paw with em, until Mario64 of course.
Old 5th July 2011, 08:50 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by platostotal View Post
Ah, CRASH 3, It reminds me of when left primary school.

Like this? Share it using the links below!