Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Entertainment > Gaming

Like Tree5Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10th April 2021, 02:06 PM
Thompson

Unhappy So, Naughty Dog could be remaking The Last of Us...

How pointless is that?

Quite frankly, I've grown so tired of gaming companies thinking that nostalgia is an easy cash grab. Because it is!

They should reconsider. Sometimes, a game is a one trick pony. But a great one at that. This probably has a lot of fans worried now...

Old 10th April 2021, 04:20 PM
Cult Master
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesaunderschild View Post
How pointless is that?

Quite frankly, I've grown so tired of gaming companies thinking that nostalgia is an easy cash grab. Because it is!

They should reconsider. Sometimes, a game is a one trick pony. But a great one at that. This probably has a lot of fans worried now...

I love the game but this is pointless the remaster should of been enough this is a terrible idea.
trebor8273 and Thompson like this.
Old 11th April 2021, 07:08 PM
Thompson

It's a common issue, sadly. You know how it is with Hollywood as well.

Nostalgia is something we all hold dear to us. So they know that and bleed us dry.
Old 12th April 2021, 09:34 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Why not just use the resources this would use for the third game of give us a new IP, pointless . Sony are really making some bizarre choices of late which all started with there increasing game price too £60/$70 looks like the old sony arrogance of the ps3 era is making a comeback.
Old 12th April 2021, 09:48 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by trebor8273 View Post
Why not just use the resources this would use for the third game of give us a new IP, pointless . Sony are really making some bizarre choices of late which all started with there increasing game price too £60/$70 looks like the old sony arrogance of the ps3 era is making a comeback.
Due to silly price tags I’ve never been in a rush to buy a game so I wait 6 month or so and most or less than £30, as matter of fact,

I’ve bought both of these

Dark Pictures Anthology: Man of Medan, also known simply as Man of Medan, is an interactive drama video game developed by Supermassive Games and published by Bandai Namco Entertainment. It is the first of eight planned installments in The Dark Pictures Anthology series, and was released for Microsoft Windows, PlayStation 4, and Xbox One on 30 August 2019. A successor, Little Hope, was released on 30 October 2020.

releasing games £25 brand new and there decent play, games with replay value and what you do and who you kill / save can results in various different endings, only downfall is there not that huge so can be played in 9hrs r less.
trebor8273 likes this.
Old 12th April 2021, 09:56 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by gag View Post
Due to silly price tags I’ve never been in a rush to buy a game so I wait 6 month or so and most or less than £30, as matter of fact,

I’ve bought both of these

Dark Pictures Anthology: Man of Medan, also known simply as Man of Medan, is an interactive drama video game developed by Supermassive Games and published by Bandai Namco Entertainment. It is the first of eight planned installments in The Dark Pictures Anthology series, and was released for Microsoft Windows, PlayStation 4, and Xbox One on 30 August 2019. A successor, Little Hope, was released on 30 October 2020.

releasing games £25 brand new and there decent play, games with replay value and what you do and who you kill dave can results in various different endings, only downfall is there not that huge so can be played in 9hrs r less.

All the price increase has done is show people what amazing value Game pass is. Granted you won't see sony exclusives but it's gets some good third party support with Bethesda now owned by .Microsoft a lot of their stuff is on it and all future game will be on it day one.

In someways I'm glad I can't get hold of a ps5, as not a lot out for it a moment and lots of games have been put back till next year.

Think most will wait for.games to drop in price, probably even more now and a lot of those 60/70 games dropped in price quickly ,it's just greed as the game industry made plenty of money at old prices.
nosferatu42 likes this.
Old 28th March 2022, 09:49 AM
Thompson

Awkward

There was a rumor several weeks back, that new games could be coming this year.

https://comicbook.com/gaming/news/th...ak-first-look/
Old 28th March 2022, 10:35 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by trebor8273 View Post
All the price increase has done is show people what amazing value Game pass is. Granted you won't see sony exclusives but it's gets some good third party support with Bethesda now owned by .Microsoft a lot of their stuff is on it and all future game will be on it day one.

In someways I'm glad I can't get hold of a ps5, as not a lot out for it a moment and lots of games have been put back till next year.

Think most will wait for.games to drop in price, probably even more now and a lot of those 60/70 games dropped in price quickly ,it's just greed as the game industry made plenty of money at old prices.
Course it greed, they keep upping the prices and then finding extra ways as cash grab, eg add on, extension packs blah blah blah, if they can release a small hardly known game at £25 and won't sell at fraction of say grand theft auto, and still make money then surely they can afford to sell gta at a price of eg £35, and it'll probably sell even more because like some ppl their getting fed up of high prices and waiting till price drops or buy 2nd hand, if sold cheaper then chances are these ppl will buy brand new, gta and other stuff make their money back on pre-orders alone.
Old 21st July 2022, 11:47 PM
Thompson

Official Announcement

I don't mind having new characters for the online spin off title, as it is not just Boston that has to deal with the Infected running amok. But then people who are huge fans of the first game will complain about Ellie not being the star anymore.

When a series gets established, people seem to act as if there's just supposed to be those main characters. Anybody else is unfairly branded as being inferior in their eyes. But it's a big universe. So there's no reason not to have other characters introduced, so long as they're not the tedious type.
Old 22nd July 2022, 05:29 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Instead of updating, releasing, remaking the same game over and over again, uncharted another one they seem to keep churning, the chances are most ppl have bought it twice already since it was first released on ps3, then ps4 now ps5 why don't they update or rerelease something that needs an update eg, clock tower 3, the suffering games, manhunt.
God of war has now become huge and popular, with a new one due out soon why don't they tweak and rerelease all the original and older ones, I think there are 2-3 not released on ps and only on handheld consoles updates and convert them for ps5, I like playing games but not enough to warrant me to pay top notch prices for a new console when they come out, and I'm never in a rush for anything I'm not one of the I feel I have to have what ever here and now with everything, I'm quite happy to keep plodding on with playing on ps4 for and buying cheap games that have been out for a while then after 3yrs or so from ps5 being released then buy it 2nd hand from someone who bored with it get quite a few games the console etc for at least £200 less than the console alone, I'm the same with anything tbh.
Thompson likes this.

Like this? Share it using the links below!