Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Entertainment > Gaming

Like Tree59Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 18th September 2008, 11:52 AM
Seasoned Cultist
Good Trader

Recently i've been playing retro games on my PS2 as I bought a few of those Mega Drive and Acade classics discs featuring stuff like Final Fight, Streets of Rage, Street Fighter 2 and Sonic the Hedgehog and stuff. The original Mortal Kombat games were always favourites of mine too.[/QUOTE]

I have these to,for my boys ps2. Final fight is great in two player mode,bloody hard in one player. Golden axe 1,2,3 are also pretty good.

Duke nukem: time to kill is great with the cheat codes on. You can run about with the rpg splattering baddies left right and centre without any loss of life.Great fun!
Old 18th September 2008, 03:35 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Do you know TD that you can get a media set that enables you to play your PS2 games on a PS2 upscaled to Hi Def.?
It cost @ 20 quid and its from Datel.
Not sure if it upscales your DVD's played on PS2, but it definetly allowes the games to run in HD.

Last edited by vipco; 18th September 2008 at 03:37 PM.
Old 18th September 2008, 05:16 PM
Cult Addict
Senior Moderator Alumni

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halloween_22 View Post
Duke Nukem will always be one of my favourites, I used to love playing that as a kid.
Yes it's great fun even now. As much as I enjoy Doom and Unreal there's something about Duke Nukem 3D (just checked and mine is the Atomic Edition). Carmageddon (plus the sequel Carpocalypse Now) and House Of The Dead are a couple more I've just found on my games disc - plus GTA: London.

"It's time to kick ass and chew bubble gum - and I'm all outta gum"
Old 18th September 2008, 06:31 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Favourite games when I was a pup were-
WAY OF THE EXPLODING FIST
YIE AR KUNG FU
COMMANDO
GHOSTS 'N' GOBLINS
PAPERBOY
JAIL BREAK
IMPOSSIBLE MISSION
GREEN BERET
Anyone remember those,or am I showing my age?
Old 18th September 2008, 06:32 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

On a more modern note favourite PS1 games are:
METAL GEAR SOLID
SILENT HILL
RESIDENT EVIL.
Old 18th September 2008, 07:57 PM
Seasoned Cultist
Good Trader

My favourites are GTA, and the Resident Evil and Burnout games. Talking of Ghosts And Goblins, have you played the PS2 versions, Maximo, and Maximo 2 : Army of Zin? They are fantastic games.
Old 18th September 2008, 11:09 PM
Seasoned Cultist
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by vincenzo View Post
Yes it's great fun even now. As much as I enjoy Doom and Unreal there's something about Duke Nukem 3D (just checked and mine is the Atomic Edition). Carmageddon (plus the sequel Carpocalypse Now) and House Of The Dead are a couple more I've just found on my games disc - plus GTA: London.

"It's time to kick ass and chew bubble gum - and I'm all outta gum"
Yeah, I still love playing it, I bought it for my PC (Duke Nukem 3D) a while back and it's still a lot of fun. The one liners and little extras like being able to use the urnials etc are great.
I bought the original Doom trilogy a bit ago aswell. The first one does seem a bit too outdated now but Doom II and Final Doom are fun. Same goes for Quake and Quake II which I still play on my PS now and again.
Old 18th September 2008, 11:29 PM
Cult Addict
Senior Moderator Alumni

Quake 3: Arena is rip-roaring stuff. The original Unreal is great too.

I downloaded the full Duke Nukem 3D a while back from a vintage games site. Also got House Of The Dead 1 & 2, the scarce Wolfenstein sequel Spear Of Destiny, and the old Windows classic X-Com: UFO Defense. Great stuff.
Old 19th September 2008, 09:47 AM
Ex-member

Quote:
Originally Posted by reaper72 View Post
On a more modern note favourite PS1 games are:
METAL GEAR SOLID
SILENT HILL
RESIDENT EVIL.
I'm a fan of the Metal Gear series, although the last one was a bit disappointing due to it being way too easy and nothing more than a CGI movie that you interact with every now and again.

On a different note, some genius thought it would be a good idea to release Fallout3 the same day as LittleBigPlanet.
Old 19th September 2008, 10:25 AM
Seasoned Cultist
Good Trader

Resident Evil 2 will always be my favourite out of the series I think. Nemesis, Res 4 and Code Veronica are great games aswell and the first ones a classic but I'll always prefer 2 personally. Loved the concept of playing it from both sides and it features some of the best creatures from the series, the boss fights against William Birkin were brilliant.

Anyone ever play Resident Evil: Survivor? that was awful

Like this? Share it using the links below!