Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Entertainment > Gaming
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree59Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10th May 2009, 11:16 AM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Take Two have stated that despite the 360 having exclusive DLC for GTAIV sales was even across both consoles, even with Microsoft having the larger share of the console market with 13m units sold compared to Sonys 6m sold Stateside. The US sales are said to be an even split with the rest of the world.

Microsoft have only recovered £40m of the £50m it paid for the exclusive GTA content.
RockStar, the games creator has resigned with Take Two in a deal that keeps them there till 2012.
Old 11th May 2009, 09:09 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Duke Nukem developers go bust! Gutted!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/technology/8037688.stm

Letterboxd | Youtube | Twitter
Old 11th May 2009, 05:12 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Thats bad.
A few big companies , and who knows now many small indie developers have gone bust in the past 6 moths Loop's.

Its frightening now , as companies are getting afraid to give us somerhing new and fresh anymore , and are sticking to sequels or copies of profit making games more and more now.
Old 12th May 2009, 02:49 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

EA Sports, the holder of the NASCAR license are refusing to release NASCAR 2010 on the 2 super consoles anywhere.
The only NASCAR game to get a console release is NASCAR Karts, a Mario Kart type will get a Wii release from EA.

Certain shops have got wind of this and put the price of the 09 version back to full price.

EA's NASCAR series was a bit poor up till 09 when they released the best game to date, and sales worldwide have aways been good for the series.
Pity, I was really looking forward to this as I always bought EA's NASCAR game religiously every year, so thanks EA for rewarding my loyality
Old 12th May 2009, 07:07 PM
Active Cultist
Good Trader

Completed Call of Duty: World at War today.
Excellent game in every respect, great visuals, gore and story too, really makes you feel like youre in a war.
Great voiceovers too from Gary Oldman as your Russian CO, and Kiefer Sutherland as your as your American one.

On completion ive unlocked the awesome Nazi Zombie game aswell, where you have to survive as long as possible from undead Nazi soldiers, holed up in a ruined building.

Great stuff. Roll on COD: Modern Warfare II
'...I believe in murder...I believe in pain...I believe in cruelty and infidelity...I believe in slime...and every putrid crawling thing...and every possible ugliness..and corruption...you son of a bitch!...'
Old 12th May 2009, 07:47 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Good going Jim.
The zombie bonus game sounds good.

Have you played COD 4 yet.?

Is COD World at War the one that starts with you fighting the Japanese.?

Im looking for an FPS but theres so many its hard deciding, though I dont fancy Killzone 2 , but thats outta personal taste rather than KZ 2 being bad , as its not.
I quite fancy Blacksite , Area 51 for 360. I heard it was bad on PS3 but the 360 version was passible, its a good price too and I prefer fighting aliens to humans.
Anyone played it.?
Old 12th May 2009, 08:00 PM
Active Cultist
Good Trader

COD 5 is World at War Vips, i implore you to get it for a great FPS.!

I had COD 4 on the Wii, but it was atrocious, just didnt work well for the system at all, full of glitches.
'...I believe in murder...I believe in pain...I believe in cruelty and infidelity...I believe in slime...and every putrid crawling thing...and every possible ugliness..and corruption...you son of a bitch!...'
Old 13th May 2009, 01:25 AM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Whats next Jim.? You gonna be getting something new now.?

If you see JERICHO going cheap its worth getting for Clive Barkers story and creature design alone, though the game is good enough, nothing new but good solid gameplay and lush pin sharp 1080P graphics make it quite enjoyable , but if you dont use the 'free code' (Patch) the lowest of grunts take a hell of a lot of bullets to kill em. (2 full 30 rd mags)
No online mode though.

I think i'll go for COD-WaW. Jim.
It sounds to good to miss.
Old 13th May 2009, 12:38 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Does anyone remember a first person shooter for the pc called Blood?

Letterboxd | Youtube | Twitter
Old 13th May 2009, 04:32 PM
Active Cultist
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by vipco View Post
Whats next Jim.? You gonna be getting something new now.?

If you see JERICHO going cheap its worth getting for Clive Barkers story and creature design alone, though the game is good enough, nothing new but good solid gameplay and lush pin sharp 1080P graphics make it quite enjoyable , but if you dont use the 'free code' (Patch) the lowest of grunts take a hell of a lot of bullets to kill em. (2 full 30 rd mags)
No online mode though.

I think i'll go for COD-WaW. Jim.
It sounds to good to miss.
Yeah vips, bought Modern Warfare today
and it was COD 3 i had on the Wii that sucked ass, not COD 4, my mistake.

Like this? Share it using the links below!