All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree59Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 27th September 2008, 12:16 AM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Keep your games thread going Vip's-the prefix will get added mate....I know Stefan's busy with the new site.It's not a waste of time mate,a lot of members here seem to be interested in games...I haven't a clue-unless anyone's got a ZX SPECTRUM or a Commodore 64.......

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.
Old 27th September 2008, 10:17 AM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

No proplem Reap's. I'll just put the reviews on here.

I'll go over a few today and write them up tomorrow.
Old 27th September 2008, 12:16 PM
Seasoned Cultist
Good Trader

I assume that the Game website just hasn't been updated or something, because their info is way off. Check out Amazon.co.uk for reviews of the Arcade system, people talking left, right and middle about how happy they are that the consoles are now coming with HDMI as standard. Like I said above, I can speak first hand about the Pro model (or is it Premium now, can't remember) having a HDMI because I bought one a load of months back and made sure it did before I bought it.

You not fancy shelling out the extra 40 quid for the 20 gig hard drive vips? Seems like a bargain, although 129.99 for the Arcade version is good value an' all.
Old 27th September 2008, 02:46 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Looks like GAME have got stuck with a lot of older models they're trying to offload first on anyone who doesn't know better Trench as their site is updated weekly.

Thanks for printing the info Trench.
Argos are offering the same though thats more than likely just failure to update the catalouge info.

Thats exactly what I had in mind when I started this Thread, for gamers to point out bargains and info to help each other, and any new Gamers out.

I hope you did'nt think I doubted you Trench as I didnt.
I usually dont shop at GAME as they treat their customers poorly imo, often giving out misleading info to shoppers., like this for instance.

So anyone who's buying a new 360, read Trenchs posts first before you buy.

Nice one Trench.

On shelling out the extra on one with a Hardrive, I would, but im getting good loalyity discount on the arcade model which brings to down to under 100 so I cant really complain.
I only want it for a few MS exclusives games only like Amped 3, etc and will continue to use PS3 for multi media stuff , so hopefully the mem card will be big enough, if not then i'll get a separate HD.add on.

Last edited by vipco; 27th September 2008 at 02:57 PM.
Old 27th September 2008, 05:45 PM
Seasoned Cultist
Good Trader

Under a hundred is a gift on a plate really, isn't it? As far as older models are concerned, Argos tried to palm me off with an old one ages ago. Didn't realise until I got it home, then had to trek the whole way back for a refund. Went straight to Game, told the fella exactly what I wanted, got it there and then.

My advice to anyone thinking about getting an xbox is to make sure they contain the new chipset (and a HDMI connection of course). The older xboxes had some different chipset which overheated and caused the "Red Ring of Death", a fantastic name for a film, but an absolute tragedy for your xbox. Pretty much killed consoles.

Anyway, just make sure you ain't passed off some old model.
Old 27th September 2008, 08:01 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Just shows ya, if they can sell outdated stock to ya, they will.

I'd second Trench's advice and ask for exactly what you want as even GAME will be happy to sell old stock if their website is anything to go for.
If you ask for the model Trench describes then they gotta give you it , no matter how many old stock they got left, and as the price is the same it would be a shame to get passed of with old tech when HDMI tech will upscale your DVD's to a Hi Def standard.

Thanks again for sharing that with us all mate.
Old 2nd October 2008, 11:43 AM
Seasoned Cultist
Good Trader

Anyone played the game of 'The Thing'? I was browsing through my PS2 games the other day looking for something to get back into as I've completed them all before. Decided to go with this, I'd forgotten how good it is, a bit tough in parts but you really get sucked into it quickly.

Also started 'The Warriors' again, another great game. It's a bit limited (especially for a Rockstar game) but a lot of fun, especially if your a fan of the film.
Old 2nd October 2008, 12:24 PM
Ex-member

Quote:
Originally Posted by trench View Post

My advice to anyone thinking about getting an xbox is to make sure they contain the new chipset (and a HDMI connection of course). The older xboxes had some different chipset which overheated and caused the "Red Ring of Death", a fantastic name for a film, but an absolute tragedy for your xbox. Pretty much killed consoles.
The best example of the Xbox's RROD is in this video:

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=m-uZ2Z4C1KE
Old 2nd October 2008, 04:35 PM
Competitions Moderator
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by vipco View Post
Just shows ya, if they can sell outdated stock to ya, they will.

I'd second Trench's advice and ask for exactly what you want as even GAME will be happy to sell old stock if their website is anything to go for.
If you ask for the model Trench describes then they gotta give you it , no matter how many old stock they got left, and as the price is the same it would be a shame to get passed of with old tech when HDMI tech will upscale your DVD's to a Hi Def standard.

Thanks again for sharing that with us all mate.
I luv old stock! lol! I remember when I was doing my maths GCSEs, I went into Curry's or Dixens (some shop like that) and asked if they had any scientific calculators. They had some in old stock and guess how much they sold me it for? 1 PENCE! 1 PENCE! I am NOT lying by the way - it's the truth! AND they worked perfectly! lol - probs the best bargain I've even gotten.

Sorry, back to the topic;
Old 2nd October 2008, 05:46 PM
Ex-member

I relation to games, you might have noticed PC World and Currys selling off oldish stock for ?5. Well according to this it's going to be an ongoing thing:

http://www.hotukdeals.com/item/25176...tc-gaming-bar/

Like this? Share it using the links below!