Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Entertainment > Gaming
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree59Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 6th December 2010, 02:04 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

When I first got a X360 on launch day I was blew away with the first crop of HD games and had such high hopes for this generation of consoles, I then got PS3 on launch day and i've yet to see a game that makes me wanna shout "Game of the Year !" .

I so much wanted to say SVR11, but it aint great , just good, nothing special.
I like FIFA 11 and thats by far the best soccer game I ever played, but i'd have to say NFS Hot Pursuit is my best game this year.
It got me back playing online again plus I get such a rush everytime I play it .
Old 6th December 2010, 03:52 PM
Cultist

I was a big fan of the original Hot Pursuit game - NFS III: HP - so I think I may purchase the new NFS over the weekend. Heavy Rain was a very good game this year as I felt it was completely different to all the other games out there. It really impressed me.
Old 6th December 2010, 04:05 PM
Ex-member
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phats View Post
PES
It's a hell of a lot harder to play now isn't it.
Old 6th December 2010, 04:20 PM
Cultist

Yep. I don't really know why it is but playing PES feels like a chore most of the time whereas I feel more free when playing Fifa, although playing against the computer is ridiculous.
Old 6th December 2010, 11:25 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Quote:
I was a big fan of the original Hot Pursuit game - NFS III: HP - so I think I may purchase the new NFS over the weekend. Heavy Rain was a very good game this year as I felt it was completely different to all the other games out there. It really impressed me.
It rewards friends as each time a friend beats your time in any event your notified and it stays on your Wall till you beat it .
It's very much like the NFS HP games of old with the use of helicopters, stinger strips, emp etc when playing as a cop and boost, spikes, jammers etc for when you play as a racer . It's brilliant online as well Phats. A great fast racing game mate.
Old 6th December 2010, 11:29 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Quote:
Yep. I don't really know why it is but playing PES feels like a chore most of the time whereas I feel more free when playing Fifa, although playing against the computer is ridiculous.
I have FIFA 11 but im getting PES 11 as one of my b'day pressie's . I love FIFA but they never give you enough International teams . Under 40 in FIFA 11 , very litle African teams and no Wales .
On the plus side you do get Millwall in FIFA .
Old 7th December 2010, 12:00 AM
Cultist

Aye, they seemed to do it on purpose and packed in around 200 international teams in the World Cup game instead, then they give you such a paltry amount in the proper Fifa game. I think PES has more international teams which is mad since EA must be able to put in more than they have done. I didn't realise Wales aren't in there. I used them for a World Cup campaign in the WC game as Bale and Bellamy are lethal.

Do you still get the lights coming up, warning you of an oncoming police car? I have the day off on Friday and Monday so I'll have plenty of time to try out the game over the weekend and over Christmas.

Are you a Millwall fan then? I used to go down there a lot as my best mate is a fan. I do enjoy the choice of club teams in Fifa but it still needs a lot of improvement in other areas.
Old 7th December 2010, 09:58 AM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Supported them since I was 11 Phats . I been to The Den a few times many years ago but sadly haven't been able to get over to see them at The New Den as nobody ever wants to go with me .
I will have to make a point of getting over next year though .

Yeah, EA will keep the International teams for the next Euro and World Cup games.
I only noticed that Wales weren't included when I tried to set up a Home International tournament . At least they kept Northern Ireland in .

NFS HP.
Your rear mirror is like a cpu screen in NFS HP and shows a light blue grid style background with no detail only Racers , Traffic and Cops show as different one color cars so its easy to see any car come up behind you and spike them plus it flashes red/blue at the bottom when cops are waiting up ahead , which is quite often. The camera also shows the waiting cop car ahead and what class it is.
You can play just a straight race, no cop's or various chase races involving cop's of different levels . Those races become quite intense as the cop's really try to nail you.

The sense of speed and has been upped for this outting and races / chases are very tight as the AI are out to win give and you a good close race each time so its pretty edge of the seat gaming and the Online modes are a real blast.

The next NFS game, NFS Shift 2 Unleashed , is due out Spring 2011 by EA's Slightly Mad Studio's who done last years game . It's the legal track racing version.
Old 17th December 2010, 10:07 AM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

DLC Pack 2 for SVR11 is out 21st Dec . I just hope they release the fix Patch soon as the games pretty bugged.
Old 17th December 2010, 06:51 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Sony are to release a full size replica Space Marine Assault Rifle for KillZone 3 that houses the PSMove controller.
The game will be out around March 2011 and is Sterioscopic 3D as well as Move enabled.

Like this? Share it using the links below!