Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Entertainment > Gaming
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree59Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 9th February 2009, 12:24 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Apparently the new Wolfenstein is going to be open, with no set route through each level, so you tackle objectives any way you want , much like MOH Airbone.
Thats a bit off putting. I much prefer a start and a predetermant route to the end.
It keeps the story flowing better. imho
Old 9th February 2009, 12:29 PM
Cult Rookie

I'm really hoping Doom 4 is going to be more like the original games than Doom 3 was. Don't get me wrong, I'm one of the people who though Doom 3 was a good game, just not a good Doom game...

And yes, (the majority of) today's games are much easier than the games of yore.

Anyone had a read of the Retroaction mag? Thoughts?
Old 9th February 2009, 02:52 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

The Amstrad CPC 464 was the very first console I got back in the late '80s shortly before becoming a Nintendo addict. I spent a lot of time with my dad and sister on it playing wonderful games such as Dizzy, Trap Door, Oh Mummy, Batman, Friday The 13th, The House Of Usher and way more. Unfortunately the machine broke down and soon after I got a NES and never looked back. It always saddened me that we never replaced it and I've no idea where the games are. They were either sold, thrown away, lost or are somewhere up in the deep depths of the attic. I actually sold a load of video games for the SNES back in the mid-'90s and others are missing, as an adult now full of nostalgia I often regret that deeply, but anyway, I'm digressing.

Having recently rediscovered the Trap Door clayanimation series I became nostalgic and bought a job lot of CPC games (around 80 in total) from eBay for a bargain £12 in total. It was about the only bright spark on what's been a very difficult past week for me, but I won't get into that.

This brings me onto...

Quote:
Originally Posted by siccoyote View Post
I have 2 Amstrad 464s with green screens (with a bunch of games) for sale.
I am interested. How much are you after and how much would postage be?
Old 9th February 2009, 03:32 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Dunc, I had a look into your mag but unfortunately I can't download it as im using PS3 to get online.
What I saw of it though was very professional and well presented.
I would urge anyone with even the slightest interest in 'Retro' gaming to check it out as its jam packed full of stuff.
The 'GAMESMASTER section looked excellent, im quite annoyed about not being able to access that.
Have you any plans to include 3DO & JAG.?
Why not use the mags link in your signature Dunc.?

I to started with Nintendo Cloud , but it was a casual thing. It was'nt till the 3DO & JAG appeared that I became obcessed.
I avoided Playstation for as long as pos, going for the Saturn, N64 ,DC , XBox / 360 before being forced into the Playstation family with 1 & 2 at various stages and now 3.
PS3 is the only one I like.

Im currently looking for an Atari Jaguar with games. If I can get a JAG & CD add on with at least 6 or 7 of the 10 games im after l'll be a happy man.(Though after my last couple of attempts to buy of ebay im not expecting to get one anytime soon.)

Last edited by vipco; 9th February 2009 at 04:03 PM.
Old 9th February 2009, 03:58 PM
Cult Addict
Senior Moderator Alumni

I have a PC/DOS version of House Of Usher which I dig out now and again.
Old 9th February 2009, 07:00 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Send a message via MSN to siccoyote

Well I was going to say £15 and you'd have to come up to Burton to collect it.

But I see someone's selling one on Ebay that's in Birmingham and free if collected although that one has a faulty tape drive.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...m=170299799922

Mine are in full working order and fully tested(though all the games are not)

I wouldn't want to risk posting them.
Old 10th February 2009, 10:15 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

Thanks for the link. I'll keep an eye on it because with it being nearby it'd would be wise to bid for it. The only problem is the broken tape player, with it being such an old console I doubt I'd find parts anywhere to fix it, so I dunno if it'll be worth buying. I tell you what, if I don't get that one or decide to leave it (I'm gonna ask around to see how easily it can be fixed) then we'll talk afterwards. I'm still very much interested in yours but I don't own a car so getting down to your end would be a non-starter to be honest. Couldn't it be sent off recorded delivery? I'd be willing to pay the difference.
Old 10th February 2009, 11:53 AM
Seasoned Cultist

Send a message via MSN to siccoyote

it's not so much the weight but the shape, there's the big square box of the monitor and a big long keyboard.

But anyway maybe we can sort something out just let me know.
Old 11th February 2009, 09:19 AM
Cult Rookie

Thanks for the kind words, Vips. I've now sig'd the mag too. I'm sure some coverage of the 3DO and Jaguar will appear at some point. I can't really write any articles on this myself as I have zero experience with these systems, but I'll see if any of the other writers are planning anything...
Old 11th February 2009, 01:56 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

I found myself playing on the N64 version of Shadows Of The Empire last night & got quite into it.A ropey looking game now though as one of the launch titles it never looked great & the expansion pak is no help as it's not a compatable title.I'm after Road Rash 64 & Vigilante 8 -Second Offence on the console if anyone has them anywhere.I had a PS2 & Xbox 360 but for me you can't beat Rare's Goldeneye (Perfect Dark too to a lesser extent)

Like this? Share it using the links below!