Go Back   Cult Labs > Entertainment > Gaming

Like Tree59Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 18th July 2022, 06:38 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordicdusk View Post
Im excited for the RE4 remake so far all the remakes have been great yes RE3 was missing a lot and was very short but still a great game and it looked beautiful. I agree that RE4 is a tad overrated but its still a great game. As long as Capcom keep putting the love and attention into these remakes ill keep buying them because its not half arsed.
RE4 I binged on that game and sadly still do return to it every so often along with Resident Evil: Dead Aim
Nordicdusk likes this.
Old 20th July 2022, 12:14 AM
Thompson

Default Resident Evil on Netflix. Pointless, indeed...

I've yet to watch any episodes. But to be honest, I don't think I'm over the moon about it.

I'm actually fed up of Capcom and the industry in general, milking franchises. Capcom has been messing up RE now for years, with these half-assed games, and remakes, and their undying love for revisiting Raccoon City.

Just how many takes can you do on the same story, really? They had the city destroyed in Resident Evil 3: Nemesis, a video game from all the way back in 1999 on the PS1. Yet every few years or so, I hear something about a remake, an animated series, a movie reboot, a TV adaption, or whatever, that is set in the year 1998. Although it's more or less supposed to be the same premise, just altered each time. Then fans notice things get cut, or changed. It's absolutely dumb, and it's not advancing things ahead.

But hey. You know they're churning out more RE content like the RE4 remake, because it's a series where so many simpletons relish defending the cut content. Capcom knows it, too. No-one puts their foot down anymore. Plus, even though RE4 is not all that scary, that's the game that fans seem to support the most, so it already got so many ports over the years, to the point you could even play it on a mobile phone.

Like, if I'm going to pay over £40 for a new game, even if it is a remake of some overrated, fake ass, horror shooter from 2005, considering how the price of games is going up, we want value for our money. Not some walk in the park, like the RE3 remake was.

RE4 is a great game, but saying it's truly linked to the older games, is laughable. Technically, it is, but it doesn't feel like it's even really much of a sequel to anything, mostly because the gameplay and the story is so different from everything built upon in the previous entries.
Old 20th July 2022, 05:19 PM
Cult Master
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

Which RE games do you think are half arsed ?
Old 20th July 2022, 05:22 PM
Cult Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBarlow View Post
RE4 I binged on that game and sadly still do return to it every so often along with Resident Evil: Dead Aim
I used to keep going back to RE2 until the remake came out now i keep going back to that im going to play it now in PS4 after playing the Xbox version through numerous times
nosferatu42 and MrBarlow like this.
Old 20th July 2022, 06:02 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

I have returned to playing this for a time I been off

header.jpg

And Resident Evil 3

Last edited by MrBarlow; 20th July 2022 at 06:18 PM.
Old 21st July 2022, 07:17 PM
Thompson

Awkward

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordicdusk View Post
Which RE games do you think are half arsed ?
I think I recognize your signature. It's from Carnival of Souls. Right?

Well, RE4 may not be what one could label as being half-assed, but I never understood back then or even nowadays, why people think RE4 is much of a sequel to anything. The game basically begins with a cutscene, explaining the downfall of Umbrella, and the subsequent story has nothing to do with RE whatsoever. So all of the build up in the franchise didn't amount to much, because it took just 2 minutes to kill everything Capcom just chucked into the franchise in the previous games. Ken what I mean?

But as for actual crappy RE games, you cannot go wrong in the shite department with the RE3 remake. It's actually worse than RE6. Somehow, there is a RE game that is worse than RE6. Yep!
Old 21st July 2022, 08:24 PM
Cult Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thompson View Post
I think I recognize your signature. It's from Carnival of Souls. Right?

Well, RE4 may not be what one could label as being half-assed, but I never understood back then or even nowadays, why people think RE4 is much of a sequel to anything. The game basically begins with a cutscene, explaining the downfall of Umbrella, and the subsequent story has nothing to do with RE whatsoever. So all of the build up in the franchise didn't amount to much, because it took just 2 minutes to kill everything Capcom just chucked into the franchise in the previous games. Ken what I mean?

But as for actual crappy RE games, you cannot go wrong in the shite department with the RE3 remake. It's actually worse than RE6. Somehow, there is a RE game that is worse than RE6. Yep!
Yes the RE3 remake i did feel a bit short changed a large chuck of the game was cut out it was very short i did enjoy the game for what it was plus i paid less than €20 for it and it was a let down compared to RE2 remake. The RE game i never completed was RE6 i just never took to it at all.
Old 22nd July 2022, 08:43 AM
Thompson

Before RE4 came out, I think they should have did one last game about the characters fighting Umbrella. Then they could have ended the original storyline in a more fitting or acceptable way. It felt like a waste when they built up a storyline with the characters surviving all these outbreaks, just to deny fans getting to see the company's downfall in a way that could have both closed the book, as well as satisfied gamers.

Of course, there was that crappy Wii rail shooter, that was kind of Capcom's way of making it up to the fans. But honestly, who wants a rail shooter? LOL.

RE4 is a great game, but it never felt like Capcom even wanted it to be fully correlated with what happened throughout the previous games. It's like they just have references in the game about what occurred, so people assume it's connected. If you took those out, then there's nothing of notability.
Old 27th July 2022, 04:34 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Ppl are in uproar and complaining about new gta6

Grand Theft Auto 6 will reportedly feature the series’ first female protagonist.

https://www.digitaltrends.com/gaming...otagonist/?amp
Old 27th July 2022, 05:23 PM
Cult Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by gag View Post
Ppl are in uproar and complaining about new gta6

Grand Theft Auto 6 will reportedly feature the series’ first female protagonist.

https://www.digitaltrends.com/gaming...otagonist/?amp
I would love a kick ass female lead but it needs to be done right like Elizabeta Torres in GTA 4 . I usually play games as a female if i can just always feels more bad ass kicking dudes asses as a woman

Like this? Share it using the links below!