All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree60Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 9th November 2012, 10:06 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike View Post
I can't remember what it was (a glitch in the game probably) but i'm sure Level 32 had a place you could stand / hide where you could kill them but they always failed to hit you.

This has whetted my appetite now, i may have to dig out Final Doom tomorrow and play it again.
FINAL DOOM is great but you can tell some of the levels were designed by non-professional programmers. The Plutionia levels are unbelievably hard.

Letterboxd | Youtube | Twitter
Old 9th November 2012, 10:12 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rik View Post
I'm currently installing the DOOM Collector's Edition on my PC, which contains all 3 original games, I hope they bloody work as I've never put them on this PC!
I've got them for the PS1, Sega Saturn, Xbox (they come with Resurrection of Evil), Xbox 360 (with DOOM 3 BFG) and the PC. I had to though since they all have unique things not found on each other. (I can list them if anyone wants to know)
Demoncrat likes this.

Old 9th November 2012, 10:14 PM
Cult Veteran
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Bastard! I've installed them but they won't play properly, the only way to describe how it looks is a tenth generation VHS, and because I'm not computer expert I've no idea how to sort it, gonna have to buy the Xbox version earlier than I'd planned now
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 9th November 2012, 10:16 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

On the final level on Return to Castle Wolfenstein for the PS2 there is a tree, i think, it could be a bit of ruin, you can take cover in where you never get shot.
Demoncrat likes this.
Old 9th November 2012, 10:17 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Bastard! I've installed them but they won't play properly, the only way to describe how it looks is a tenth generation VHS, and because I'm not computer expert I've no idea how to sort it, gonna have to buy the Xbox version earlier than I'd planned now
Buy them from Steam for £2.99, they should install perfectly.
Demoncrat likes this.

Old 9th November 2012, 10:21 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

DOOM 64 is a great game, all the levels are exclusive to the N64 and it has a new end boss and weapon called the Unmaker. I believe it was originally going to be DOOM 3.

Old 9th November 2012, 10:23 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike View Post
On the final level on Return to Castle Wolfenstein for the PS2 there is a tree, i think, it could be a bit of ruin, you can take cover in where you never get shot.
RTCW is a great game, definitely one of my favourites.
Demdike@Cult Labs likes this.

Old 9th November 2012, 11:03 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Sorted it after a bit of searching on Google
Pete likes this.
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 10th November 2012, 10:29 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Any love for EXHUMED (aka POWERSLAVE in the USA)?

One of my favourite from the 90's, you play a soldier/marine (not quite sure tbh) and you have to wade through Egypt and rescue the mummified corpse of the God Ramses which has been stolen by Aliens intent on using as part of their plan to take over the world. You also need to find missing transmitter parts which are necessary if you want the good ending.

It's got great graphics (unlike most FPS from the period it uses a true 3D engine), the levels are well designed, there is nice array of weapons from the standard Pistol and Machine Gun to Mystical weapons like Mummy's staffs, the 'Ring of Ra' (which allows the player to summon fireballs). The controls are excellent - though if your used to modern shooters you may find using the 'D'-Pad a bit difficult to get used to.

It's worth noting that the earlier PC version (which I've never played) contains the same weapons, enemies and power-ups but completely different levels, which were designed using the Build engine previously used for DUKE NUKEM and BLOOD.

(not my screen grabs btw)

vipco and Demoncrat like this.

Old 10th November 2012, 11:41 AM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Although I played a lot of earlier FPS games - Doom, Quake etc - it was Return To Castle Wolfenstein that I look back on most fondly.

I also remember spending an awful lot of time on Medal of Honor: Allied Assault.

Like this? Share it using the links below!