Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Entertainment > Gaming
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree63Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 29th January 2013, 07:07 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

It will probably find some baddies hidden away.
Old 29th January 2013, 07:09 PM
Cult Master
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdc View Post
It will probably find some baddies hidden away.
It sure did 11 of them all dealt with now thanks a million for the help.
Old 29th January 2013, 07:20 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

No problem.
Old 1st February 2013, 07:20 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Seriously thinking of switching from Opera to Firefox again after many years...Firefox just seems to load all pages faster...any thoughts?
I do love the Opera interface...

I noticed this at work on my Windows 7/I5 machine...pages loading a lot faster (Firefox)...so I tried it at home with Firefox and my Vista/Core 2 Duo.
Firefox displayed the same fast load times.
Old 1st February 2013, 07:36 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

I find Google Chrome a lot quicker than Firefox.
Old 1st February 2013, 07:38 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Seriously?
I might need to give that a try then?

How's Chrome's interface Dem?
Old 1st February 2013, 07:47 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Seriously?
I might need to give that a try then?

How's Chrome's interface Dem?
I copied this for you.

By default, the main user interface includes back, forward, refresh/cancel and menu buttons. A home button is not shown by default, but can be added through the Settings page to take the user to the new tab page or a custom home page.[188]
Tabs are the main component of Chrome's user interface and as such, have been moved to the top of the window rather than below the controls. This subtle change contrasts with many existing tabbed browsers which are based on windows and contain tabs. Tabs, with their state, can be transferred seamlessly between window containers by dragging. Each tab has its own set of controls, including the Omnibox.[16]
The Omnibox is a URL box that combines the functions of both the address bar and search box. If a user enters the URL of a site previously searched from, Chrome allows pressing Tab to search the site again directly from the Omnibox. When a user starts typing in the Omnibox, Chrome provides suggestions for previously visited sites (based on the URL or in-page text), popular websites (not necessarily visited before — powered by Google Instant), and popular searches. Although Instant can be turned off, suggestions based on previously visited sites cannot be turned off. Chrome will also autocomplete the URLs of sites visited often.[16] If a user types keywords into the Omnibox that don't match any previously visited websites and presses enter, Chrome will conduct the search using the default search engine.
One of Chrome's differentiating features is the New Tab Page, which can replace the browser home page and is displayed when a new tab is created. Originally, this showed thumbnails of the nine most visited web sites, along with frequent searches, recent bookmarks, and recently closed tabs; similar to Internet Explorer and Firefox with Google Toolbar, or Opera's Speed Dial.[16] In Google Chrome 2.0, the New Tab Page was updated to allow users to hide thumbnails they did not want to appear.[189]
Starting in version 3.0, the New Tab Page was revamped to display thumbnails of the eight most visited web sites. The thumbnails could be rearranged, pinned, and removed. Alternatively, a list of text links could be displayed instead of thumbnails. It also features a "Recently closed" bar that shows recently closed tabs and a "tips" section that displays hints and tricks for using the browser.[190]

Google Chrome logos. Top: 3D motif from project start until March 2011. Bottom: 2D motif from March 2011 to present.
Chrome includes a bookmark manager that can be opened from a menu. Adding the command-line option --bookmark-menu adds a bookmarks button to the right of the Omnibox that can be used in place of the bookmarks bar.[191] As of 2009, this function was unavailable on the Linux and Mac platforms.[192]
Popup windows are associated with the tab they came from and will not appear outside the tab unless the user explicitly drags them out.[16]
For web developers, Chrome features an element inspector similar to the one in Firebug.[173]
Chrome has special URLs that load application-specific pages instead of websites or files on disk. Chrome also has a built-in ability to enable experimental features. Originally called about:labs, the address was changed to about:flags to make it less obvious to casual users.[193][194]
In March 2011, Google introduced a new simplified logo to replace the previous 3D logo that had been used since the project's inception. Google designer Steve Rura explained the company reasoning for the change: "Since Chrome is all about making your web experience as easy and clutter-free as possible, we refreshed the Chrome icon to better represent these sentiments. A simpler icon embodies the Chrome spirit – to make the web quicker, lighter, and easier for all."[71]

I used to use Internet Explorer and had done for years but it became very slow.

When i first installed Chrome i hated it, for about two minutes. I don't like change but now love it.

A lot of things are hidden away, but are simple to use. I used to like a cluttered browser but not anymore.
bdc likes this.
Old 1st February 2013, 07:50 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Thanks for taking the trouble Dem,I'll have a look/try...
I'll probably uninstall another browser before I install Chrome though,3 browsers is plenty but 4 is just too much.
Demdike@Cult Labs likes this.
Old 1st February 2013, 07:52 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Btw do you know if it uses a separate flashplayer plugin (like Opera)?
Old 1st February 2013, 07:52 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Thanks for taking the trouble Dem,I'll have a look/try...
I'll probably uninstall another browser before I install Chrome though,3 browsers is plenty but 4 is just too much.
I keep Firefox installed and use it occasionally, but 95% of browsing is done via Chrome.
bdc likes this.

Like this? Share it using the links below!