Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > General Film Discussions

Like Tree642Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 25th March 2018, 09:07 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Am watching The New Shock Of The New, Robert Hughes' follow up to his 1982 piece about art and the artists that make it. Hughes isn't afeared to offer an opinion either.

F Is For Fake (1973, Orson Welles)
Now this is fun. The Blair Witch of documentaries . Ever since I saw this on Moviedrome I've loved this cracked patchwork of deceit and half truth.

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 26th March 2018, 07:11 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

WW III

Hysterical murican fantasy disguised as sober foreshadowing. Made for those real perverts. Contained some footage of genuine atrocities in amongst the stock footage that makes up the visual aspect. Appallingly funny. Not as scary as The Happiness Patrol either

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 7th April 2018, 09:40 PM
Cult Acolyte

Default Godfather of Gore: Herschell Gordan Lewis

Godfather of Gore: Herschell Gordan Lewis.
Anybody with even a grudging respect for Mr lewis should check out this documentary made by Basket Case director Frank Henenlotter. It pretty much goes over every film he and his buddy Freidman made from the early nudie cuties right up to GORE GORE GIRLS and beyond where he became a marketing guru.And While none of the info is particularly ground breaking or new to anyone who has read about him,its nice to see H.G Lewis and friends talking about the good old days...While most doc's get bogged down with too many talking head shots and a plethra of geeky fan boys paying homage, they manage to keep it to a minimum with the likes of David Friedman, Joe Bob Briggs, John Waters and Frank Hennenlotter.I have to say I find most film doc's fairly redundant,your either given regurgitated 2nd hand information verbatim or you just end up hearing someone gush about the first time they saw the directors film....well you do get that here also but with added tongue...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 91JXhV9OpFL._SL1500_.jpg (96.8 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg 61tVaxVvybL._SL1024_.jpg (88.3 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg 61cDMDkD9xL._SL1024_.jpg (85.9 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg 61UVKINkzTL._SL1024_.jpg (81.6 KB, 2 views)

Old 24th October 2018, 06:53 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

To Hell And Back: The Kane Hodder Story

Not quite the Jasonfest I thought it would be, which was a good thing overall. Learn a lot about the man behind the mask ... I certainly did.

[B]
Old 24th October 2018, 09:38 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demoncrat View Post
To Hell And Back: The Kane Hodder Story

Not quite the Jasonfest I thought it would be, which was a good thing overall. Learn a lot about the man behind the mask ... I certainly did.
It was nice to see his name as stunt / fight arranger when i re-watched Zombie's The Devil's Rejects last night.

No matter what people think of Zombie's films he deserves praise for giving the old guard work. Ken Foree also had a sizable role in the film.
Old 26th January 2019, 01:04 AM
Cult Master

Two episodes in to the 4 part documentary the Ted Bundy Tapes so far it's great hear it in his own words is pretty crazy. Anyone how has a fasination with serial killers should give this a watch it's on netflix as of today.
Old 27th January 2019, 12:47 AM
Cult Master

Finished The Bundy Tapes tonight great stuff his courtroom antics really were the final nail in his coffin it's scary to think with a proper defence team he might just have gotten away with it. Well spoken charismatic and always a step ahead of the law but his thirst for attention causes him to make many mistakes but sadly not enough mistakes to saves the lives of the 30 none of young woman that died at his hands. Lack of communication between law enforcement across America also had a major part to play in how easy Ted Bundy found it to travel between states killing as he pleased. Alot of people have blood on their hands here.

Well worth checking out.
Old 27th January 2019, 01:00 AM
Cult Master

abducted-in-plain-sight-netflix.jpg

This is one crazy documentary the initial story is alone pretty scary stuff where a guy befriends a family and falls in love with their 12 year old daughter. He kidnappes her and brainwashes her into falling in love with him. After she is returned safely to her family the child rebels constantly against her family and he manages to kidnapp her a second time.

But there are way more crazier things going on here the kids parents can only be stupid or extremely gullible with the things they allow happen to their child . There was one part that just blew my mind and almost ruined the whole documentery everytime the person appeared or spoke. If you watch it you will know it when it happens 😄

When you think about what's going on its scary as hell but there are so many other crazy unbelievable things going on in started to feel this was some sort of joke rather than the horrific thing it was supposed to be. Gives a new meaning to truth is stranger than fiction.

7/10
Old 27th January 2019, 12:39 PM
Moderator Alumni
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordicdusk View Post
Finished The Bundy Tapes tonight great stuff his courtroom antics really were the final nail in his coffin it's scary to think with a proper defence team he might just have gotten away with it. Well spoken charismatic and always a step ahead of the law but his thirst for attention causes him to make many mistakes but sadly not enough mistakes to saves the lives of the 30 none of young woman that died at his hands. Lack of communication between law enforcement across America also had a major part to play in how easy Ted Bundy found it to travel between states killing as he pleased. Alot of people have blood on their hands here.

Well worth checking out.
I've seen this advertised on Netflix and quite fancy checking it out.
Nordicdusk likes this.
Old 27th January 2019, 01:07 PM
Cultist

The Bundy Tapes is genuinely unsettling, mainly because of how charming and normal Bundy can often be. A different profile to most Serial Killers.

Sent from my Nokia 7 plus using Tapatalk
Nordicdusk likes this.

Like this? Share it using the links below!