Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

Gigantor 28th January 2010 11:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nekromantik (Post 59940)
Inside is over-rated me thinks.

INSIDE is overrated I knows.

vincenzo 28th January 2010 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rob Strange (Post 59926)
A brilliant, brilliant film. One of my top ten horror films. Good price, too.

Excellent film, I agree. The original Diabolique is also a French classic. The remake was simply diaboliqual.

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 28th January 2010 01:04 PM

I just pre-ordered Arrow's forthcoming Two Evil Eyes from HMV for the bargain price of £5.99. :thumb:

Rob Strange 28th January 2010 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nekromantik (Post 59940)
Inside is over-rated me thinks.

Have to agree. Inside is very silly. Quite like an early Peter Jackson film minus the self-awareness. Whoever suggested the CG baby-cam deserves to be terrorised by the Terminator-esque Beatrice Dalle for a whole month.

Martyrs I'm growing to like quite a bit - it's full of such potent horror imagery that whatever flaws it has are forgivable.

Rob Strange 28th January 2010 01:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vincenzo (Post 59965)
The original Diabolique is also a French classic. The remake was simply diaboliqual.

Diabolique is a wonderful film. Luckily, I've managed to avoid the Sharon Stone 'reimaging':rolleyes: thus far.

LineSix 28th January 2010 01:30 PM

I picked up a film called Wild Side, directed by Donald Cammell and starring Christopher Walken, Anne Heche and Joan Chen (who I will now always know as Josie Packard from Twin Peaks). Apparently the director killed himself when the film was cut by the producer, seems a pretty extreme thing to do to be honest. :eek:

antmumford 28th January 2010 01:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Daemonia (Post 59065)
The Blu-ray of Leon is up for a view this weekend. :D

After seeing the Optimum Blu-ray of Stargate my faith in the company is restored. But Near Dark needs more attention IMO.

Did you watch Leon in the end? What did you think?

BioZombie 28th January 2010 02:10 PM

Went to CEX today and picked up Macarbre (Arrorow), Darkman and for some reason I picked up a film called Ninja Terminator for 50p.

Pigasus 28th January 2010 02:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rob Strange (Post 59986)
Diabolique is a wonderful film. Luckily, I've managed to avoid the Sharon Stone 'reimaging':rolleyes: thus far.

I quite liked the remake... but admit I'd watch Isabelle Adjani in anything...
;)

Rob Strange 28th January 2010 03:34 PM

She is stunning. But luckily she's been in genuinely great films like The Tenant, so I don't have to offend the movie gods by watching her in a cash-in remake. Best of both worlds. ;)