Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

Stephen@Cult Labs 24th September 2011 11:03 AM

It matches the other 4, which i kinda liked, it's just that this one has crap artwork. Would have been much better with the art on the UK blu-ray. Really had no choice on which version I bought though. Can't stand the cover calling in Fast & Furious 5 over here.

http://tapatalk.com/mu/5c021627-b8db-ad11.jpghttp://tapatalk.com/mu/5c021627-b8ef-097f.jpghttp://tapatalk.com/mu/5c021627-b8fb-262c.jpghttp://tapatalk.com/mu/5c021627-b907-e84e.jpg

Phurious 24th September 2011 05:03 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Three videos arrived courtesy of Amazon Marketplace and eBay (all cheapies (2 or less), particularly chuffed for Zone Troopers as that has gone for 10+ in the past.

Phurious 24th September 2011 05:12 PM

5 Attachment(s)
Someone mentioned on here (or another thread) about base.com where you can get 5 DVDs for a tenner, so I did and I got 'em.
Seen three of them before (I'm particularly looking forward to watching The Hunted and The Hidden again because of the Shinkansen massacre in the former and the cool gun in the latter). I picked up Intolerance because of Mark Cousin's fantastic series The Story Of Film and In Dreams, well I dunno really; Neil Jordan and Robert Downey Jr. it can't be all that bad eh?
And Freejack - just curious to see if it was as dull as I remember :)

Slippery Jack 24th September 2011 05:13 PM

"Klaus Kinski. He seduces them in his mind and traps them in his... crawlspace!"

Slander :lol: . . .

pedromonkey 24th September 2011 05:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phurious (Post 183854)
Someone mentioned on here (or another thread) about base.com where you can get 5 DVDs for a tenner, so I did and I got 'em.
Seen three of them before (I'm particularly looking forward to watching The Hunted and The Hidden again because of the Shinkansen massacre in the former and the cool gun in the latter). I picked up Intolerance because of Mark Cousin's fantastic series The Story Of Film and In Dreams, well I dunno really; Neil Jordan and Robert Downey Jr. it can't be all that bad eh?
And Freejack - just curious to see if it was as dull as I remember :)

The Hidden is top quality entertainment, I reviewed it some time ago.
CINE-APOCALYPSE: THE HIDDEN (1987) REVIEW

i totally forgot about The Hunted, i sort of remember it being pretty good, isn't there a scene on a plane with a sword fight. Anywhoo great pick ups.

Phurious 24th September 2011 05:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pedromonkey (Post 183859)
The Hidden is top quality entertainment, I reviewed it some time ago.
CINE-APOCALYPSE: THE HIDDEN (1987) REVIEW

i totally forgot about The Hunted, i sort of remember it being pretty good, isn't there a scene on a plane with a sword fight. Anywhoo great pick ups.

It's on the Shinkansen aka. bullet train. I remember being absolutely blown away and horrified by it when I saw it on TV.

Will check your review after rewatching it. Want to be relatively cold as I haven't seen it for 20 yrs!

Stephen@Cult Labs 24th September 2011 05:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phurious (Post 183854)
Someone mentioned on here (or another thread) about base.com where you can get 5 DVDs for a tenner, so I did and I got 'em.
Seen three of them before (I'm particularly looking forward to watching The Hunted and The Hidden again because of the Shinkansen massacre in the former and the cool gun in the latter). I picked up Intolerance because of Mark Cousin's fantastic series The Story Of Film and In Dreams, well I dunno really; Neil Jordan and Robert Downey Jr. it can't be all that bad eh?
And Freejack - just curious to see if it was as dull as I remember :)

The Hunted is pretty cool, and I actually like Freejack. I was pretty bummed when it was released because there was a great still from the movie in Fangoria, showing the "entertainment" at the Industrial Revolution Club. In the film, Alex walks down the stairs and sees a large steel shutter lift at the front of the stage. You quickly glimpse someone and nothing more. The still in Fangoria showed someone being beheaded with a sword. You can still hear the crowd cheering at a certain point, presumably as the guy loses his head. No idea why they didn't use it.

Stephen@Cult Labs 24th September 2011 05:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phurious (Post 183846)
Three videos arrived courtesy of Amazon Marketplace and eBay (all cheapies (2 or less), particularly chuffed for Zone Troopers as that has gone for 10+ in the past.

I still have that Zone Troopers vhs. Tim Thomerson is one of my favourite actors. And the guy's funny as hell.

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 24th September 2011 05:36 PM

Just ordered:

http://a.dv1.us/p1/353/162353-d0.jpg http://c.dv1.us/p1/108/169108-d0.jpg http://a.dv1.us/p1/784/161784-d0.jpg
http://c.dv1.us/p1/107/169107-d0.jpg http://b.dv1.us/p1/445/167445-d0.jpg http://c.dv1.us/p1/729/163729-d0.jpg

Plus, ordered the other day from Amazon:

http://a.dv1.us/p1/774/152774-d1.jpg

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 24th September 2011 05:44 PM

Just ordered:

The Image (Synapse BD)
Island of Lost Souls (Criterion BD)
Kiss Me Deadly (Criterion BD)
Kuroneko (Criterion BD)
The Phantom Carriage (Criterion BD)
The Women in Cages Collection: Triple Feature (Shout Factory BD)


All times are GMT. The time now is 05:43 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2
Copyright © 2014 Cult Laboratories Ltd. All rights reserved.