Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

it'smebilly 15th May 2015 10:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J Harker (Post 449551)

Really like that steelbook. What's the transfer like?

iank 15th May 2015 10:18 PM

Love the username. ;)

Vipp 16th May 2015 09:16 AM

1 Attachment(s)
A few days ago Sharon from the forum was talking about 'Who can kill a child' and now i own it, MTDS had better be careful, she is very persuasive. Haha. I look forward to watching it later. I also won Wyrmwood from @Fetchpubilicity on twitter. :)

Sobral 16th May 2015 09:35 AM

Kill A Child is great, one of the best of all spanish horror, and there are some gems in the genre.
Not even that one escaped the remake fever, stay away from it...

Vipp 16th May 2015 09:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sobral (Post 449809)
Kill A Child is great, one of the best of all spanish horror, and there are some gems in the genre.
Not even that one escaped the remake fever, stay away from it...

Does the remake have the same name? thanks for the heads up. :)

monkeypedro 16th May 2015 10:58 AM

4 Attachment(s)
This weeks deliveries.

Managed to finally get a copy of Mansion of Madness to complete the whole Mondo Macabro collection although it came at a cost (30.99).

Off Ebay i got a bundle of 4 Noshame releases from a US seller which worked out under a just tenner each including Customs and shipping fees so happy with that but now have a spare copy of Last Days of Mussolini to sell.

Only after 3 more Noshame releases now which are Massacre in Rome, Boccaciao 70 and Giovannona Long Thigh (Which i used to own but now regret selling it years ago)

Nordicdusk 16th May 2015 11:05 AM

Whats the inside image of The Crow steelbook?

monkeypedro 16th May 2015 11:14 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nordicdusk (Post 449823)
Whats the inside image of The Crow steelbook?

Not opened it yet as need to get some steelbook protective sleeves but this is the image of the inside on the zavvi website.

J Harker 16th May 2015 11:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by it'smebilly (Post 449777)
Really like that steelbook. What's the transfer like?

I've had a flick through and while there's nothing wrong with the transfer it doesn't seem a massive upgrade on the dvd. The sound is only standard DTS too rather than an HD Master.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nordicdusk (Post 449823)
Whats the inside image of The Crow steelbook?

Generic shots from the film
http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/05...feeb3c17f4.jpg

Still its a massive improvement on this shit
http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/05...9dbfe63c62.jpg
Always hated this cover.

Nordicdusk 16th May 2015 11:32 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Shame they put the front art inside too should of been one of these

Attachment 163701 Attachment 163702

J Harker 16th May 2015 11:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vipp (Post 449807)
A few days ago Sharon from the forum was talking about 'Who can kill a child' and now i own it, MTDS had better be careful, she is very persuasive. Haha. I look forward to watching it later. I also won Wyrmwood from @Fetchpubilicity on twitter. :)

Assuming we're talking about the original film it is bloody brilliant. I only watched it for the first time myself a few weeks back and now its one of my very favourite horrors.
And the Eureka dvd if thats the version you got looks superb too.

MuckyFunster 16th May 2015 11:41 AM

What Have You Bought Recently?
 
1 Attachment(s)
#36 of 2000 [emoji5]️

Attachment 163706

Vipp 16th May 2015 12:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J Harker (Post 449831)
Assuming we're talking about the original film it is bloody brilliant. I only watched it for the first time myself a few weeks back and now its one of my very favourite horrors.
And the Eureka dvd if thats the version you got looks superb too.

It is the Eureka version i bought, Sharon kindly pointed me in the direction of the Amazon (UK) store as it was listed for 6 inc P+P. I wasn't sure if it would be my cup of tea but for that price it's better than trying to find a copy online that has watchable quality and subtitles. I will write up what i make of it, the only other 'Child crowd killer' style film i have seen is 'The Children of Ravensback' i still own the VHS and love it so i have high hopes for this film. :pop2:

Demdike@Cult Labs 16th May 2015 12:39 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Vipp (Post 449811)
Does the remake have the same name? thanks for the heads up. :)

Come Out and Play.

PaulD 16th May 2015 12:43 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Attachment 163709

Not bought but won this in a Facebook competition held by the page of Troy Howarth's forthcoming Fulci book. Looks like a fantastic release.

Buboven 16th May 2015 12:52 PM

Recent purchases include Arrow's edition of Comedy of Terror's.

Rik 16th May 2015 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaulD (Post 449844)
Attachment 163709

Not bought but won this in a Facebook competition held by the page of Troy Howarth's forthcoming Fulci book. Looks like a fantastic release.

Didn't even know he was working on one! :glitter:

plasterface 16th May 2015 02:06 PM

purchase
 
pre-ordered grindhouse on steelbook blu from Zavvi , few other titles I would'nt mind but learnt my lesson to sit back and wait as a lot of their limited edition titles often go to half price or less after a few months. Did'nt want to take risk with gridhouse though.

Crimson Blade 16th May 2015 02:08 PM

Two recent purchases from HMV.

http://s26.postimg.org/7pbie6qf9/phpv5j_G6l_AM.jpg
http://s26.postimg.org/vuc7vwapx/51_...NFLL_SY300.jpg

Demdike@Cult Labs 16th May 2015 02:55 PM

8 Attachment(s)
This week's new arrivals.

Sobral 16th May 2015 03:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rik (Post 449863)
Didn't even know he was working on one! :glitter:

http://www.rockshockpop.com/forums/a...6&d=1421674032

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Splin...91092130990028

Sobral 16th May 2015 03:04 PM

http://s2.postimg.org/vrol53qm1/DSCF5177.jpg

The latest Weng's Chop issue plus 3x Monster!
This will keep me busy for a while....

Buboven 16th May 2015 03:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by plasterface (Post 449869)
pre-ordered grindhouse on steelbook blu from Zavvi , few other titles I would'nt mind but learnt my lesson to sit back and wait as a lot of their limited edition titles often go to half price or less after a few months. Did'nt want to take risk with gridhouse though.

I like the look of that except for the unnecessary bullet holes which puts me off it.

keirarts 16th May 2015 03:45 PM

5 Attachment(s)
Attachment 163728 Attachment 163729

The top two from HMV. Some good pricing, Toy soldiers 6.99 and the stranger 9.99. Interested to see if its a better transfer than the older US one I have double billed with Kansas city confidential.

Also these dropping in price on marketplace....

Attachment 163730 Attachment 163731

Attachment 163732

Nordicdusk 16th May 2015 03:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keirarts (Post 449885)
Attachment 163728 Attachment 163729

The top two from HMV. Some good pricing, Toy soldiers 6.99 and the stranger 9.99. Interested to see if its a better transfer than the older US one I have double billed with Kansas city confidential.

Also these dropping in price on marketplace....

Attachment 163730 Attachment 163731

Attachment 163732

I really have to upgrade my Black Xmas to Blu Ray

keirarts 16th May 2015 03:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nordicdusk (Post 449886)
I really have to upgrade my Black Xmas to Blu Ray

I know some labbers dislike it but its one of my favourite xmas films. Was only a little over 6 before postage.

Nordicdusk 16th May 2015 03:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keirarts (Post 449888)
I know some labbers dislike it but its one of my favourite xmas films. Was only a little over 6 before postage.

I love it its a great film I love the ending. It has a great creepy vibe love it.

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 16th May 2015 04:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keirarts (Post 449885)
Interested to see if its a better transfer than the older US one I have double billed with Kansas city confidential.

It will be. :nod:

I think it's the same restored transfer Kino used for their Blu:

http://dv1.us/p1/568/207568-d1.jpg

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nordicdusk (Post 449886)
I really have to upgrade my Black Xmas to Blu Ray

Quote:

Originally Posted by keirarts (Post 449888)
I know some labbers dislike it but its one of my favourite xmas films. Was only a little over 6 before postage.

A certain raven has a strong dislike for it from what I recall ;)

The US BD has mixed reviews but the general consensus is that it isn't very good - although certainly worth 6.

I have the German Blu which is supposed to be slightly better... I was suckered in by the awesome cover art too:

http://dv1.us/p1/307/212307-d0.jpg

It would be great to see a truly definitive release of this classic slasher someday though.

Buboven 16th May 2015 05:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs (Post 449893)
It will be. :nod:

I think it's the same restored transfer Kino used for their Blu:

http://dv1.us/p1/568/207568-d1.jpg





A certain raven has a strong dislike for it from what I recall ;)

The US BD has mixed reviews but the general consensus is that it isn't very good - although certainly worth 6.

I have the German Blu which is supposed to be slightly better... I was suckered in by the awesome cover art too:

http://dv1.us/p1/307/212307-d0.jpg

It would be great to see a truly definitive release of this classic slasher someday though.

Superior to Halloween in my humble opinion. I own the German Blu aswell. Wish Arrow or another could give it a definitive release as you say though.

JoshuaKaitlyn 16th May 2015 05:56 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Mainstream this month:
Attachment 163752 Attachment 163753

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 16th May 2015 06:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buboven (Post 449915)
Superior to Halloween in my humble opinion. I own the German Blu aswell. Wish Arrow or another could give it a definitive release as you say though.

I also prefer it to Halloween. :nod:

JoshuaKaitlyn 17th May 2015 02:32 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Another Two:
Attachment 163787 Attachment 163788

VeZius 18th May 2015 10:00 AM

1 Attachment(s)
A few more additions from last week.

https://youtu.be/ol90Jf-61yY

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 18th May 2015 10:23 AM

I've had an e-mail from 88 Films to say Dead of Winter and The Bloodstained Shadow are about to be shipped, so I'm happy about that.

Nordicdusk 18th May 2015 12:30 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Attachment 163831

Lunch time trip to CEX not seen this in a long long time.

MuckyFunster 18th May 2015 12:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nordicdusk (Post 450094)
Attachment 163831



Lunch time trip to CEX not seen this in a long long time.


Are you sat on the loo? [emoji23]

Nordicdusk 18th May 2015 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MuckyFunster (Post 450096)
Are you sat on the loo? [emoji23]

No that's the electrical room where I sleep on my lunch at work :lol:

J Harker 18th May 2015 12:57 PM

Just ordered this as it is currently 11.46 on Amazon.
http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/05...3b6ce56250.jpg
And this from Zavvi
http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/05...eb22b230ec.jpg
17.99

trebor8273 18th May 2015 01:48 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Attachment 163833
Attachment 163834
Attachment 163835

Nordicdusk 18th May 2015 03:41 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Attachment 163838

Thanks to Kyle for this from the comp.


All times are GMT. The time now is 07:15 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2
Copyright © 2014 Cult Laboratories Ltd. All rights reserved.