Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

Demdike@Cult Labs 24th September 2011 07:26 PM

Thanks Nos.

Hmm one apiece.

Phurious 24th September 2011 07:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike (Post 183890)
A bit of advice if anyone can help.

I ordered French zombie flick The Horde from an online retailer but they sent me Devil by mistake. I know nothing about Devil, however reading the sleeve it sounds pretty good.

Should i keep Devil and reorder The Horde or go throught he hassle of returns etc?

Didn't like Devil at all. Way too predictable and tepid for my liking.

The Horde on the other hand was wonderfully bleak and ultra-violent - a perfect double bill with Day Of The Dead I reckon.

Phurious 24th September 2011 07:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 183894)
I had a bit of a spending spree (if you call 15 DVDs for 30 a spending spree), buying some genuinely good films, some guilty pleasures and one, which I'm sure you'll be able to guess, I haven't yet seen but I've heard is terrible, so it's a 'morbid curiosity' purchase!

Magnificent Warriors
The Corrupter
Very Bad Things
Raising Cain
Body Heat
In the Heat of the Night
Patriot Games
Flight of the Living Dead
The Forgotten
The Assassination of Richard Nixon
Howard the Duck
White Noise
Jamaica inn
The Legend of Hell House
The Hidden

Not Howard The Duck please! :tsk: I'm gonna :pray: for you if it is ;)

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 24th September 2011 07:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phurious (Post 183902)
Not Howard The Duck please! :tsk: I'm gonna :pray: for you if it is ;)

Guilty pleasure and, this is probably blasphemy to some, but a film I prefer to many of the Star Wars movies.

platostotal 24th September 2011 07:42 PM

Lets hope RETURN on Blu is done right, love to see a crisp HD version.

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 24th September 2011 07:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by platostotal (Post 183904)
Lets hope RETURN on Blu is done right, love to see a crisp HD version.

I already have The Return of the Living Dead BD and it looks and sounds incredibly good, so much better than the DVD.

I really want to buy The Phantom Carriage, Island of Lost Souls and Kiss Me Deadly, but I'll wait until the end of the month or the beginning of next.

oaxaca 24th September 2011 08:19 PM

Lovely choice of BDs BE!! ISLAND OF LOST SOULS is one I'm desperate to see in HD. Really makes me wish my PS3 could do region A's.

Just watching BEN HUR and must say it looks like it was made yesterday. Surely the best transfer I've ever seen of a classic movie. The resolution is pin sharp and colours really POP!

Phurious 24th September 2011 08:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 183903)
Guilty pleasure and, this is probably blasphemy to some, but a film I prefer to many of the Star Wars movies.

Wow! Well if you're referring to the 'abominations' then I can understand that completely.

I know a few people who like HTD though, and I'd even consider some of them to be my friends ;)

Phurious 24th September 2011 08:40 PM

Actually a guilty pleasures thread would be fun wouldn't it?

Maybe I'll start one tomorrow unless someone beats me to it (I'm heading our shortly, so can't do it right now).

Stephen@Cult Labs 24th September 2011 08:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phurious (Post 183919)
Actually a guilty pleasures thread would be fun wouldn't it?

Maybe I'll start one tomorrow unless someone beats me to it (I'm heading our shortly, so can't do it right now).

We do have the closet film favourites thread, which is the same thing. :)

http://www.cult-labs.com/forums/conf...ilty+pleasures