Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 29th September 2011 06:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Slippery Jack (Post 185819)
Hope you got Down Terrace for not much more than a quid - it's a Poundland favourite :nod: . . .

I'm surprised by that as it's an excellent movie and decent DVD, which is worth more than £1.

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 29th September 2011 06:45 PM

That's a very good excuse - I'm not sure how long it took me to buy a title I already owned on DVD, but one of the first half dozen BDs I bought was 2001: A Space Odyssey, my first double-dip/upgrade.

Stephen@Cult Labs 29th September 2011 06:52 PM

Ordered the Dutch BD of The Frighteners the other day and it was sent this morning. Now I'm hearing the bloody thing only Includes the theatrical version. Knowing the way Universal likes to use the same disc all over Europe, the UK disc could be the same. Damn me for going with the better artwork!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

the blob 29th September 2011 06:55 PM

It took me all of exactly one day as I ordered GOODFELLAS the day after I ordered my HD-DVD player and THE THING and TWELVE MONKEYS a few days later, all of which I already had on DVD. :D

Still, choice was a bit limited back then as it was only a few months after the format began.

Demdike@Cult Labs 29th September 2011 06:59 PM

6 Attachment(s)
Items that have turned up over the last few days.

Phurious 29th September 2011 07:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Slippery Jack (Post 185819)
How much was Possession? Wouldn't mind having that in my collection. Hope you got Down Terrace for not much more than a quid - it's a Poundland favourite :nod: . . .

Possession was £11 (it's about that everywhere I think, although I wouldn't mind getting the R2 German release which has commentary, in English I think - not 100% sure).
Alas Down Terrace was £6. I could never find it in any Poundlands near me even though I had my eyes peeled. I know I could have got it cheaper on eBay or somewhere, but it was there and I got it.

James Morton 29th September 2011 07:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phurious (Post 185837)
Possession was £11 (it's about that everywhere I think, although I wouldn't mind getting the R2 German release which has commentary, in English I think - not 100% sure).
Alas Down Terrace was £6. I could never find it in any Poundlands near me even though I had my eyes peeled. I know I could have got it cheaper on eBay or somewhere, but it was there and I got it.

I have the German dvd of POSSESSION and yes it has the same commentary as on the old Anchor Bay dvd in English

Stephen@Cult Labs 29th September 2011 07:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phurious (Post 185768)
Some videos slammed the doormat and the DVDs I picked up in Fopp.

The unforgivable thing with Return Of The Living Dead Part II is the fact that the soundtrack has been changed for the English version, all the music and score has been replaced. Think it was done when the film played on US tv. Even worse? The French track on the disc features the original music!!!!!!

Slippery Jack 29th September 2011 07:25 PM

Oh yeah, German's the way to go with Possession:

DVDCompare:
"R2 Germany is a proper transfer, offers an alternate soundtrack approved by director Andrzej Zulawski and also the best extras."

Phurious 29th September 2011 07:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs (Post 185841)
The unforgivable thing with Return Of The Living Dead Part II is the fact that the soundtrack has been changed for the English version, all the music and score has been replaced. Think it was done when the film played on US tv. Even worse? The French track on the disc features the original music!!!!!!

To be honest I bought it purely for the director's commentary, so I'm not overly worried.