Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

monkeyscreams 7th October 2011 01:01 PM

Got these today by mail:
- Calvaire (The Ordeal)
- Devil Story
gonna watch them this weekend (I hope)

Phurious 7th October 2011 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pete (Post 187981)
It really pisses me off that we don't have a Fopp in Liverpool!:censored:

Yeh, it's a shame. Is Manchester the nearest? You'd think with a big student population like in Liverpool a Fopp would be ideal.

I remember a video stall on the indoor market where I used to get tons of vids about 12 yrs ago, but I've been told all that's gone now :(

Pete 7th October 2011 01:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phurious (Post 187987)
Yeh, it's a shame. Is Manchester the nearest? You'd think with a big student population like in Liverpool a Fopp would be ideal.

I remember a video stall on the indoor market where I used to get tons of vids about 12 yrs ago, but I've been told all that's gone now :(

Yeah, Manchester is the nearest.

That shop has gone now, unfortunately. He used to have loads of great stuff, I got my first ever copy of THE NEW YORK RIPPER from there.

g053584398 7th October 2011 01:23 PM

Quote:

I know what you mean Pete. My local Fopp used to be in Sheffield, but it is now sadly long gone. I picked up many fine albums, books and the odd DVD in there.

RedEyeTheCylon 7th October 2011 02:54 PM

Acquired over the last few weeks:

Quatermass Xperiment/ Quatermass 2 double
Sleepy Hollow
Flash Gordon
Army of Darkness
American Werewolf in London
The Wolfman (Remake)
Friday the 13th (Remake)
Panic in the Year Zero / Last Man on Earth
Creepshow 2
Mega Piranha
Zombie Attack

I've also just taped the 1966 Roddy McDowall/Golem film IT! off the Horror Channel over the weekend which I've yet to watch but it looks quite good from the trailer. Quite a lot of rare films seem to have been cropping up on there recently

Slippery Jack 7th October 2011 03:01 PM

My R1 copy of Vinyan (with a Phurious-recommended making of documentary) arrived this morning - though the seller failed to mention it was ex-Blockbuster Video stock, in a weird chunky case with BLOCKBUSTER stamped on the inside :mmph: . . .

Phurious 7th October 2011 03:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Slippery Jack (Post 188018)
My R1 copy of Vinyan (with a Phurious-recommended making of documentary) arrived this morning - though the seller failed to mention it was ex-Blockbuster Video stock, in a weird chunky case with BLOCKBUSTER stamped on the inside :mmph: . . .

How bloody annoying. Chase that up and get some money back or at least another DVD. :mmph:

Slippery Jack 7th October 2011 03:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phurious (Post 188022)
How bloody annoying. Chase that up and get some money back or at least another DVD. :mmph:

Well the paper insert is the regular dvd kind, and the disc is in good nick, so I'll probably just chuck the nasty case and replace that. It didn't cost more than £3.50 in total so it's not so bad . . .

Demdike@Cult Labs 7th October 2011 03:16 PM

Quote:

You have some good gambling rings though.

Prince_Vajda 7th October 2011 03:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Slippery Jack (Post 188024)
Well the paper insert is the regular dvd kind, and the disc is in good nick, so I'll probably just chuck the nasty case and replace that. It didn't cost more than £3.50 in total so it's not so bad . . .

I had to replace approximately 60% of the cases of my last 50 DVDs. Either they were :censored: eco-cases, broken, or they simply had an annoying push-button... :mmph:

Greetings!

PS: I just realised it - this is a post for my very own "rant"-thread... :biggrin: