Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

Baseball Fury 9th October 2011 07:09 PM

I want those Zuwalski limited editions , but I know if I spend £100 on 3 films I've never seen my wife to be will cut my testes off whilst I sleep. booooooooo.

Paul@TheOverlook 9th October 2011 07:12 PM

:D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PaulD 9th October 2011 07:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ricky Chad (Post 188655)
Last House on the Left (remake) - Great acting and some wonderful camera work, but the gang didn't seem as real or as crazy as in the prginal. The guy who played the David Hess role didn't know if he wanted to be the struggling father figure, the action hero, or the depraved. Doesn't beat the orginal but I was curious to see it.

Yeah, it's an interesting remake isn't it? I must give that another go at some point - it's usually quite cheap on bluray too. I did quite like the 'race against time' element with the daughter being alive but close to death - an interesting change to the original.

Recently I've watched:

Tromeo and Juliet - loved it. Been on a bit of a Troma binge of late and this is one of the best I have seen. The 'twist' at the end was painfully obvious although I suspect that was the point.

Friday the 13th (original) - as good as ever. Lovely-looking bluray too.

edit: aww crap, I thought this was the "What have you seen recently'' thread!

bdc 9th October 2011 07:35 PM

Seems you're not the only one. ;)
No worries!

Phurious 9th October 2011 08:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baseball Fury (Post 188660)
I want those Zuwalski limited editions , but I know if I spend £100 on 3 films I've never seen my wife to be will cut my testes off whilst I sleep. booooooooo.

I'm currently looking for a choir who needs a castrato :nod:

Phurious 9th October 2011 08:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baseball Fury (Post 188660)

It's just that typical fear I've got of 'if I don't get 'em now I never will', especially at those prices (the next ones jump up to about $50).

Rik 9th October 2011 09:18 PM

Well I was going to order some stuff from CEX online but in the last 24 hours they've started charging £2.50 per order for delivery, not a lot I know but I use CEX for bargains and adding a delivery charge that is more than the item is bloody annoying.

Rik 9th October 2011 09:49 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Just ordered this
Attachment 23967

Recently re-read the novel for probably the 10th time since I first read it 20 years ago so I thought I'd upgrade my many dvd editions :)

Just noticed that this is my 500th post too !!

Refused 9th October 2011 11:42 PM

Ok, I finally gave in and bought a cheap blu-ray player that can be changed to region A. Ordered Return of the Living Dead to enjoy on it as well.

What other US exclusive classics am I missing out on that I should check out?

monkeyscreams 10th October 2011 12:02 AM

Ordered Vinyan (Dutch fimworks) with the documentary as an extra (thanks to Phurious for pointing this out). Also ordered The complete Columbia Recordings by Miles Davis, that means I won't be able to buy movies for 4 months or so... You can't have it all I guess. On the bright side I'll have a great time listening to music and watching movies I already own!