Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 10th October 2011 11:55 AM

I hardly bought any last month and that should about it for October. I either buy regularly throughout a month or have a massive spending spree, as is the case there, and then try and limit my spending for the rest of the month.

It's going to be very tough, but I'm pretty sure I can do it.

Pete 10th October 2011 11:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 188801)
I hardly bought any last month and that should about it for October. I either buy regularly throughout a month or have a massive spending spree, as is the case there, and then try and limit my spending for the rest of the month.

It's going to be very tough, but I'm pretty sure I can do it.

Bet you can't! :D

Nothing wrong with splashing out on loads of titles. If I had the money I'd be buying every dvd & blu-ray possible! Well, with exceptions of course.

Prince_Vajda 10th October 2011 12:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pete (Post 188802)

Nothing wrong with splashing out on loads of titles. If I had the money I'd be buying every dvd & blu-ray possible! Well, with exceptions of course.

This part of your post::eek: --> :puke:

That part of your post: :blush: --> :nod:

:biggrin:

@ Nos: great haul! I'm looking forward to one of your posts in the near future, showing you wearing that mask! :lol:

Greetings!

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 10th October 2011 12:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pete (Post 188802)

There is no way I'm going to be able to make it to November without buying anything else, but I'm going to try and put off purchases and only buy 'essentials' and absolute bargains.

If I had loads of money, I'd also buy disc after disc after disc as well as a better Region A Blu-ray player for all the Criterion BDs coming my way!

the blob 10th October 2011 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pete (Post 188800)
I have the Tesco Technika player and it isn't very good - many BD's jump and sometimes the discs won't load at all and you have to turn it off by the plug and switch it back on again to get it working.

Aahh Tesco...

I'll have a couple of lamb shanks, two bags of pasta, a kids sweatshirt and a Blu-Ray player please..

Pete 10th October 2011 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the blob (Post 188807)
Aahh Tesco...

I'll have a couple of lamb shanks, two bags of pasta, a kids sweatshirt and a Blu-Ray player please..

It was more like some pot noodles, 4 bags of jam doughnuts, a big bottle of Dr Pepper and a Blu-ray player please, you ugly cow.... :D

the blob 10th October 2011 12:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pete (Post 188808)
It was more like some pot noodles, 4 bags of jam doughnuts, a big bottle of Dr Pepper and a Blu-ray player please, you ugly cow.... :D

and a Twix...

Refused 10th October 2011 01:38 PM

My mate has had his for about a year, and it's been fine for him so fingers crossed.
Hopefully the hack will work on the refurbished one, if not though I'll just send it back. No big deal!

In other news, received my 100th blu-ray in the post today - Halloween!

Demdike@Cult Labs 10th October 2011 03:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 188806)
There is no way I'm going to be able to make it to November without buying anything else, but I'm going to try and put off purchases and only buy 'essentials' and absolute bargains.

So thats pretty much everything covered then.:lol:

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 10th October 2011 04:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike (Post 188853)
So thats pretty much everything covered then.:lol:

Unfortunately, that's very true!

In terms of Mondo films, I've started a new thread: http://www.cult-labs.com/forums/worl...do-movies.html