Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

nekromantik 11th October 2011 09:40 PM

im tempted to pick up NOES bluray boxset!
it includes the new NOES doc too.

Rik 11th October 2011 09:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nekromantik (Post 189272)
im tempted to pick up NOES bluray boxset!
it includes the new NOES doc too.

I've put it on my list for Santa, along with many others

Sometimes, dead is better

brain dead 11th October 2011 11:40 PM

Got Dead Alive today. The menu image is an "aged" version of the cover, cropped just above the lips. All I could picture was goatse :eek:

Daemonia 12th October 2011 12:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brain dead (Post 189284)
Got Dead Alive today. The menu image is an "aged" version of the cover, cropped just above the lips. All I could picture was goatse :eek:

Stop right there. Just....don't. Please, don't go there. *shudders*

Phurious 12th October 2011 03:54 PM

5 Attachment(s)
These were the welcome mats when I opened the door after work today:

Red White And Blue was when of the best films I saw at Frightfest last year, and one of the best films I saw all year in fact. Can't wait to watch it again.

Escape From New York - my mates and I are having a sci-fi prison/lockdown triple bill this sunday, I bought this in case my copy of No Escape doesn't turn up (we'll be watching Wedlock and Fortress too.

Our Day Will Come - Romain Gavras, Vincent Cassel, psychotic red heads on the rampage - looking forward to this immensely.

Zombi 2 - been meaning to get this special edition for yonks and I finally got round to it. Nuff said really.

Bad Boy Bubby - this is the R4 double disc edition with Hope and De Heer commentary. £6 on ebay an absolute steal when it's on Amazon for £39.95! :woot:

Rik 12th October 2011 04:01 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Got home to find this sat waiting for me,courtesy of PaulRobinson

Attachment 24210

Surprisingly, I've never seen this film so I'm going to watch it tomorrow after I've dropped the kids off at school :)

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 12th October 2011 04:01 PM

Very nice purchases, Phurious.

Phurious 12th October 2011 04:04 PM

Cheers dude. I had a mile wide grin when I saw them :nod:

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 12th October 2011 04:08 PM

The Zombi 2 DVD set is superb and the commentary on the Bad Boy Bubby DVD, if it's the same as the one on the British BD, is illuminating and funny. I watched and reviewed Our Day Will Come before its release and thought it was pretty good, though no masterpiece.

Enjoy your sci-fi prison/lockdown marathon.

Phurious 12th October 2011 04:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 189355)
The Zombi 2 DVD set is superb and the commentary on the Bad Boy Bubby DVD, if it's the same as the one on the British BD, is illuminating and funny. I watched and reviewed Our Day Will Come before its release and thought it was pretty good, though no masterpiece.

Enjoy your sci-fi prison/lockdown marathon.

I think it is the one on the BD (I've still not jumped into that camp yet - slowly but surely).

Yeh, that Zombi 2 set has been a hole in my collection for too long now, sometimes you just have to take the plunge.

And cheers, I'm more than sure that we'll have a 'riot' for our movie marathon.