Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

Rik 14th October 2011 07:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper@Cult Labs (Post 190087)
Probably were getting it from UK customs for the Machete inside! :lol:

Or maybe they've been recalled to save people from the horror of watching Part 8 again....

Sometimes, dead is better

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 14th October 2011 07:48 PM

Just clocked it's limited to 50,000-Surely they ain't sold out already?

Amazon US has it,but custom charges.......

What has happened to DVDUSA Stephen?

Stephen@Cult Labs 14th October 2011 07:53 PM

Dvdworld USA doesn't have it. Some reviewers seem to think the remaining films may hit blu-ray next year. I already have the 2004 boxset, so I think I'll give this a miss and order some other stuff. :)

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 14th October 2011 07:55 PM

Yeah the BD rumourmill is red hot-I hope it does.:nod:

Tempted mate?

Friday the 13TH 2011 DVD Collection | CD WOW! UK

PaulRobinson 14th October 2011 08:01 PM

I could have ordered this with my Axel Points but there will be blu-rays I'm sure so I couldn't bring myself to get it. I just cant buy DVD's anymore, I have a blu-ray problem.... I think I need BD's Anonymous.

bdc 14th October 2011 08:03 PM

I also used to have that but nowadays I buy more dvd's than bd's. :loco:

BAKA 14th October 2011 08:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Slippery Jack (Post 190020)
Oh yeah, and here's my birthday haul...

I love it when people post pictures of their hauls! I really need to get around to picking up Nightmare USA. I think I'll add it to my Christmas list. I keep hoping Shameless or Arrow will do something with the Bava back catalogue on something a little bluer than DVD, but perhaps I should pick that set just incase they don't o.O.

Slippery Jack 14th October 2011 08:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BAKA (Post 190103)
I really need to get around to picking up Nightmare USA. I think I'll add it to my Christmas list.

It's amazing! Thrower's passionate flag-bearing has turned previously 'meh'-sounding titles into instant must-haves (Don't Go in the House) - as well as unearthing countless stuff completely new to me - and I've only been reading the damn book for a few nights :lol: . . .

Nemesis 14th October 2011 08:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper@Cult Labs (Post 190030)
HOUSE BY THE CEMETERY shipped from Axel! :woot:

Freudstein in HD-Nice!

Axel shipped my copy as well :woot:

Quote:

Regan - Sweeney Pilot Movie

Not quite up there with the best of The Sweeney tv show, but a decent 'introduction' to the series. By the way, this is the episode where Regan says 'Get yer trousers on - yer nicked!'

Looks nice on BD too.

Confirmation on the inner ( reverse side ) sleeve that Network are indeed going to release the entire Sweeney series on Blu-ray
I've got this on order with my local HMV - cannot wait to see it. I only recently bought the Sweeney 1-4 boxset and have been loving it. Very rarely a bad episode - faves so far are Ringer, Taste of Fear and Queen's Pawn. Will be some time before I get it on blu - this needs several rewatches.

Edit - by the way, has anyone got the Kino blu of City of Life and Death on pre-order? Do we know if it's region free?

Nemesis 14th October 2011 08:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Slippery Jack (Post 190107)
It's amazing! Thrower's passionate flag-bearing has turned previously 'meh'-sounding titles into instant must-haves (Don't Go in the House) - as well as unearthing countless stuff completely new to me - and I've only been reading the damn book for a few nights :lol: . . .

Does anyone know the release dates for Thrower's next books - he was working on a second volume of Nightmare USA and a book on Jess Franco. I also thought that Beyond Terror was being reissued this year.