Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

Nemesis 14th October 2011 08:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phurious (Post 188315)
My extremely sexy Mondo Vision Limited Edition box set of La Femme Publique arrived (prompting me to immediately order L'important C'est D'Aimer and L'Amour Braque, unfortunately Szamanka is $250!)

Also this bizarre VHS was a win from eBay: Oliver Reed in the fantastically named (but probably rubbish) Dr Heckyl And Mr Hype.

Here's a link containing a screenshot of Mondo's forthcoming Possession; David M, who does work for Mondo, also gives an explanation for the delay:

• View topic - Mondo Vision

Phurious 14th October 2011 09:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nemesis (Post 190116)
Here's a link containing a screenshot of Mondo's forthcoming Possession; David M, who does work for Mondo, also gives an explanation for the delay:

• View topic - Mondo Vision

:) Looking forward to it mightily.

I can only imagine what an On The Silver Globe package will be like - that is hands down one of the most brilliantly deranged, difficult, visionary and wtf? films I've ever seen.

Thrower's Beyond Terror should be out next year with updates apparently. Details were on the FAB website a while ago, but it's gone now :(

PaulRobinson 15th October 2011 07:05 AM

The Criterion release of Salo (or the 120 Days of Sodom) arrived this morning.

It's a lovely set but the film contained within, or so I'm told, will leave me feeling nauseous and possibly angry. I'm not sure what I'll make of it but will give it a go with an open mind nonetheless.

I now have three Criterion blu-rays (with another on the way) and I have to say they are truly great releases! I have missed the boat completely, and I'm sure you all knew this already, but they're a great company!

I may have just acquired an expensive hobby! :eek:

Phurious 15th October 2011 07:58 AM

5 Attachment(s)
My other two equally sexy Mondo Vision Limited Edition releases arrived today (super fast delivery form the states - 5 days to deliver from L.A. and only $20!).

L'amour Braque is in a red faux velvet case and L'important c'est d'aimer is in a white faux leather case - these are some of the best packaged DVDs I've ever seen. Such a shame Szamanka is unavailable.

Also after a nail-bitingly long wait Alan Jone's Profondo Argento came too (from the States - well over 45 days!), but I'm so happy to see it.

Slippery Jack 15th October 2011 08:31 AM

oooooOh EMBOSSED :eek: Decided I'm not gonna splash out on these right now - showing some will power! I'll definitely grab Possession when that comes out though . . .

Baseball Fury 15th October 2011 08:31 AM

Cheers postie!

http://i1120.photobucket.com/albums/...0-15092807.jpg

Phurious 15th October 2011 08:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Slippery Jack (Post 190165)
oooooOh EMBOSSED :eek: Decided I'm not gonna splash out on these right now - showing some will power! I'll definitely grab Possession when that comes out though . . .

Well done, my wallets lighter and my shelves are heavier - but I feel good anyway :nod:

Slippery Jack 15th October 2011 08:56 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Oh yeah, I totally forgot to add this to my birthday haul pic last night...

Tombsy666 15th October 2011 08:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rik (Post 190047)
I've had it in my basket on their site for ages but am a bit scared about ordering from them as I've never used them before, I think I'll have to risk it and go to the checkout
Edit: Done :)

Sometimes, dead is better

Use movietyme for all my U.S buying & haven't had any problems with them, hopefully ZOMBIE will be shipping very soon as the releases date moves even closer :rockon:

Phurious 15th October 2011 10:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Slippery Jack (Post 190174)
Oh yeah, I totally forgot to add this to my birthday haul pic last night...

That's the best pressie fo' sho! ;)

"You're a queer looking rooster aren't ya?" :lol: