Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

Sam 21st October 2011 08:52 PM

Probably the wrong place to post this but does anyone know what the customs limit is from Thailand? I want to place an order with Thaicdexpress for a few Spaghetti Westerns, which will total around $26 before postage and weigh around 900g. Would this be likely to accrue any charges in anyone's experience? :confused:

Stephen@Cult Labs 21st October 2011 08:56 PM

Grrrrr, bloody Italian BD of Dellamorte Dellamore has an audio dropout for a few seconds on the English audio track that doesn't appear in any other version! If only another company were releasing in on blu-ray!

Rik 21st October 2011 09:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs (Post 191964)
Grrrrr, bloody Italian BD of Dellamorte Dellamore has an audio dropout for a few seconds on the English audio track that doesn't appear in any other version! If only another company were releasing in on blu-ray!

:laugh:

Just finished watching Psycho, only one word can describe how this looks and sounds and that is Fan****ingtastic :clap:

Cap. Vic RobotPants M.D. 21st October 2011 09:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prince_Vajda (Post 191831)
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/...500_AA300_.jpg

My eagerly-awaited copy arrived today! :woot: :clap: :happy:

Greetings!

Sadly, Iam still waiting for Amazon to ship this to me. Maybe I need to start ordering from Axel. It seems a lot of you get things a lot earlier.
I been a little under the weather and stayed home from work the last couple of days, luckily the mailman delivered these.
The Prowler Blu ( watched it with the savini com.)
Basket case Blu ( the wife won't let me watch it when she's around???)
Cold Prey 2 DVD ( I can't wait to see the third one now)
Stage fright DVD ( I thought I never saw it before, but realized I had, don't know how I forgot about it as it is very fun and well done.)
Also just received the Last Circus Blu in the mail today ( coincidentally, also received the DVD from Netflix yesterday as we forgot to take it off our list.)

pedromonkey 21st October 2011 10:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sam (Post 191962)
Probably the wrong place to post this but does anyone know what the customs limit is from Thailand? I want to place an order with Thaicdexpress for a few Spaghetti Westerns, which will total around $26 before postage and weigh around 900g. Would this be likely to accrue any charges in anyone's experience? :confused:

i think it's anything over £18.00 but don't quote me.

nekromantik 21st October 2011 10:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bdc (Post 191944)
I've read some items from that last B&N sale took months to ship. :rolleyes:

yeah
so its kinda off putting even if it does mean il pay £5 more. :doh:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rik (Post 191965)
:laugh:

Just finished watching Psycho, only one word can describe how this looks and sounds and that is Fan****ingtastic :clap:

I agree.
It looks stunning!! Just shows you how good blu can look on older movies.

Stephen@Cult Labs 21st October 2011 10:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pedromonkey (Post 191975)
i think it's anything over £18.00 but don't quote me.

You're correct. Although, after November 1st, the money grabbing b******s are lowering it to £15!!!!

pedromonkey 21st October 2011 10:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs (Post 191977)
You're correct. Although, after November 1st, the money grabbing b******s are lowering it to £15!!!!

do Axel charge or do they have a uk warehouse?

pedromonkey 21st October 2011 11:36 PM

bit of a mini spree in work tonight, picked up these...

Burial Of The Rats
Bridge Of Dragons
The Quest
Transformers: The Movie (animated) 2 Disc Tin Edition
The Grifters (Blu) bought it off a customer for 2.00, bargain!!!

nekromantik 22nd October 2011 01:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pedromonkey (Post 191978)
do Axel charge or do they have a uk warehouse?

Axel ship from the US to Europe and then from Europe to you so no customs charges.